ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Album Recording? Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 11th, 2004 11:01 AM
egon
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
2 days ago on IORR, Stonesdoug said that the project of going to the Studios (in Paris or elsewhere) was postponed...The Stones might go into the studios in a couple of months...
Nothing confirmed.

it's because of the weather; it's been shit the last couple of weeks.
May 11th, 2004 11:52 AM
FOURCHETTE Is the weather shit in Marseille Egon ?
Here in Northern France(not far from Belgium), it's rather dull...
Mind you, when you're in a studio, you don't really know what's the weather like outside...
May 11th, 2004 12:05 PM
LadyJane
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
2 days ago on IORR, Stonesdoug said that the project of going to the Studios (in Paris or elsewhere) was postponed...The Stones might go into the studios in a couple of months...
Nothing confirmed.

Can someone elaborate on this?? I cannot access Doug's Board from the office as it is blocked!

This is very disconcerting news!

LJ.
May 11th, 2004 12:36 PM
Main Offender Now I'm bummed out. We need valid info. Someone know something?
May 11th, 2004 01:50 PM
Jumacfly Meteo France reports :

Paris tomorrow morning: 7 degrees
Weather: cloudy

that's an info..and what an info!!!
;D
May 11th, 2004 03:27 PM
gotdablouse Wonder what the problem is this time around...I guess that they have better things to do, like build new houses, drink some booze, watch some cricket, and count their dough like the old bastards they are! These guys have ZERO creativity left in them!
May 11th, 2004 04:00 PM
Bloozehound Latest News:

for lunch I had some french fries w/ a club sandwich containing French's mustard

I think it's was 73 degrees out, overcast skies and slight drizzle, and NO Stones sighted !

May 11th, 2004 04:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
These guys have ZERO creativity left in them!

Oh cmon, you don't really believe that?????
May 11th, 2004 05:44 PM
Main Offender TTM, I don't wanna believe it but I am thinking the worst. That would be, nothing on the horizon.
May 11th, 2004 08:09 PM
kahoosier I don't remember seeing that! It is scarey, cause he is fairly accurate in his predictions. Well I am off to look Shidoobee over very carefully
May 11th, 2004 10:36 PM
IanBillen
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
2 days ago on IORR, Stonesdoug said that the project of going to the Studios (in Paris or elsewhere) was probably postponed...The Stones might go into the studios in a couple of months...
Nothing confirmed.

Who knows ?

Nothing new here in Paris...

Now Now, I check Shadoobie every day on all posts
concerning the new stuff to be recorded and I never
seen any of that. I checked through the previous
posts just now again and saw nothing of that nor is
anyone over at Shadoobie land saying anything about
any kind of postponement.
Be careful what you post before you check your source.
Ian

[Edited by FOURCHETTE]

May 12th, 2004 01:18 AM
corgi37 What the hell has the weather got to do with recording in a studio? Is this the same band that recorded in front and back yards, via a mobile van? The same band that recorded in a basement once used by the kooky old Nazis? Man, have they gone soft.
May 12th, 2004 01:39 AM
IanBillen
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What the hell has the weather got to do with recording in a studio? Is this the same band that recorded in front and back yards, via a mobile van? The same band that recorded in a basement once used by the kooky old Nazis? Man, have they gone soft.

Don't Believe everything you read. I am 100% sure
that the only way the weather would ever interfear
with The Stones set recording plans would be if:
1. Planes were delayed putting band members or
crucial staff in a lay-over.
2. Power goes out in studio due to weather but most high end studio's have back-up power should this
occur.
3. The Stones were recording live in concert and
wind or rain interfeared with The recording
process and/or sound.

Just because it may not be 75 and sunny in no way
would delay a recording schedule for such an act.

Ian

May 12th, 2004 05:21 AM
caro
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Now Now, I check Shadoobie every day on all posts
concerning the new stuff to be recorded and I never
seen any of that. I checked through the previous
posts just now again and saw nothing of that nor is
anyone over at Shadoobie land saying anything about
any kind of postponement.
Be careful what you post before you check your source.
Ian

Read carefully, Fourchette said it was on IORR. I think this is the thread he means :
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?f=1&i=109779&t=109779

Stonesdoug sounds rather defiant of that info, though.
[Edited by caro]
May 12th, 2004 05:25 AM
egon i tell you it is all about the weather.
no weather = no album.
trust me, i know these things.
May 12th, 2004 05:30 AM
F505 Maybe they should record in Florida. I understood many old people live there because of the sunny weather.
May 12th, 2004 06:32 AM
egon they could record in jb's big castle.

masseltof!
May 12th, 2004 12:13 PM
FOURCHETTE For IAN BILLEN :

Who talked about Shidoobee ??? Can't you read ? I talked about the site IORR.
Thank you Caro to give the right link.
May 12th, 2004 01:47 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
i tell you it is all about the weather.
no weather = no album.
trust me, i know these things.

