ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
© Retna Gracias Gypsy!!
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago Show Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 11th, 2005 10:43 AM
flexy633 Well, no luck for me with the AMEX pre-sale. Someone was kind of enough to let me try with their card, but I was being offered really crappy seats on Ticketmaster. Guess I'll wait for the fan club pre-sale tomorrow morning.
May 11th, 2005 10:46 AM
Martha AMERIQUEST PRESENTS
THE ROLLING STONES
ON STAGE
SOLDIER FIELD
RAIN/SHINE-NO CAMS/REC
SAT SEP 10 2005 6:30 PM

Reserved FIELD Seating
US $99.00 - US $450.00

400 Level Seating (4th Level Above Field)
US $99.00 - US $302.77

300 Level Seating (3rd Level Above Field)
US $60.00 - US $302.77

200 Level Seating (2nd Level Above Field)
US $99.00 - US $302.77

100 Level Seating (1st Level Above Field)
US $60.00 - US $302.77

These prices are a bit above 100 bucks aren't they? :-(
May 11th, 2005 11:01 AM
flexy633 Yeah, I was shocked when I saw the prices! The tickets that were popping up for me were about $160 a piece. Section 112, Section 133, D1, D5 - then I started getting Section 237 popping up and said 'forget it.' Don't know if tomorrow morning will be any better, but at least I don't have to pay the $100 to join the fan club if the seats are cruddy.
May 11th, 2005 11:17 AM
Martha Welcome to the board flexy!
May 11th, 2005 11:21 AM
flexy633 Thanks for the welcome! Just registered yesterday.
May 11th, 2005 01:45 PM
cooper anyone willing to share the code for chicago??
May 11th, 2005 04:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
cooper wrote:
anyone willing to share the code for chicago??

there is no code for chicago that can be used by multiple buyers

I also suspect that presales for New members will not be available until next week.
May 11th, 2005 05:11 PM
cooper so when do they go on sale to the public??
ticketmaster does not have it listed.
May 11th, 2005 05:16 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
cooper wrote:
so when do they go on sale to the public??
ticketmaster does not have it listed.

for soldier field...

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Sat, 05/21/05 12:00 PM
May 12th, 2005 10:44 AM
flexy633 I just scored a pair of tickets doing the 2nd pre-sale for new fan club members. But, I was offered much better seats than yesterday when I tried the American Express pre-sale. I got Section 141, row 10. I think these are half-way decent seats (I hope!).
May 12th, 2005 10:56 AM
Gazza I'm surprised to see people buying so many PAIRS of tickets for stadium shows instead of trying for four (although its easier to get closer buying 2 tix instead of 4)

You pay the $100 membership regardless of whether you buy 1,2,3 or 4 tickets. Its better to get 3 other people to club together if possible and then split the $100 four ways.
May 12th, 2005 10:58 AM
flexy633 Gazza:

There's no way I could charge 4 tickets to my boss's credit card. Plus, I don't know anyone else who wants to see the Stones and pay these prices. Anyway, I understand your point, but I only needed 2 tickets.
May 12th, 2005 10:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
flexy633 wrote:
I just scored a pair of tickets doing the 2nd pre-sale for new fan club members. But, I was offered much better seats than yesterday when I tried the American Express pre-sale. I got Section 141, row 10. I think these are half-way decent seats (I hope!).

they look pretty good, flexy....

May 12th, 2005 10:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
flexy633 wrote:
Gazza:

There's no way I could charge 4 tickets to my boss's credit card. Plus, I don't know anyone else who wants to see the Stones and pay these prices. Anyway, I understand your point, but I only needed 2 tickets.

sure. I can understand the problem with the boss! I was just generalising though!
May 12th, 2005 11:35 AM
Mr Jimmy I'm hoping that someone can explain the rather odd results I got when searching for Chicago tickets yesterday as part of the fan club pre sale. I don't want tickets to Chicago, I was 'practising' my strategy for when other shows come up for pre sale.

1) I asked for field seating for $99 and I was offered:
section A6 row 10 seats 8 & 9

2) I then asked for field seating for $160 and I was offered:
section B6 row 5 seats 8 & 9

B6 is another section further from the stage but the price is over 50% higher. Doesn't make sense.

3) I then asked AGAIN for field seating for $99 to see if the 'better' seats were still available and they were:
section A6 row 10 seats 5 & 6

Am I missing something? Does anyone have any opinion on this? I ask because I don't think I'll bother asking for $160 field seats when I actually buy tickets IF I'll get better tickets for $99. I don't want to waste valuable time comparing the two when I'm in ticket-buying-panic-mode..

Thoughts anyone?

May 12th, 2005 11:40 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

surprised noone is buying four tix - everyone is getting pairs
(paraphrase)

once you are married, it is a package deal - i get pairs of tix to everything now...

and she has already told me that there is no way i am going to europe next year for this without her...
[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 12th, 2005 11:42 AM
littleredrooster Interesting result!
You'd be directly in front of the LEFT Speakers in A6 R 10, maybe the sound won't be as good!
Same for B6 though
May 12th, 2005 11:51 AM
flexy633 When I did my search, I just did "Best Available." I don't get why when you do searches for certain priced seats, you sometimes get better results. Best Available should be BEST available. It pisses me off how that system works. Damn it, I wouldn't care about the sound - if I could be in A6 a few rows back for $100 a piece, wow! And why is my section 141 $160 when A6 is only $100????
May 12th, 2005 11:59 AM
Gazza I had a seat in Block C on the floor at Wembley on the last tour which cost the top price - £150.

When we took our seats, it turned out we were in the last row of that block. The people in D1 in the seats directly behind me (with no gap whatsoever between the rows other than minimal leg room) had paid £85 for their tickets.

A lot of the time you end up getting better seats second or third time around because some people have

a) been offered those better seats when in the TM system at the same time as you and have declined them or
b) someone's credit card has been rejected and the seats have become available

I still am baffled though how some 'worse' seats seem to cost more!
May 12th, 2005 12:03 PM
flexy633 If you look at the map of Soldier Field, these A6 and A1 sections may not be that great compared to my Section 141. Yeah, they're on the field and relatively close, but maybe there are obstructions or something. Perhaps that's why A6 and A1 were being sold for $99 and mine were $160. I guess they consider those better seats.

Then you have Section B5, Row 28 that was going for $450.
May 12th, 2005 12:14 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I had a seat in Block C on the floor at Wembley on the last tour which cost the top price - £150.

When we took our seats, it turned out we were in the last row of that block. The people in D1 in the seats directly behind me (with no gap whatsoever between the rows other than minimal leg room) had paid £85 for their tickets.

that is the nature of the beast, but they should be split by an aisle at least, it should nt just be the seats behind you where the prices change...

quote:
I still am baffled though how some 'worse' seats seem to cost more!

i am also perplexed at the difficulty/animosity about the whole process...

it is about as open as it gets. it would have been nice if we had a heads-up about the amex angle, so non cardmembers could get a card. but the fanclub is open to all, and they offer a refund if you dont get your stuff. and you can re-up if you are like daddy warbucks...

the way i understand it the $450 seats are the hot seats; only diff is the lanyard - maybe it will get you into a back room with apps and wine. after that the $160 seats kick in. so those are the next row behind. i have had good luck with the amex as far as location, but maybe the dead center seats are for fanclub. i suspect once they are assigned once, and dropped (for reasons cited above, and other snafus), they go into the price pool...

maybe the $90 seats are in the first level on the sides, but closer to the stage than some $160 seats on the field, and that is why it appears some cheap seats are better than the more expensive ones...

again, i believe that the $450 seats are all from the same pool, hot seat or not. hot seats just get the extra bells and whistles. i do not see how the math works out any other way...

it could have been explained better by the powers that be, but the ticket buyers have to read the fine print a little bit closer.

let's just hope things go as smoothly for the gigs that have yet to be announced...
May 13th, 2005 08:30 AM
gimmekeef Try today..use 8003272177 in the Amex presale.You m,ust have an Amex Gold or Platinum card.
May 13th, 2005 08:31 AM
gimmekeef Sorry.got cut off..I tried this am and floor seats in C5 are available for Soldier.The 800 number is the Amex Gold customer service number.That is the code for all Amex preasles.....Good luck
May 13th, 2005 12:26 PM
cooper I hate to say it, from a guy who has been lucky to see the sones 12 times I tried to get chicago tix...but there are now too many hoops to jump. I am not paying $100 for the right to buy a ticket....and I am not a American express holder. I did try to get one but I would have had to wait for the card to show up and so on.....why has buying tickets to a concert become such a hard thing to do now?

When the chicago tickets went on sale I had $800 for tickets any tickets and I needed 4. No one would take my money, so instead of seeing Miss You, Brown Sugar and the same songs beat to death, I doubt I will see them on this tour. I even called my frined who got me to meet the stones on No Security and ask if I could buy some through him...and I was told no.

From what I can tell Chicago is sold out...and the public didnt even get a shot, thats cool!
May 13th, 2005 02:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
cooper wrote:
I hate to say it, from a guy who has been lucky to see the sones 12 times I tried to get chicago tix...but there are now too many hoops to jump. I am not paying $100 for the right to buy a ticket....and I am not a American express holder. I did try to get one but I would have had to wait for the card to show up and so on.....why has buying tickets to a concert become such a hard thing to do now?

When the chicago tickets went on sale I had $800 for tickets any tickets and I needed 4. No one would take my money, so instead of seeing Miss You, Brown Sugar and the same songs beat to death, I doubt I will see them on this tour. I even called my frined who got me to meet the stones on No Security and ask if I could buy some through him...and I was told no.

From what I can tell Chicago is sold out...and the public didnt even get a shot, thats cool!

Please realize that there are only a certain amount of tickets alloted for the pre sales. Please hold the ranting until you see the results of the public sale next weekend. It completely baffles me why people are complaining about a public on sale that hasnt even taken place. If anyone does not feel like going through the "hoops" to access presale tics, then dont do it!

I am disgusted!
May 14th, 2005 06:14 PM
littleredrooster If you look at the Soldier Field seat map the layout looks like a 'T' for the runway from the main stage and this could indicate plans for a 'B'stage AND 'C' stage at some stadium venues!
Wadaya think???
May 14th, 2005 07:52 PM
kahoosier The seating charts that are printed are at times decieving. That can highly affect thsoe A6, B6 views, and the same for the extrteme opposite sections.

In Chicago for Licks, I paid for what seemed good tickets, they were in the first 30 or so rows. However, they were so far lateral to center stage, it was nearly miserable. I eneded up not close to the action on the main stage and not close to the B stage. I would have been better off 10 rows further back and more to the middle.

That said, the seating chart for Soldier's Field looks a lot more narrow so that may not happen. My memorey for Soldier Field on VL tour, was that the floor (being a foot ball field) was long but did not allow for far lateral sections like in a basebal field.Actually, charts be damned, none of us really know with a strange venue until we walk in just what we have bought.
[Edited by kahoosier]
May 14th, 2005 11:47 PM
parmeda
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
If you look at the Soldier Field seat map the layout looks like a 'T' for the runway from the main stage and this could indicate plans for a 'B'stage AND 'C' stage at some stadium venues!
Wadaya think???

Roost, I'm kinda banking on the hopes of a B-stage at Soldier Field...that's why I snatched the seats that I have! (Are you coming, too? I owe you a pizza!)

kahoosier, for the Licks tour, they played at Comiskey...and I think the layout was deceiving. It goes to show that these charts aren't always correct.

And if my memory agrees with me, lol...the B-stage for VL at Soldier Field was up near the right side of the stage and not out into the crowd like it was for B2B & Licks.

I suppose we'll find out once we step inside, no?
May 15th, 2005 09:27 AM
Gazza they had a b-stage at Soldier Field in 1994???

apart from the PPV show in Miami, I dont think they had any mini stages on that tour?
May 15th, 2005 10:24 AM
TomL Sec 108 Row 6, lets party in Chicago.
Page: 1 2
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour