ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stone: 15 Worst Albums By Great Bands (Perks: read at own risk) Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th May 2007 11:24 AM
Starbuck diver down is easily VH's best album. what the %$#@ are they talking about? have they never heard VH II? fair warning? come on!

and i don't get the "self portrait" bashing...frankly, it is an incredible album. i love dylan's version of the boxer. quinn the eskimo....days of 49....little sadie...are we listening to the same album? is there some other "self portrait" album dylan released that sucked?

dude...you need to clean your ears out!
16th May 2007 01:14 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

FACE DANCERS IS AN EXCELELLENT RECORD,MUCH BETTER TRAN WHO ARE YOU;IMHO!

I would like to bite and kiss you !
16th May 2007 01:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I was thinking more that it was maybe down to a combination of a decade of bad taste combined with the good drugs being in shorter supply, myself!

Gazza ...............................

You are on FIRE !!!!

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Jacky Carson

16th May 2007 01:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to bite and kiss you !

"my balls are aching..."
16th May 2007 01:55 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"my balls are aching..."

Doesn't Heather bite them?
16th May 2007 05:22 PM
Joey
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Doesn't Heather bite them?

I had no IDEA Heather was a Hooker .
16th May 2007 05:27 PM
_Boomy_ I like "Face Dances". I like the addition of "Somebody Saved Me" on the remaster.

Back at the flat my girl sat in the shower
And wasn't too keen on me sharing
She came out well after an hour
And by that time I was past caring
16th May 2007 05:33 PM
Joey
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I like "Face Dances". I like the addition of "Somebody Saved Me" on the remaster.

Back at the flat my girl sat in the shower
And wasn't too keen on me sharing
She came out well after an hour
And by that time I was past caring

you are much loved by Joey
17th May 2007 12:24 AM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. I kinda like Lou Reed's Mistrial.

quote:
Gazza wrote:

He is. Thats the point with some of it... LOL. You couldnt include that horrid live version of 'Like a rolling stone' from the Isle of Wight without it being a pisstake IMO.

Theres some real turds on there, but theres some terrific music too, if you can get away from the "this is the guy who wrote 'Blonde on Blonde'" mindset and listen to it on its own merits. 'Copper Kettle' is an absolutely beautiful track, for example. Worth the price of the album on it's own for me - one of the finest vocals of Bob's entire career.

Self Portrait would've made a very fine single album. I for one love both versions of "Alberta" (especially #1), "Gotta Travel On" is also really good.

I thought "The Boxer" was fucking hilarious.
17th May 2007 12:33 AM
glencar Sad sad sad. Usually Motels posts these inane lists threads...
17th May 2007 07:31 AM
lotsajizz I like 'Dirty Work' and 'Face Dances' a lot ... "Just Another Tricky Day" is one of Pete's best lyrics.....'Presence' is by far my fave Zep album.....I too would've replaced any of those three with Doors' 'Soft Parade'
17th May 2007 08:28 AM
Olompali Mardis Gras by Creedence Clearwater Revival
The end.
17th May 2007 08:37 AM
lotsajizz ouch! boy, that album DID suck
17th May 2007 05:01 PM
stones40 One of the crappist sounding albums by the 'Stones' with no real song structure,feel or proper sound or lyric co-ordination .
An album that was made when people were not in harmony with each other (Mick & Keef) and others going in a different direction.
One Hit to the Body is a really good song amongst a multitude of stinkers
Deserves to be in the top ten bad album review .
No excuses for the boys with this album it is just plain and pure not 'Winning Ugly.
Thank goodness the 'Stones' did not break up and leave this as their final album
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)