ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ALBUM YOU KNOW THE LEAST Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th May 2006 11:50 PM
Zack
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Majesties was just a quick/thrown together release (Bill Wyman singing lead fucking vocals...give me a break) while they worked on their first true masterpiece.

Untrue, Pug. The SMR sessions in fact dragged on the better part of 1967. True, it was in the middle of the whole Redlands trial, of course, which was certainly a distraction. Keith said the album was made "under the influence of bail."

But why shouldn't old Bill get a vocal? In Another Land isn't great, but it's far from unlistenable. Citadel IS a great tune in fact, and so is the period single Dandelion/WLY. They made some bad choices on SMR, but the good half is very good.

(The answer to this question, of course, is Dirty Work.)
4th May 2006 11:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Zack wrote:

Untrue, Pug. The SMR sessions in fact dragged on the better part of 1967. True, it was in the middle of the whole Redlands trial, of course, which was certainly a distraction. Keith said the album was made "under the influence of bail."

But why shouldn't old Bill get a vocal? In Another Land isn't great, but it's far from unlistenable. Citadel IS a great tune in fact, and so is the period single Dandelion/WLY. They made some bad choices on SMR, but the good half is very good.

(The answer to this question, of course, is Dirty Work.)

The majority of it is unlistenable. I like Dandelion....but they were unable to think clearly enough to put it on the record. And no, Bill Wyman does not deserve a lead vocal spot on a stones record. To enjoy this album for anything other than the cover and 3-4 songs is quite a stretch in my view.
6th May 2006 03:18 AM
keefjunkie SMR is tied with Let It Bleed for my favorite stones album, and guess what my favorite song is on SMR "Why Don't We Sing This Song All Together (See What Happens)"

Thats right you heard right (the secret word for tonight is mudshark) I don't understand how you couldnt like this album is your a fan of 60's pysch (Piper At The Gates Of Dawn). Oh and the album i know the least is probally Dirty Work because I've never heard the damn thing! (Im only 16, and yes I just made a Zappa reference)

Word.
6th May 2006 04:53 AM
Reptile Yeah Between The Buttons for me too. Being a young fan, I just never really got into that one.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)