ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
© Retna Gracias Gypsy!!
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any News on Australian Shows? :-( Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 10th, 2005 09:28 PM
exile Any News on Australian Shows? :-(

If they are going to Japan, you would think so.
but they didnt come Steel Wheels and B2B

May 10th, 2005 09:38 PM
Soldatti They will be there, I'm sure.

[Edited by Soldatti]
May 10th, 2005 09:38 PM
HomerJRichards Exile, there was no mention of Australia or Asia during the PC. I would expect we will hear info about that within the next couple of weeks though.
May 10th, 2005 10:15 PM
corgi37 I reckon it will be much later on. Maybe towards Oct-Nov before confirmation. If they tour Japan, it might help, but they did in 89 and still didnt come here.

I am doubtful, but hope always lives in my heart.
May 10th, 2005 10:15 PM
Daethgod ive got me legs, fingers and eyes crossed that the boys hit Oz

im hoping 3 shows at Rod Laver, so i can save some $$ and spend at least 1 show on da stage !!!!!!!!!

May 10th, 2005 10:16 PM
exile I Hope I hope I Hope......I hope

May 10th, 2005 10:27 PM
corgi37 Dunno, Daeth. If they do this seats on stage thing here, i am thinking it would have to be a stadium set-up. Probably Telstra. Depends on the set up, i guess.

But i'm with you, gotta see at least 1 show on-stage and one in the audience.

Now, see what i mean? See what i said in a prior thread? We got no news at all about U2 press conference - nothing! Yet, all channels carried the Stones conference this morning, and no doubt tonight.

May 10th, 2005 11:10 PM
Daethgod cos we are fans of THE GREATSEST ROCK N ROLL band on the planet !!

U - who ?

May 11th, 2005 02:32 AM
corgi37 You got that right, mate.

If its at Rod Laver, i'll meet you at the Depot for a pot!
May 11th, 2005 03:34 AM
HomerJRichards Channel 9 news is going to do something on the press conference, so i expect all the others will mention it too.

I'll be happy if there is a bit of wait before tickets go on sale (that's if they come to Australia) coz my finances aren't too crash hot at the moment.
May 11th, 2005 04:17 AM
exile
quote:
HomerJRichards wrote:
I'll be happy if there is a bit of wait before tickets go on sale (that's if they come to Australia) coz my finances aren't too crash hot at the moment.

Ditto here
May 11th, 2005 05:49 AM
Daethgod can anyone remember when Oz Licks shows went on sale ?
May 11th, 2005 06:26 AM
exile I think it was in late november or december and we only had to wait 2 or 3 months till our shows

i could be wrong though
May 11th, 2005 08:54 AM
HomerJRichards Yeah i think it was only a couple of months difference from when the tix went on sale - unlike the bloody Voodoo Lounge Tour. I think the tix for the aussie shows on VL tour went on sale nearly a year before - well it seemed like i had waited that long by the time the of the concert at Perry Lakes.
May 11th, 2005 08:29 PM
Daethgod Paul Dainty, Stones OZ promoter was quoted in todays paper saying that no Oz plans yet ....

: (

May 11th, 2005 08:51 PM
Daethgod from :
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15258194%255E2902,00.html
Stones turn it over
Jacqueline Freegard
12may05

ROLLING Stones fans can't get no satisfaction: the band is yet to confirm if it will tour here this year.

The legendary British rockers announced a global tour yesterday, starting in August with a series of concerts in the US.

Rolling Stones' Australian promoter, Paul Dainty, did not know if the band would come Down Under.

"I don't think they will decide on which international cities they will do until later in the year," he said. "Obviously we want them to do Australia, but we just don't know.

"The Far East could exclude Australia . . . they might decide they've done Australia last time and give it a miss," he said. "That is a possibility, but it's way too early to say."

The ageing rockers will begin the year-long tour in Boston on August 21. Concerts are planned in Canada, South America, and Japan and elsewhere in Asia, ending in Europe.

Mick Jagger yesterday denied rumours the tour would be the band's last.

Fans will also hear excerpts from their new album, which has yet to be completed or named.

