ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Album Recording? Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 9th, 2004 11:34 AM
Main Offender Anyone in France, please let us know when/if the Stones get to Paris to get this album started. Some of us are getting nervous. That means, we are having bigtime doubts.
May 9th, 2004 11:39 AM
LadyJane I agree M.O.!!

Are they or aren't they going into the studio??

Inquiring minds need to know!

LJ.
May 9th, 2004 11:40 AM
Snappy McJack Recording starts around the 20th of May.

Rumor has it that they are recording a few tracks for the soundtrack to the new Garfield movie that is coming out.
May 9th, 2004 11:52 AM
FOURCHETTE Don't worry, here in France, we are all waiting for the news. Friends in Paris will have a look around the recording studios un due time (in 10 days roughly). We are all on edge !
If the rumour is true...

By the way, has Mick left the studios in London where he was recording with dave Stewart ? Anybody knows ?
May 9th, 2004 12:05 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

Rumor has it that they are recording a few tracks for the soundtrack to the new Garfield movie that is coming out.

ROTFL!
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
May 9th, 2004 12:51 PM
egon
quote:
Main Offender wrote:
Anyone in France, please let us know when/if the Stones get to Paris to get this album started. Some of us are getting nervous. That means, we are having bigtime doubts.

Marseille here. i can report that nothing's happening down south... so far.
May 9th, 2004 01:14 PM
F505 Everything quiet in the Wisseloord Studio down here in Hilversum
May 9th, 2004 01:17 PM
Main Offender OK, here's the reason people in America are doubtful. The constant use of the word "rumor" is making it sound like the true facts are missing. We want facts!!
May 9th, 2004 01:33 PM
Main Offender [quote]FOURCHETTE wrote:
Don't worry, here in France, we are all waiting for the news. Friends in Paris will have a look around the recording studios un due time (in 10 days roughly). We are all on edge !
If the rumour is true.

That's what I mean! And, they will arrive before the date in order to set up, etc. Soon there should be some word of them flying in, taking up rooms in hotels, the whole nine yards. FOURCHETTE, keep your eyes and ears open for the little details that need to be in place to get the whole thing going. Then, tell us!! Facts!!
May 9th, 2004 03:12 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:

Marseille here. i can report that nothing's happening down south... so far.

Same in Montpellier Egon... Charlie' not in town..
May 9th, 2004 03:27 PM
FOURCHETTE Don't worry Main Offender... We're counting the days...
In a few days, we'll be able to know if hotel rooms are booked (The Ritz ? George 5th/Four Seasons ? ). Friends in Paris have decided to visit the Guillaume Tell Recording Studios in Suresne/Paris before hand and on 19th/20th of course.
Keep in touch...
May 9th, 2004 06:43 PM
Main Offender Thanks to FOURCHETTE and all on the "Stones look out" scene.
May 9th, 2004 06:45 PM
Gazza I was at a French restaurant two nights ago, and I'm sorry to report there was no sign of the Stones.

Should we be worried yet?
May 9th, 2004 07:00 PM
Bob Tamp let's hope it happens, but personally im a little worried after reading the Richards UNCUT interview last year.

...but then again...why would Charlie cancel his dates unless he is indeed working with the Stones. Regardless, the next album needs to be a fucking killer.
May 9th, 2004 07:36 PM
Main Offender We had French fries with our dinner in the hope.....
May 9th, 2004 09:12 PM
gotdablouse Just outside Paris here, checked the oil, got the motor' running, all primed for some reconnaissance work around the Guillaume Tell studios next week!
May 10th, 2004 10:47 PM
corgi37 I was going to have some snails and frogs legs as a tribute, and to help with the voodoo, but then, the French are just cheese eating surrender monkeys.
May 10th, 2004 11:27 PM
BILL PERKS THE FROGS WILL HAVE AS MUCH LUCK FINDIN THE STONES AS THEY DID STOPPING HITLER.I HAD FRENCH DRESSING TODAY AND NO STONES..ALL QUIET IN PORT NORRIS....
May 10th, 2004 11:47 PM
Poplar
Enjoyed a nice french kiss with my lover.

sadly - no stones.
May 11th, 2004 02:48 AM
Bloozehound ate some french toast in a diner saturday morning

no Stones, ten bucks
May 11th, 2004 03:19 AM
FotiniD I wouldn't worry, the Stones WILL record, I have a feeling it's like the calm before the storm. Just you wait!

And I love our spies in France I'm sure we'll know about them recording the minute they get in the studio
May 11th, 2004 08:56 AM
Madafaka Everything quiet in France Street here in Buenos Aires. The richest 'soupe d'oignon' but no Stones.
We will continue reporting from the south cone.
May 11th, 2004 09:28 AM
egon bit of soixante neuf the other night, but.... nada!
(well, no stones that is)
May 11th, 2004 09:57 AM
caro You'll all be happy to hear that the airports are on strike. Other than that, nothing new in France, except that things seem to be getting really out of hand in the south (^^)
May 11th, 2004 10:23 AM
egon
quote:
caro wrote:
You'll all be happy to hear that the airports are on strike. Other than that, nothing new in France, except that things seem to be getting really out of hand in the south (^^)

a strike in france news? i don't think so....
May 11th, 2004 10:24 AM
F505 Whatever happened to The Rolling Stones Mobile Studio?
May 11th, 2004 10:25 AM
egon let me check here in the south.

a saw a really big truck parked in the center of marseille the other day...
May 11th, 2004 10:26 AM
F505 Sure it wasn't Henk van Wijngaarden?
May 11th, 2004 10:37 AM
caro
quote:
a saw a really big truck parked in the center of marseille the other day...

...with "Heineken" written on it? No, that wasn't the right one.
May 11th, 2004 10:58 AM
FOURCHETTE 2 days ago on IORR, Stonesdoug said that the project of going to the Studios (in Paris or elsewhere) was probably postponed...The Stones might go into the studios in a couple of months...
Nothing confirmed.

Who knows ?

Nothing new here in Paris...

[Edited by FOURCHETTE]
Page: 1 2