ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
© Retna Gracias Gypsy!!
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago Show Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 15th, 2005 12:02 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
The seating charts that are printed are at times decieving. That can highly affect thsoe A6, B6 views, and the same for the extrteem opposite sections.

In Chicago for Licks, I paid for wahts eemed good tickets, they were in the first 30 or so rows. However, they were so far lateral to center stage, it was nearly miserable. I enede up not close to tha action on the main stage and not close to the B stage. I would have been better off 10 rows further back and more to the middle.

That said, the seating chart for Soldier Field look a lot more narrow so that may not happen. My memorey for Soldier Field on VL tour, was that the floor (being a foot ball field) was long but did not allow for far lateral sections like in a basebal field.Actually, charts be damned, none of us really know with a starnge venue until we walk in just what we have bought.

Kahoo, you are RIGHT!
I was in Row 3 from the Main Stage and in what would be the right side of A2 at Soldier Field during Comiskey Licks.

NEVER AGAIN!!

Too close....tooo far right!

Shitty sound!

In Stadium shows the acoustics really SUCK unless you are within the primary sound field.
Any seats in the center 2 sections from the front to the B stage should have GREAT sound.....otherwise..ECHO CITY!!!!

Rooostah
May 15th, 2005 12:06 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Roost, I'm kinda banking on the hopes of a B-stage at Soldier Field...that's why I snatched the seats that I have! (Are you coming, too? I owe you a pizza!)

Alas Parmy,
No Windy City for the Roostah this Tour!
I'm 'jonesin' for a 'slider' hot off the grill!
I'll concentrate on the West Coast shows, LA, MGM and Phoenix!
Roostah
May 15th, 2005 02:59 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
they had a b-stage at Soldier Field in 1994???

apart from the PPV show in Miami, I dont think they had any mini stages on that tour?

Gaz...I'm about 99% sure of that. I may need to confer with tele's memory, as mine was a little tipsy that evening...but I know one thing for certain, it was never out into the center of the crowd, it was off to the right of the stage near the front.
May 15th, 2005 03:00 PM
parmeda
quote:
TomL wrote:
Sec 108 Row 6, lets party in Chicago.

...bring bond money. And lots of it!

I can't wait to meet you

May 15th, 2005 03:02 PM
parmeda
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Alas Parmy,
No Windy City for the Roostah this Tour!
I'm 'jonesin' for a 'slider' hot off the grill!
I'll concentrate on the West Coast shows, LA, MGM and Phoenix!
Roostah

SLIDERS! ...babe, if you want those hot off the grill, you gotta come here

It's still early in the game, I hope you can make it out this way.
May 15th, 2005 07:24 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Gaz...I'm about 99% sure of that. I may need to confer with tele's memory, as mine was a little tipsy that evening...but I know one thing for certain, it was never out into the center of the crowd, it was off to the right of the stage near the front.

No B stage during Voodoo except the trick stage in Miami.
Ask JB, yeah, sure!

Mmmmmmmmm......hot 'Bag O Sliders'.......Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

YOU are a temptress!!!!!!!!
May 16th, 2005 12:25 AM
parmeda
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
No B stage during Voodoo except the trick stage in Miami.
Ask JB, yeah, sure!

Mmmmmmmmm......hot 'Bag O Sliders'.......Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

YOU are a temptress!!!!!!!!

I could stand corrected on this, Roost...and now it's going to drive me nuts. I have to go back and dig through the albums and search for photos, but dammit, I could swear they had it.

I've been to too many shows...lol

Temptress? Ha!
You're jonesin' that bad for some Sliders?
I hope you have a cast-iron stomach
May 16th, 2005 01:15 AM
littleredrooster
quote:
parmeda wrote:

I could stand corrected on this, Roost...and now it's going to drive me nuts. I have to go back and dig through the albums and search for photos, but dammit, I could swear they had it.

I've been to too many shows...lol

Temptress? Ha!
You're jonesin' that bad for some Sliders?
I hope you have a cast-iron stomach

My avatar is from Voodoo Lounge Mick and Keith only left the Main stage during IORR, strolled the length of the stage for the first row PHOTO OP! and back to the Main.
I was ready and the rest is history.

sorry
Page: 1 2
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour