ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Tony Blair Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th May 2007 03:55 AM
MrPleasant Goodbye, Mr. Blair. Go listen to your boyhood records or do something more useful with your time. Whatever.

Thank you.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/05/10/news/politics/14_13_305_9_07.txt

Unusual moments in an unusual prime minister's career

--Boyhood idol of Tony Blair's long-haired days: Mick Jagger.

--Ugly Rumours: the rock band in which Blair sang and played guitar while at Oxford University.

--Toughest parenting moment: His oldest son Euan's arrest after he threw up in Leicester Square following a drinking binge celebrating the end of school exams in 2000.

--Proudest parenting moment: Blair's wife, Cherie, gives birth on May 20, 2000 to Leo -- the first baby born to a serving prime ministerial couple since the mid-19th century.

--Primal minister: On vacation in Mexico, Blair and Cherie joined in a Mayan rebirth ceremony at Temazcal, a steam bath in a brick pyramid in August 2001. Wearing swimsuits, they reportedly smeared each other with melon, papaya and mud before letting out primal screams.

--Celebrity vacation spots: Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb's Miami Beach mansion; Singer Cliff Richard's Barbados villa; Former Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi's 73-room Sardinian estate; French tycoon Alain Dominique Perrin's 15th-century chateau in southwest France, 2002.

--Her trainer: Carole Caplin, Cherie Blair's "lifestyle guru," had her No. 10 Downing St. pass removed in November 2003 following complaints that the former topless model had unrestricted access to the prime minister's official residence.

--- Associated Press

("Unusual"? I've never read such boring things about anyone.)

[Edited by MrPleasant]
13th May 2007 06:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man A Tony Blair Apreciation thread?? You have to be kidding???

Gordon Brown can drop dead too imo.
13th May 2007 06:49 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
A Tony Blair Apreciation thread?? You have to be kidding???

Gordon Brown can drop dead too imo.

Ditto
13th May 2007 11:18 AM
Stray Cat UK I don't know a single person who was against the action in Iraq in 2003,but plenty who now claim to have been life long pacifists.

Unfortunately for TB,he can't and won't try to hide from his decision to go to war.

It's not his fault that these idiots (insurgents) are causing mayhem on a daily basis.

On his record at home ...The Tory media have spent years destroying him.

Could have done better ?....yes for sure.

I still can't look at a picture of that evil destroyer of society,THATCHER , without spitting!

I've got to stop this now,or I'll get really upset.

I voted for him and don't regret it.Not so sure about Gordon Brown.

sc uk
13th May 2007 11:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man I find Blair to be quite a pathetic character. Gordon Brown is Scotish and for that reason shouldn't be making decisions regarding England which doesn't affect Scotland.

I'm not in the Cameron camp yet though. Everything with him seems to be staged. The riding a bike to work, yet hving a car driving behind with his breifcase and suit etc is a sign of what could come with him as PM. The whole fiasco of him staying with a middle class well to do asian family in Birmingham is another example. It was supposed to be an excercise in understanding how the poorer communities in the midlands cope. Enough said.
13th May 2007 11:54 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I find Blair to be quite a pathetic character. Gordon Brown is Scotish and for that reason shouldn't be making decisions regarding England which doesn't affect Scotland.

Re-think that. Or think through it to begin with.
13th May 2007 12:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Re-think that. Or think through it to begin with.

Oh no. That really wasn't meant as an anti-scotish, its just that many feel that having a Scotsman making decisions that affect us, but NOT his own nation is wrong.

I understand that Scotland has it's own Parliment and in my view, every decision regarding their nation should be made through them.

Do you see my point there?
13th May 2007 12:52 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Oh no. That really wasn't meant as an anti-scotish, its just that many feel that having a Scotsman making decisions that affect us, but NOT his own nation is wrong.

I understand that Scotland has it's own Parliment and in my view, every decision regarding their nation should be made through them.

Do you see my point there?

No, you lost me at "his own nation".
13th May 2007 01:00 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

No, you lost me at "his own nation".

I didn't mean to offend. I am sorry. just feel that Scotland should be left to make their own decision as we have a Government that controls both, yet seemingly gives Scotland a better deal. If we are going to be united, it is my feeling that we should be treated the same and with Brown in charge, I don't think that will happen.

Alex
13th May 2007 01:03 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I didn't mean to offend. I am sorry. just feel that Scotland should be left to make their own decision as we have a Government that controls both, yet seemingly gives Scotland a better deal. If we are going to be united, it is my feeling that we should be treated the same and with Brown in charge, I don't think that will happen.

