ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 10 years and 3days ago...... Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 6th, 2004 11:05 AM
marko Voodoo Lounge Tour was announced,may 3rd 1994 from Kennedys
Yacht.They also announced,new album,would come out in july.

To me,personally,this was the last real tour,i felt more
electricity in the air,what i felt in 1997,1998 or 1999,
licks was close with the plimp,but show was better in 1994.
Its the best stadium tour ever done.

And Sir Stonesalot with mr.monkey got one of the best opening shows EVER,it was hot loud and wild,27songs,and my
mates b-day!you lucky bastards.......
May 6th, 2004 11:06 AM
jb Thanks marko!
May 6th, 2004 11:24 AM
Joey

Marko...........................................

You are much loved by the Jacky !
May 6th, 2004 11:37 AM
jb Marko has returned!!!
May 6th, 2004 12:17 PM
Joey

My BABY MARKO lives.................................

Bartender , a bottle of Remy Martin and Fresh Horses for the men ....................Oh , and an order of French Fries please .

Jiggly !
May 6th, 2004 12:33 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

My BABY MARKO lives.................................

Bartender , a bottle of Remy Martin and Fresh Horses for the men ....................Oh , and an order of French Fries please .

Jiggly !

Marko, is it spring time in Finland? Are flowers blooming all around? Are you in love? You have been noticeably absent since SDH made the transition.
May 6th, 2004 02:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot That was one of the greatest nights of my life...Aug. 1st 1994.

Many folks still think that I hallucinated the Goathead Man on Stilts chasing Lisa Fischer around the stage during Monkey Man. And quite honestly, with the amount of chemicals in my system at the time...I could have hallucinated it.

But if I did, then it was a mass hallucination, probably induced by the pre-show Voodoo Drummers, because I've talked to several other people who were at that show...and they recall the same thing.
May 6th, 2004 02:49 PM
jb Great thread marko.
May 6th, 2004 02:51 PM
Joey " You have been noticeably absent since SDH made the transition. "

My Heart Broke the day Baby Steelie made the transition .....................and yours ?!?!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACKY !

JACKY !

May 6th, 2004 02:53 PM
jb http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/elections/article.adp?id=20040506071009990024
May 6th, 2004 02:58 PM
Joey

http://www.homunculus.com/eikona/brown.html
May 6th, 2004 03:08 PM
jb Babs is going to sing for Kerry..Neil Diamond as well...!!!!
May 6th, 2004 03:11 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Babs is going to sing for Kerry..Neil Diamond as well...!!!!

When BarBra sang for Clinton in 1993/4 it sent shivers down me spine .

I also liked how Marvin Hamlish conducted the Orchestra for her tour in 1994....................Whatever happened to him by the way ?!?!?!

Developing .......

Shiver...........

J. Streisand !
May 6th, 2004 03:12 PM
jb Didn't he go through a nasty divorce?
May 6th, 2004 03:19 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Didn't he go through a nasty divorce?

Yes , like Jann Wenner , he currently lives with a Man !

May 6th, 2004 08:49 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
marko wrote:
Voodoo Lounge Tour was announced,may 3rd 1994 from Kennedys
Yacht.They also announced,new album,would come out in july.

To me,personally,this was the last real tour,i felt more
electricity in the air,what i felt in 1997,1998 or 1999,
licks was close with the plimp,but show was better in 1994.
Its the best stadium tour ever done.

And Sir Stonesalot with mr.monkey got one of the best opening shows EVER,it was hot loud and wild,27songs,and my
mates b-day!you lucky bastards.......

Good tour and great personal memories. Everyone knew they'd be doing a club show while in rehearsals but I didn't know when or where. I had seen them up close in arenas and stadiums but never in a club. On tuesday July 19, 1994 I was driving down University Avenue listening to the radio and the club show was finally announced for that evening at the RPM club... a five minute drive away. Timing is everything!

I spent the rest of the day 'locked up' in a fenced-off parking lot with that beautiful little wrist band knowing that later that evening I'd be experiencing the Rolling Stones in a way that every true Stones fan deserves. I t was the first time in my life that I actually felt LUCKY.

There I was, elbows resting on the small, low stage, the boys entered and when Keith fired up Live With Me he was so close I could have grabbed his leg. I'll never forget when they screwed up the start of Love Is Strong and Keith stopped it and made them start it over... it felt like they were playing in my living room. What a great memory.
May 6th, 2004 09:27 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
That was one of the greatest nights of my life...Aug. 1st 1994.

Many folks still think that I hallucinated the Goathead Man on Stilts chasing Lisa Fischer around the stage during Monkey Man. And quite honestly, with the amount of chemicals in my system at the time...I could have hallucinated it.

But if I did, then it was a mass hallucination, probably induced by the pre-show Voodoo Drummers, because I've talked to several other people who were at that show...and they recall the same thing.

I WAS THERE- NO HALLUCINATIONS-GREAT SHOW AND SETLIST. MY WARHORSES FRIENDS WERE PISSED AND I TOLD EM THIS IS HEAVEN FOR A TRUE BELIEVER.7 SONGS OFF VOODOO!GREAT NIGHT INDEED
May 7th, 2004 09:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot Some knucklehead sitting behind us kept yelling..."PLay some oldies!". I just decided to grit my teath and ignore it. But not my mild mannered pal FPM...no no. Flea turns around and says..."The first fuckin' song was from 1964, wasn't that old enough for you?". The guy was searching for a comeback...but couldn't, or he decided that we looked just dangerous enough that he better not push it.

He did not yell the rest of the show.

Great job Flea.
May 7th, 2004 09:50 AM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Some knucklehead sitting behind us kept yelling..."PLay some oldies!". I just decided to grit my teath and ignore it. But not my mild mannered pal FPM...no no. Flea turns around and says..."The first fuckin' song was from 1964, wasn't that old enough for you?". The guy was searching for a comeback...but couldn't, or he decided that we looked just dangerous enough that he better not push it.

He did not yell the rest of the show.

Great job Flea.

Was you head shaven at the time? Was your sac shaven as well?
May 7th, 2004 10:25 AM
Factory Girl I was there RFK Stadium Wash. DC 8/1/94, which was Opening night for the Voodoo Lounge Tour. I had such a great time, I came back for more on 8/3/94.

Hi Marko!!
May 7th, 2004 10:50 AM
parmeda VL at Soldier Field in September was fantastic...
Great weather, great stage, GREAT SEATS!

Lenny w/his dreads (I'm so glad he doesn't look like that anymore, lol) opened for them. Yeah SS, those 'drums' before the show had a way to make my hair stand on end.

And why is it, that no matter what show I've been to there's always, ALWAYS, a jackass within an earshot saying, "What song is dat? I don't know that one? ...etc" Who lets these people buy tickets and waste a perfectly good seat?
May 7th, 2004 11:10 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Was you head shaven at the time?<

No, me had long hair then.
May 7th, 2004 12:46 PM
Joey

*** If anyone needs me I'll be at home for lunch today ***

" The Kid is getting Simon and Gayfunkel tickets next week Ronnie ! "

www.pollstar.com

Spanky !
May 7th, 2004 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

*** If anyone needs me I'll be at home for lunch today ***

" The Kid is getting Simon and Gayfunkel tickets next week Ronnie ! "

www.pollstar.com

Spanky !

Last night here in miami, the Bowie show was cancelled after a worker fell to his death....
May 7th, 2004 02:32 PM
Sir Stonesalot Whoa...no shit? That's a real shame.

Part of Bowie's crew, or was it local crew?

Do you remember what newspaper it was in so I can try to find the article?
May 7th, 2004 02:43 PM
nankerphelge I was part of the mass-hallucination!

That was a hot, sticky DC night -- just around dusk, they introduce that little Haitian voodoo band. I was doing my own little voodoo ritual up in the seats!!!
Goat-man chasing Mick all over the stage!!

We got Monkey Man and Hot Stuff and Can't Get Next to You and that intro -- oh my god!!

Quite the B'day present for SS and TomL!

May 7th, 2004 02:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know Nank...it is probably a good thing that we have some distance between us.

You & TomL, Me & Flea...we'd all end up in jail eventually.
May 7th, 2004 02:57 PM
jb http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/8610399.htm?1c
May 7th, 2004 03:08 PM
Joey

May 7th, 2004 03:23 PM
jb I'm scared this time Joey....I am really scared...our days may be numbered here There are too many of them to fight off...we only have Ben Gurion and occassionally lady jane on our side..and they don't particularly get along.
Page: 1 2