LOL Egon (one more, you re my hero of the week !)
funny how this weather bullshit is taken seriously...I wonder who 's the jerk that began this pityful rumor;D
May 12th, 2004 01:54 PM
Monkey Woman Maybe we're all barking up the wrong tree... What if the rumor about recording at Studios Guillaume Tell again was a hoax started by the Stones to ensure privacy at the REAL recording site? Maybe they're really in NYC or LA or maybe Munich, London, Kildare, Nassau, Kingston... Take your pick!

BTW, the weather's better in Paris, now. So who knows?
May 12th, 2004 02:23 PM
egon i know;

http://www.meteo.fr/meteonet/temps/ville/prev/miniatmos_fr.htm?a=7501&b=PARIS&c=+02.35&d=48.87
May 12th, 2004 02:51 PM
Monkey Woman Well, well, the news mill is spinning faster than ever! Oldkr, a Shidoobee regular, posted there that he heard something about Mick being currently in Northern Africa! So if it's true, Mick's session with Dave Stewart is already finished and maybe he's just doing a little tourism before going to Paris and Studios Guillaume Tell...

Or could it be that he's in Morocco trying to get the Jajouka musicians on the new album? All bets are off!
May 12th, 2004 08:26 PM
stonedinaustralia while not based on anything other than a "feeling" my bet is we won't see a new album inside 12 months

i hope i'm wrong but i don't think so

ODDS:

new album by Xmas 2004: write your own ticket

by May 2005: 250/1

by Xmas 2005: 20/1

and if there's no new album by Xmas 2005 the odds that there will be no new album ever: 5/1

prices subject to change if in fact they do go into the studio

on second thought the above is not based on just a "feeling" - the various comments made by mick and keith in that "UNCUT" interview left me with the feeling that neither Mick or Keith are really looking to do a new stones album - esp. from Mick you get the feeling it's just too much hassle for too little reward
May 12th, 2004 09:30 PM
Soldatti I think that will be more than one album on this years to come. I heard information about the new album release date and seems to be on November/December 2004.
[Edited by Soldatti]
May 12th, 2004 11:08 PM
IanBillen
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
For IAN BILLEN :

Who talked about Shidoobee ??? Can't you read ? I talked about the site IORR.
Thank you Caro to give the right link.

Alright FOURCHETTE, It was an honest mistake since
StonesDoug is so commonly associated with Shadoobie.
And yes, I can read.
Ian
May 12th, 2004 11:13 PM
Snappy McJack Why are you people worrying about this?

Do we have to bring up "Uncut" again??? They DON'T want to do it anymore. They said it, not me.

May 12th, 2004 11:15 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Maybe we're all barking up the wrong tree... What if the rumor about recording at Studios Guillaume Tell again was a hoax started by the Stones to ensure privacy at the REAL recording site? Maybe they're really in NYC or LA or maybe Munich, London, Kildare, Nassau, Kingston... Take your pick!

BTW, the weather's better in Paris, now. So who knows?

Sure. Nobody knows where they will record or when.
In actuality. There is absolutely no confirmation
and certainly no official word of anything.
The only real evidence of anything for sure is that
infact Charlie had canceled his dates due to
other plans with The Rolling Stones. That was issued
by Charlie Watt's publicist and that is an a very
solid remark. Hell they could be recording as we
speak. There will be no totaly official news until they have been in there for a while. In other words no release from Virgin or The Stones camp.
Ian
May 13th, 2004 01:07 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
Why are you people worrying about this?

Do we have to bring up "Uncut" again??? They DON'T want to do it anymore. They said it, not me.

Just because Keith said: "Maybe a great Rolling
Stones album will come out of it who knows" =directly reffering to them recording in all kinds of places on tour. He just didn't want to let the cat out of the bag completely that infact they had tentative plans to record more on those tracks (and probably some others. In a Stones interview you have to read between the lines.
How do I know Keith was playing it down?=It doesn't take Rocket Science to figure to yourself.....Gee if Keith and the rest are so ambivilant about recording new stuff.....then why in hell were they recording all kinds of places on tour.....even including their hotel rooms. (come on, we know Keith better than that)

Also: If they were so ambivialant about recording....why would Charlie Watts (who is questionably the supposed most ambivilant among all four Stones) drop dates on his own project playing jazz with his band, which is his very favorite hobby when nothing is on with The Stones because as his publicist stated "other plans with the Rolling Stones had come up".
Why?
Because The Stones are planning studio work is why.

You see, you have to look what everything really points to.

Give them some time. By fall the album will be mostly finished if not entirely.
Ian
Page: 1 2