Alex

You didn't offend, my friend. I just don't get it. De nada....
13th May 2007 01:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

You didn't offend, my friend. I just don't get it. De nada....

Okay mate! I don't usually get involved in political threads, but its so rare to see one about our Government and not yours!
13th May 2007 03:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Okay mate! I don't usually get involved in political threads, but its so rare to see one about our Government and not yours!

Most Americans think the rest of the world thinks about us as much as we think about ourselves...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
[Edited by pdog]
13th May 2007 04:57 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
pdog wrote:

Most Americans think the rest of the world thinks about us as much as we think about ourselves...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
[Edited by pdog]

With a president like yours, it's hard not too!
13th May 2007 05:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:

Unfortunately for TB,he can't and won't try to hide from his decision to go to war.

It's not his fault that these idiots (insurgents) are causing mayhem on a daily basis.

Tony Blair was / is the Greatest Politician EVER known to mankind . His departure is disconcerting and to say the least -- disheartening .

If the Iraqi Quagmire ( the most horrific foreign policy blunder of ALL FRIGGIN TIME ) can bring down the PRODIGIOUS TB , imagine what the United States is going to do to Bushie43 and company -- JAIL !!!!!

Word --- to all of your Great Great Great GrandPappys !

Joey " Spiro " Agnew !
13th May 2007 05:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:
If the Iraqi Quagmire ( the most horrific foreign policy blunder of ALL FRIGGIN TIME ) can bring down the PRODIGIOUS TB ,

er..it didnt. This arrangement has been on the cards long before that.
13th May 2007 05:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

er..it didnt. This arrangement has been on the cards long before that.

Gazza .............................

I thought Blair was unpopular BECAUSE of the Iraqi Quagmire --- thus his ' arrangement ' to leave without breaking Thatcher's twelve year record as PM .

Developing ..........................

Shiver .....................

Joey ' Milhouse ' Nixon !
13th May 2007 05:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gazza .............................

I thought Blair was unpopular BECAUSE of the Iraqi Quagmire --- thus his ' arrangement ' to leave without breaking Thatcher's twelve year record as PM .

well, it hasnt helped his popularity - but his 'arrangement' with Gordon Brown apparently goes back several years. It was first publicly mentioned in 2004 that he would seek a third term in office but that he would step down during it, however the intention was there before that and certainly before the invasion of Iraq.

The announcement came in the same week that he celebrated 10 years in office and a couple of days after the Northern Ireland devolution issue was finally done and dusted, so that timing was hardly coincidental.

[Edited by Gazza]
13th May 2007 06:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

13th May 2007 06:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

W- W- What ?!

13th May 2007 06:31 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

well, it hasnt helped his popularity - but his 'arrangement' with Gordon Brown apparently goes back several years. It was first publicly mentioned in 2004 that he would seek a third term in office but that he would step down during it, however the intention was there before that and certainly before the invasion of Iraq.

The announcement came in the same week that he celebrated 10 years in office and a couple of days after the Northern Ireland devolution issue was finally done and dusted, so that timing was hardly coincidental.

[Edited by Gazza]

Tony Blair WILL be missed !

13th May 2007 07:17 PM
open-g when is the tony blair witch project going to hit the flix?
13th May 2007 08:13 PM
BONOISLOVE

I can feel 'em tears jerking up already.
13th May 2007 08:19 PM
lotsajizz Blair was disastrous for England on the immigration issue....and the European Union is a failure in the making as well......
14th May 2007 08:13 AM
oldkr i will miss blair, he reminded me of a yorkshire terrier

OLDKR
14th May 2007 08:41 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Joey wrote:

Tony Blair was / is the Greatest Politician EVER known to mankind .

14th May 2007 10:58 AM
Joey

I already miss Tony Blair ....

Why ?!

WHY ?!
14th May 2007 11:02 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Joey wrote:

I already miss Tony Blair ....

Why ?!

WHY ?!

He doesn't

[Edited by EELPIE]
14th May 2007 11:43 AM
glencar We'll all miss Tony Blair, Joey. He was a great leader & did much to lift Old Blighty up from the Major doldrums. This Gordie Brown fella seems a'ight!
14th May 2007 11:55 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
We'll all miss Tony Blair, Joey. He was a great leader & did much to lift Old Blighty up from the Major doldrums. This Gordie Brown fella seems a'ight!

Amen Blue ........................

Plus , Tony Blair LOVED The Rolling Stones
14th May 2007 12:06 PM
Starbuck still...you have to admit...in many respects tony was a lapdog to the both US administrations he served with. or is it me??

joey, besides his good looks, i can't figure out why you're so attracted to blair.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)