ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peņaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Raconteurs Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th May 2006 09:48 PM
pdog Album to be released Tuesday, I got my copy today.
It's Jack White, with the drummer and bass player from The Greenhournes. I've been hearing tracks on the radio every Sunday night on Little Steven's Underground Garage, for the past month. I was blown away. Anyone who is a fan of Jack's work or The Greenhournes, get this album. It's a Stones fans type of record too, good ole rock and roll.
Here's The Muze review:
The Raconteurs: Jack White, Brendan Benson (vocals, guitars, keyboards); Jack Lawrence (bass guitar); Patrick Keeler (drums).

Chances are, Jack White would be mighty ticked if heard the term "supergroup" being tossed around to describe his latest band, the Ranconteurs. But when one considers that Detroit power-pop songwriting ace Brendan Benson and the fierce rhythm section of the Greenhornes are also on board, it's a tough term to avoid. The band's debut album, BROKEN BOY SOLDIERS, is set for a mid-May release.

16th May 2006 04:34 AM
jostorm Thanks pdog! If it wasn't for your post, I would have missed the day it gets released,have just this moment ordered it...

PS: I absolutely love Jack White, but what is Brendan Benson like???
16th May 2006 06:17 AM
Zeeta Ditto PhatDog

I got mine yesterday too...it's a little grower of a record. Favourite after 2 listens, 'Level'.

The Raconteurs or the Sabateurs as they are know in Oz are cool as fuck...great album artwork too...
16th May 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway Jack White is bad as shit. Great slide player.

I want him to make a record with Keith like he did with Loretta Lynn.
16th May 2006 12:53 PM
monkey_man They are playing in SF at the Warfield at the end of July.
16th May 2006 01:02 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
They are playing in SF at the Warfield at the end of July.

Didn't know that, it wasn't on their band site when I checked it yesterday.

And, I don't know, but this may be the same line up used for Loretta's incredible album released two years ago.
16th May 2006 01:46 PM
monkey_man http://www.bgp.com/event_detail.html?eventID=220058
16th May 2006 04:10 PM
Martha Thanks for posting the info on Jack's new deal pdog. I've been wonderin' about it and hadn't heard anything. Are there tour dates up too?
16th May 2006 09:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG On my second listen right now- Great album!! Thanks for the heads up, pDog. It's been a good couple of weeks for albums: Bruce, Neil, RHCP, and Jack and the Boys!!
16th May 2006 09:24 PM
pdog I'm getting Neils, I wasn't so sure if I'd like Bruce's tribute to Pete Seeger, should I get it?
16th May 2006 09:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm getting Neils, I wasn't so sure if I'd like Bruce's tribute to Pete Seeger, should I get it?

Yes it is a must!!! Even your children will sing and dance to it!!!
19th May 2006 04:11 PM
Trey Krimsin I bought this record today, and right now I'm listening to Together. So far, I'm impressed. I don't know if I'll get the chance to see them live, but from what I've heard off the album so far, the Raconteurs are fantastic.
[Edited by Trey Krimsin]
19th May 2006 04:20 PM
Saint Sway I will devour this album over the weekend. Cant wait.

I'm having a hard time getting into Neils new one. But I fucking love Neil.

if you like Neil Young, then I strongly recomend the new Built To Spill. Its got some moments that are very Neilish through out the record. Really really enjoying this one. BTS and Drive By Truckers are my top 2 new albums.

Tweedy's Loose Fur album is excellent too.

got a promo copy of the Chilli Peppers record. I'm now finding them exhausting to listen to. Enough rapping about loving California already.

also highly recomend The New Heathens. Snatch it up at www.newheathens.com

19th May 2006 04:22 PM
Factory Girl Saint Sway,

Check PM!
19th May 2006 05:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot Pdog...

Everyone was in the Do-Whaters except for Benson, and Jack has collaborated with him in the past too.

There is some VERY catchy stuff on this record. There is some haunting stuff on the record. There is some rocking stuff on this record.

In short, I like it a bunch.

I know that they claim that this is a real band, but I can't see Jack dumping Meg for this...or The Greenhornes not being The Greenhornes anymore. Or Brendan giving up on his solo career. It's a side project for all concerned. And a damn good one too! I'd like to see them...I'd even make the drive to NYC for that.
19th May 2006 05:11 PM
pdog It's a supergroup! LOL!
19th May 2006 05:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'd like to see them...I'd even make the drive to NYC for that.

too late bro. They played at Irving Plaza a few weeks ago
19th May 2006 05:13 PM
pdog They will be in SF in a few weeks or months or something!
19th May 2006 05:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot >too late bro. They played at Irving Plaza a few weeks ago<

Yeah, I saw some clips of that on Amazon. That whole show was filmed for a DVD release later this summer.

I can't imagine that the Irving Plaza show will be the only NYC gig though....
19th May 2006 05:28 PM
Saint Sway seems like every band previews their record at IP now.

I imagine they'd play Hammerstein.
19th May 2006 05:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot Or maybe the Nokia?
19th May 2006 08:21 PM
pdog I hate all these constantly changing corporate names for various venues!
At least, like Wrigley Field, it's always been named that...
SS, drive to the left coast and see them play, you can be my date to She Rats wedding.
19th May 2006 08:30 PM
MrPleasant I'm thinking of downloading the Da Vinci Code (starring Forrest Gump and Kirk Douglas' mistress; directed by bold asshole).
19th May 2006 08:33 PM
pdog So how do you really feel about the movie you ain't seen yet?
19th May 2006 08:34 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:
So how do you really feel about the movie you ain't seen yet?

I feel like Macca, after he was kicked out of The Beach Boys!
19th May 2006 08:35 PM
pdog
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

I feel like Macca, after he was kicked out of The Beach Boys!

That's funny, but it's not funny. Yet here I sit laughing. Dude that was funny, but why? How did you do that?
19th May 2006 08:36 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:

That's funny, but it's not funny. Yet here I sit laughing. Dude that was funny, but why? How did you do that?

Penauts. Eat penauts and kill their daddies!!
19th May 2006 08:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot >you can be my date to She Rats wedding.<

I sincerely doubt that my presence there would be appreciated.
19th May 2006 08:41 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>you can be my date to She Rats wedding.<

I sincerely doubt that my presence there would be appreciated.

I know nothing about this, and it makes me sad!
19th May 2006 08:42 PM
BONOISLOVE GROUP HUG!!!

(BUT I'VE GOT TO WARN YOU: I HAVEN'T SHAVEN YET!)
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)