ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Hippies Were Right (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th May 2007 07:46 PM
Brainbell Jangler http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2007/05/02/notes050207.DTL&nl=fix
8th May 2007 08:08 PM
Brainbell Jangler This perspective should sound familiar here:

"But if you're really bitter and shortsighted, you could say the entire hippie movement overall was just incredibly overrated, gets far too much cultural credit for far too little actual impact, was pretty much a giant excuse to slack off and enjoy dirty lazy responsibility-free sex romps and do a ton of drugs and avoid Vietnam and not bathe for a month and name your child Sunflower or Shiva Moon or Chakra Lennon Sapphire Bumblebee. This is what's called the reactionary simpleton's view. It blithely ignores history, perspective, the evolution of culture as a whole. You know, just like America."

Or to put it in bitter-shortsighted-reactionary-simpleton-speak:
Hippies suck!
8th May 2007 08:36 PM
Riffhard "This is what's called the reactionary simpleton's view. It blithely ignores history, perspective, the evolution of culture as a whole. You know, just like America."

This last line is exactly why I have since shorn my locks and have gladly rejected hippiedom forever. Mind you I did smoke a joint with Wavy Gravy back in the day,and I did tour with the Dead in the early 80's-Jerry's death in 95. I saw the Grateful Dead well over 100 times,so I truly have been there done that. However,that line is just so fucking typical of the way people from that side of the tracks look at America. The USA sucks. Always has. Always will. Gee,and the leftards get so gawtdamned uppity when conservatives refer to them as the "Blame America First Crowd." Well BJ you have just posted exhibit A. They do. They always have. They always will.

Humans do not cause global warming!!

Cow farts do!

Riffy
8th May 2007 08:40 PM
mojoman Red and white, blue suede shoes, i'm uncle sam, how do you do?
Gimme five, i'm still alive, ain't no luck, i learned to duck.
Check my pulse, it don't change. stay seventy-two come shine or rain.
Wave the flag, pop the bag, rock the boat, skin the goat.
Wave that flag, wave it wide and high.
Summertime done, come and gone, my, oh, my.

I'm uncle sam, that's who i am; been hidin' out in a rock and roll band.
Shake the hand that shook the hand of p.t. barnum and charlie chan.
Shine your shoes, light your fuse. can you use them ol' u.s. blues?
I'll drink your health, share your wealth, run your life, steal your wife.

Back to back chicken shack. son of a gun, better change your act.
We're all confused, what's to lose?
8th May 2007 08:54 PM
pdog what about the punks?
8th May 2007 10:52 PM
corgi37 Americans were never punk.
9th May 2007 12:12 AM
pdog
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Americans were never punk.

The Stooges, Dolls and Ramones are the basis of every single band that even remotely or full on, were inspired by "punk".
9th May 2007 12:18 AM
BONOISLOVE I'm a YIPPIE!
9th May 2007 12:22 AM
pdog
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
I'm a YIPPIE!

Beat On The Brat is the weakest song on We're A Happy Family...
Metallicas song sucks too!
9th May 2007 02:00 AM
glencar Even the smarter hippies realized it was a no-go proposition to remain static. The movement died 40 years ago & some morons still lament it? Grow the fuck up BJ!
9th May 2007 02:27 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Even the smarter hippies realized it was a no-go proposition to remain static. The movement died 40 years ago & some morons still lament it? Grow the fuck up BJ!

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?
9th May 2007 03:48 AM
pdog
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

You can get famous on the internet doing it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
10th May 2007 12:34 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Even the smarter hippies realized it was a no-go proposition to remain static. The movement died 40 years ago & some morons still lament it? Grow the fuck up BJ!

Lament? Did we read the same article? What I read was not lamentation but triumph: We were right all along. This was not an elegy for tie-dyed bus-dwellers, but an inventory of the many ways in which hippie values are now mainstream. Did you actually read the article?
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
10th May 2007 01:54 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
pdog wrote:
what about the punks?

up the punks.

or punx rather.
10th May 2007 02:24 AM
Brainbell Jangler

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
10th May 2007 02:31 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:34 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:36 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:37 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:39 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:40 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:42 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:44 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:45 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:47 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 02:49 AM
Brainbell Jangler
10th May 2007 04:07 AM
pdog
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:

up the punks.

or punx rather.

10th May 2007 05:07 AM
stewed & Keefed
10th May 2007 05:11 AM
stewed & Keefed
10th May 2007 08:04 AM
Olompali
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
However,that line is just so fucking typical of the way people from that side of the tracks look at America. The USA sucks. Always has. Always will. Gee,and the leftards get so gawtdamned uppity when conservatives refer to them as the "Blame America First Crowd." Well BJ you have just posted exhibit A. They do. They always have. They always will

Better to inspect the bridge for cracks and faults than to blindly believe it never needs repair.
Unfortunately too many Americans believe there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the USA way and don't you dare think or speak it. "The Keep Shopping Crowd."
That Reaganesque "optimism" will lead the country to a blind and decadent decay.
Nero fiddled.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)