ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Hippies Were Right (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th May 2007 09:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Olompali wrote:

Better to inspect the bridge for cracks and faults than to blindly believe it never needs repair.
Unfortunately too many Americans believe there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the USA way and don't you dare think or speak it. "The Keep Shopping Crowd."
That Reaganesque "optimism" will lead the country to a blind and decadent decay.
Nero fiddled.

"....a republic, if you can keep it." Ben Franklin

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
Thomas Jefferson

"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper."
Thomas Jefferson

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"The executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question, whether there is or is not cause for declaring war."
James Madison

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison

"The loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or imagined, from abroad."
James Madison

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
10th May 2007 09:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:

up the punks.

or punx rather.

10th May 2007 09:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels ELECTRIC KOOL-AID ACID MAP

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
10th May 2007 10:06 AM
tumbled
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Hey flashback, I've seen that tree before!!

I for one are with you BBJ don't let the shrunken heads get u down.
10th May 2007 10:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
tumbled wrote:
I for one are with you BBJ don't let the shrunken heads get u down.

10th May 2007 10:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
10th May 2007 10:36 AM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Lament? Did we read the same article? What I read was not lamentation but triumph: We were right all along. This was not an elegy for tie-dyed bus-dwellers, but an inventory of the many ways in which hippie values are now mainstream. Did you actually read the article?
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]

I read the paragraph you actually posted on this thread. You can convince yourself that hippies are right/are thriving but let's be honest: no one likes these people & many people will move away when they see hippies approaching. Hairy underarms are quite unappealing on women.
10th May 2007 10:43 AM
lotsajizz French girls are like that too....
10th May 2007 10:51 AM
glencar Yes but there it's a cultural thing. Remember, we now like the French. They are a brave people.
10th May 2007 10:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
French girls are like that too....

10th May 2007 11:56 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
I read the paragraph you actually posted on this thread. You can convince yourself that hippies are right/are thriving but let's be honest: no one likes these people & many people will move away when they see hippies approaching. Hairy underarms are quite unappealing on women.

You ought to read the whole article. It's not too long.
10th May 2007 12:07 PM
glencar Later for that.
10th May 2007 01:40 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:

No hair on the spot Moses parted the red seas too....
10th May 2007 04:52 PM
open-g
10th May 2007 04:56 PM
lotsajizz That's Boston Common...where weirdos wearing Spankee caps don't last too long....
10th May 2007 05:06 PM
open-g Not to mention the t-shirt
10th May 2007 05:20 PM
Saint Sway whats with all the hippy fear/hate??

are we against having a good time?

ooooh nooooooo hippies.... quick lock up the kids, board up the windows and pray to your Rush Limbaugh bobble head

10th May 2007 05:29 PM
lotsajizz conservatives are...
10th May 2007 05:45 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
conservatives are...

......... buried forever under the wreckage known as the Iraqi Quagmire .

HI JIZZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'kins
10th May 2007 10:30 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
open-g wrote:

Like you got a shot.
11th May 2007 01:31 AM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
whats with all the hippy fear/hate??

are we against having a good time?

ooooh nooooooo hippies.... quick lock up the kids, board up the windows and pray to your Rush Limbaugh bobble head

I just like making fun of hippies... It's usually the Berkeley Birkenstok Goddess Praying type that annoy me, the rest are cool, as long as they bathe reguarly.
11th May 2007 01:33 AM
pdog
quote:
open-g wrote:

The lady in the green jacket wants him...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)