"We're 85 per cent done," Jagger said.

with AFP
May 11th, 2005 09:36 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Daethgod wrote:

Rolling Stones' Australian promoter, Paul Dainty, did not know if the band would come Down Under.

this speaks volumes to me saying they will not come...if anyone knows anything it will be dainty and, IMO, if they were coming preliminary moves would already be on foot e.g. venue hire and dainty would know - although it is still a year away if they were to come (given the already rumoured dates in other countries may '06 is the only real opportunity they will have to get here)

on the other hand he may be bull-shitting but somehow i don't think so

re licks and voodoo lounge - for the licks tour tickets went on sale december 2002 - i remember i got my enmore ticks on dec 5th (day before altamont anniversary)- the shows were in feb.

with VL - a long time ago now - but from memory tickets went on sale November '94 with the shows in late march early april '95

my own feeling is - as far as the southern hemisphere is concerned - south america gets the nod this time around which from an economical point of view , at least, makes much more sense

there just aren't enough fans here to warrant a return so soon after the last go round - sure we die hard/hard core types would be there with bells on - but your casual fans (who would make up the bulk of the market) just wouldn't be prepared to shell out again so soon

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
May 11th, 2005 10:05 PM
Madafaka Just wait and cross your fingers...
May 11th, 2005 10:46 PM
corgi37 Yeah, i'm pretty disheartened. Realistically, the only tour time they would do is Feb/March.

Football starts mid-Feb, so many stadiums would be unavailable. I think the best option to guarantee a tour is for a stadium tour. Higher costs, but they can charge higher ticket prices too for the extravaganza, and those stage seats. I really do feel they would stuggle to do much business with a "no frills" tour like LICKS in arenas.

We havent had a big stadium tour here for ages. Shit, i think Robbie WIlliams was the last one, so there is definately room for that style of bells and whistles tour to get people out of their lounge rooms and spending some cash.

Plus a stadium tour, covering only the 3 main cities on the east coast, could mean they are in and out of Oz in a week. I think they would be very lucky to do 2 stadium shows per city. With, say, a crowd figure of around 35,000 (Telstra Dome) or 70,000+ at the still not completed MCG.

Of course, we'll never know for sure until around Oct-Nov.

Touring Sth America probably kills us off. Though, VL did both. Another main chance is if they get to play China.

But, i am very doubtful. And, no doubt, will become very bitter as time goes by.
May 11th, 2005 11:09 PM
Daethgod use the force corgi !

come they will...

3 shows in Melb we see we shall ...

me and you standing on stage with band it will be ...

May 12th, 2005 07:12 AM
exile
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

there just aren't enough fans here to warrant a return so soon after the last go round - sure we die hard/hard core types would be there with bells on - but your casual fans (who would make up the bulk of the market) just wouldn't be prepared to shell out again so soon

I know what you mean, lets hope they come out anyway.
May 12th, 2005 10:42 AM
HomerJRichards Guys let's not lose hope yet. Today I sent an email Dainty Consolidated Entertainment re the new tour. I recommend we encourage as many people as possible to email DCE demanding they pull their finger out & do more to try to get the Stones downunder.

There is even a tour wishlist section on the DCE homepage.

There's no harm in trying.

If you want to email them, their address is [email protected]

Their website is http://www.dcegroup.com/index.shtml
May 12th, 2005 07:28 PM
Daethgod Hey Homer
i emailed them yesterday and got this lame response :

Please visit http://www.rollingstones.com/home.php for all the latest new on the Rolling Stones.

----------------------------

i also phoned and the lady on the fone knew nothing
May 12th, 2005 07:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
Daethgod wrote:

i also phoned and the lady on the fone knew nothing

what - you mean about the tour or about life in general?
May 12th, 2005 07:36 PM
Daethgod both !!!

: P
May 12th, 2005 10:09 PM
HomerJRichards yep i got my lame response this morning. doh.
May 13th, 2005 07:04 AM
exile we should all email JANE ROSE MANAGEMENT and ask the Stones to come to Australia

May 13th, 2005 07:06 AM
Daethgod whats the email exile ?
i googled JANE ROSE MANAGEMENT and got nothing

May 13th, 2005 06:57 PM
exile I dont know...maybe someone knows and can PM us
May 14th, 2005 10:10 AM
corgi37 Why Jane Rose? Has she fucked an Aussie or something? Is she gonna MAKE Keith demand they tour here?

Something tells me they just wont make it. Too far, too much costs, limited returns (Dainty would probably take a bath on this!) and they are too rich to drink beer anymore.

Though, maybe, we could send them some Grange Hermitage.
Page: 1 2
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour