ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan sucked here Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th May 2006 07:37 PM
Phog I made it to three shows this spring (KC twice, and Springfield). KC #2 was fantastic with a really nice setlist to boot. His current band is pretty damn good.
15th May 2006 08:09 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Seems like every night this tour The Black Crowes throw a Dylan cover into their set.

I'm off to see the Black Crowes tomorrow night at Massey Hall in Toronto...

I'd welcome any Dylan cover!

They've been doing some Lennon, too...
15th May 2006 08:21 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I'm going to see the Crowes in Jersey in July. However,the main draw for me is not the Black Crowes,but rather,the Drive By Truckers. After their set I may well leave just to beat the crowd. Don't get me wrong the Crowes are pretty good,but I have seen them well over fifty times. I used to go see them all the time in Atlanta at a bar in Little Five Points(The Edge) for all you Hotlantans. Back when they were Mr. Crowes Garden. Plus I MC'ed a couple of their shows down in Miami back in the early 90's.

Besides the Drive By Truckers are a much better band anyway. Hey Lazy Bones are the DBTs opening at the show you're going to? If so for God's sake do NOT miss them! I have from some folks that their current tour is great.

Riffy
15th May 2006 09:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I saw a beautfil DVD and almost could tolerate Dylan with MT on guitar.....I think it was 1984?<

Mac was in that band too...

15th May 2006 11:32 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hey Lazy Bones are the DBTs opening at the show you're going to?

Don't think so, Riffy. To my knowledge, they don't start opening until 10 June in Seattle. I'll be there early enough for the opening act regardless, for the slim chance they are opening.

Never seem them (DBT). Your comments only add to the positive-only reviews I've heard...
16th May 2006 11:18 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Martha - I have several shows from the recent leg, which I've downloaded

Reno, Stockton, Albuquerque, El Paso, Las vegas, Sun City West, Tucson, Grand Prairie, Kansas City, Birmingham and Asheville

let me know what you need, although as I'm going to Italy on saturday for a week, it'll have to wait until after I get back - as will some other stuff I have to send you.

Josh - non-believers have been walking out of Dylan shows for over 40 years because they're too thick to grasp the concept of a show where the performer sets his own rules, takes risks and doesnt play to the lowest common denominator of churning out the hits in a carbon copy of the original records. Personally, I love the unpredictability and edginess of such a show.

I wish the Stones would have the balls to take the same risks but they wont as long as theyre content to pander to the low expectancies of the corporate shower who know and want nothing beyond "40 licks" and who will feel cheated and cry like babies because theyve paid the GNP of a small African nation for a ticket to see a band who they feel should be their own personal jukebox.

The Stones effectively let a certain element of the audience (generally, the ones who know and appreciate their work the least) set the agenda for the type of show they put on. Dylan sets his own rules and the bulk of his audience are still clued in enough to follow. Thats the difference

[Edited by Gazza]

Step aside Joey dear...I'M gonna be the one to NUZZLE Gazza today! Excellent posting darling! ;-)

I DO want the Albuquerque and Tucson shows to relive....at your convenience of course. Can you get Bob's Theme Time radio show? LMK!

Have a wonderful trip to Italy.....you lucky dawg!

Joey you may resume the nuzzling tomorrow @8 am MT.

xxxooooo,
Martha!
16th May 2006 11:21 AM
Martha
quote:
charlotte wrote:
This was top shelf:

Davidson, North Carolina
Davidson College
Baker Sports Complex
John M. Belk Arena

May 2, 2006
1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
4. Positively 4th Street
5. 'Til I Fell In Love With You
6. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
7. Just Like A Woman
8. Highway 61 Revisited
9. I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
10. Cold Irons Bound
11. Every Grain Of Sand
12. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
13. Masters Of War
14. Summer Days

(encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone
16. All Along The Watchtower

Bob's singing was the best I have heard in years, since the 80's. The organ sound is terrific and the harp playing was also, much better than the keyboard sound used for the first couple years after dropping guitar.Quite playful and captivating to listen too. I found myself totally focused on Bob's musical sounds and his voice. Some of the best I have ever heard.

Great review! I had a similar experience, Charlotte.

I dig you!

peace out,
MM

"you ain't seen nothin' like me yet"
16th May 2006 11:26 AM
MrPleasant Come to México, Zimmy!!! There's a big crowd here who wants to romance in Durango with your naked pussy!!

(I come every morning too. With a big black dude. He's strong, ya know??)

HERE'S THE BIOGRAPHY FOR MALCOLM LOWRY: HE'S DEAD.
16th May 2006 11:28 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I like Herron. He's superb.

Bob placed him directly behind him now....and Donnie's eyes are constantly on Bob. It's almost funny watching him staring at Bob so wide-eyed at each show.

jb look up the word nuance....
16th May 2006 11:29 AM
Saint Sway I like that he's playing Masters Of War. Can't wait to see him again this summer.
16th May 2006 11:30 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

People were enraged and left ....Bon Jovi is also playing htis venue!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

when I seen Dylan last year in Schaumburg, IL...I hated it as well.
16th May 2006 11:30 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Have a GREAT show darlin'! Wish I could go with you. The Crowes know how to rock!

xxoo,
Martha
16th May 2006 11:43 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Martha wrote:

Have a GREAT show darlin'! Wish I could go with you. The Crowes know how to rock!

xxoo,
Martha

Indeed!! Have fun LazyB and get yer Rocks Off!

Crowes have been in Canada since the 3rd. Last night was their 9th show since. They've played 4 different Dylan song so far.... Girl From The North Country, Tough Mama and Most Likely You Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine. Shows have been clocking in at just over 2 hours. Enjoy!
16th May 2006 01:04 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Massey is one of the greatest venues around.Should be great Lazy...I saw Keith there from front row balcony with the Winos.Have an tremendous boot of that show too!
16th May 2006 05:23 PM
Saint Sway is there a LIVE dvd of The Rolling Thunder Tour???
17th May 2006 04:59 PM
Lazy Bones Great show! Neil's, Alabama, was incredible! They certainly know their Massey Hall history paying tribute to Toronto's kids - Neil and The Band - both of whom, have played Massey several times over the years...

Here's last night's set -

Cursed Diamond
Wiser Time
Hotel Illness
Lay It All On Me
Soul Singing
Welcome To The Goodtimes
Up On Cripple Creek (1st time played)(Rich lead vocal)
Downtown Money Waster
Jam -> Thorn In My Pride
Alabama (Marc lead vocal)
Descending
No Speak No Slave
Remedy
Twice As Hard
- encore -
Instant Karma!
17th May 2006 05:39 PM
Saint Sway sounds awesome! Glad you got a good show. Not too often that they do "Descending" - one of their greates songs IMO

I love the funky blooze shuffle they do live for Downtown Money Waster! Did they tease Midnight Rambler at all during the Thorn jam?

Ford's been also doing vocals on Neil's "L.A." - a pretty obscure tune.

I think you sorta called the Lennon cover.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
17th May 2006 05:48 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Did they tease Midnight Rambler at all during the Thorn jam?

Oh ya! All harp. Could've sweared it was coming.

Sway, if you hear of or see this show in circulation in the future, would you care to PM me?!
17th May 2006 06:16 PM
Saint Sway will do!

not sure why they tease Rambler like that. They get the train rumbling down the tracks then they slam on the breaks. Fack.
I've begged them to just play the whole fuckin song and melt everyones faces.
Oh well...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)