ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Technical question about stadium/arena sound Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
May 16th, 2004 08:31 PM
luxury1 I am going to stay sober enough next tour, so I can comment on this thread....

Nanky, arent you in some serious pain by now?? (your tag line....its been there awhile,)
May 16th, 2004 09:36 PM
LadyJane
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I am going to stay sober enough next tour, so I can comment on this thread....

Not if I have anything to say about it!!

I PROMISE to keep an eye on your shoes!!

quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

No matter how bad the nite, it is still a Stones show.
Better than anything else on the planet.

Well said! So well..I may just have to incorporate that into my tag line. With your permission of course. Wouldn't want to violate any copywrite laws!!

LJ.
May 17th, 2004 01:14 AM
Sir Stonesalot But LJ...it's not true.

There are LOTS of things on the planet better than a Stones show.

Like a lap dance from Gypsy. I'd give a Stones show a miss for that.

Or how about the birth of a child? Wouldn't you miss a Stones show for the birth of one of your kids? Or the birth of a grandchild?

Winning a huge amount of tax free money(would have to be at least 5 figures)would be better than going to a Stones show.

A week in Jamaica(or pretty much anywhere in the Caribbean) at an all-inclusive resort is better than going to a Stones show.

Doing a scene in "Pirates of the Vagina II: Curse of the Black Curlies" with Gypsy (is there a pattern emerging here?)would be better than going to a Stones show.

Driving your newly purchased '73 Corvette home would be better than going to a Stones show. Although driving said Corvette to a Stones show would be pretty fuckin' sweet.

Finding a '54 Fender Telecaster at a yard sale for $10.00 would be better than going to a Stones show.

Graduating from college is better than going to a Stones show.

Watching your kid freak out over a new bike is better than going to a Stones show.

Opening your eyes and realizing you are still alive is better than going to a Stones show.

I think I made my point. Going to a Stones show is great...for me it's almost religious...but to say that it is the best thing on the planet is simply not true. We have to have some sort of perspective about this stuff, don'
t we?
May 17th, 2004 03:15 AM
F505
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
There are LOTS of things on the planet better than a Stones show.

Maybe you're right but your examples are not convincing.
May 17th, 2004 04:29 AM
palacerevolution Keith puts it best when he says that at the outdoor shows an extra member joins the band: God.
No matter how sophisticated the system, you can not compete with the wind just flatout blowing all those sweet sounds out towards left field e.g.
I hate outdoor shows because it never really gets sweaty and
superloud.
The sound just has too much room to expand and thin out. Anyone ever feel a Bass rumble at an outdoor show? Hell no.
May 17th, 2004 08:01 AM
LadyJane SS...take it up with Nanky...it was his line I quoted.

As for your examples..I'd love to spend time with gypsy..but not the same way YOU would!!

Don't have kids...so...can't relate!

Graduated from college...nice but I'd rather be at a Stones show!!

Don't play guitar and cars don't impress me..so nah!

Guess that leaves being glad to be alive and winning a lot of money. Yes, both of those are great. Have to be alive to enjoy a Show and having lots of money helps the cause as well!!

That's my perspective...For me those 2 hours are not only similar to a religious experience, but they are a form of therapy.

Again...why am I defending what Nanky said??? I'm barely awake!!

LJ.
May 17th, 2004 08:22 AM
nankerphelge I'll take a Stones show!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
May 17th, 2004 08:57 AM
luxury1 I love how all us Stones freaks relate to a show as a "religious experience". I have made that statement in mixed company and always seem to draw blank stares, and then they quickly walk away from me. Oh well. That is why I am here at RO. We all get it.
May 17th, 2004 08:57 AM
luxury1 Oh, and Nanky, does this mean you are now gay?
May 17th, 2004 09:41 AM
nankerphelge I said I pictured a head coming out of it!

Not some leather-clad guy grabbing me by the shoulders for a little rump romp!

May 17th, 2004 01:39 PM
Jumping Jack Someone explain this - Why did AC/DC sound so good and the Stones sound so bad at SARS with the same equipment? Answer that question and you'll have the answer to this thread.
May 17th, 2004 05:11 PM
voodoopug it also has a lot to do with where your seats are too. I was at the Comisky Park Licks Show and I sat right behind the visiting teams dugout first row. The sound was perfect. I had friends sitting way up top (i know what a crappy friend i am to put them all way up there!) and they said the sound was average as it was lost in the air a lot.

just my thoughts, now get back to work!
Page: 1 2 3