ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Should I Go Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd May 2006 11:21 AM
nanatod I'm certainly not Ian Billan, then. The newest CD I have is from Coheed and Cambria. And my favorite new artist is Matisyahu.
2nd May 2006 11:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Who is Ian Billan?

an internet legend whose current absence is greatly missed
2nd May 2006 11:49 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Go, of course - but try and get tickets on the day instead of buying them right now (which will save you ££ on TM charges etc)

Hampden was a slow seller, and there might be a lot of people trying to get rid of expensive tickets below face just before the show. It WONT be a sell-out.

show will be wide open, save your money and come to the shows during the minitour where they will not be mailing it in.
2nd May 2006 12:43 PM
ExileInLA Go buy Ya Ya's.

Go buy Four Flicks.

After you do that, count all the money you saved because you didn't buy the most over priced ticket in music.

Don't bother seeing the Stones in 2006. It is a waste. They are a disappointment. They don't play anymore. They just pose and goof off.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!
2nd May 2006 12:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:

an internet legend whose current absence is greatly missed

His heart's in the right place. Misguided maybe but at least he's not an arrogant prick.
2nd May 2006 12:58 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
Go buy Ya Ya's.

Go buy Four Flicks.

After you do that, count all the money you saved because you didn't buy the most over priced ticket in music.

Don't bother seeing the Stones in 2006. It is a waste. They are a disappointment. They don't play anymore. They just pose and goof off.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

May I inquire as to how many shows you attended this tour?...I've been to 4 and have enjoyed em all...The most over priced ticket in music would be anyone who pays even $1 to see that skaghag Celine Dion in Vegas...now theres a waste of money!
2nd May 2006 01:33 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:

We need arrogant pricks and humble idiots, both are why this place is great.
I'm an arrogant idiot and a humble prick!

No Sir...you are The Avatar Extraordinaire!...
2nd May 2006 01:36 PM
keefkid
quote:
Gazza wrote:

However, Mark lives in or around Glasgow so I cant comprehend missing the chnace to see a Stones gig so close to home. They havent played the city or country I live in since 1965 (see the 'Charlie is my Darling' film for the last occasion!) so a local gig is pretty much my last wish for the Stones. Doubt I'll get it, though.
[Edited by Gazza]

wow... that suxs...

well, thats one good thing about living in New Jersey... now if we could just get over that Bon Jovi thing....

haaaaa Bon Jovi is ok, but he is NOT Springsteen ...
2nd May 2006 01:37 PM
keefkid
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
Go buy Ya Ya's.

Go buy Four Flicks.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

haaa pose & goof off, that was Keef in Philly...

but i liked it anyway, sorry...
2nd May 2006 01:54 PM
ExileInLA
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

May I inquire as to how many shows you attended this tour?...I've been to 4 and have enjoyed em all...The most over priced ticket in music would be anyone who pays even $1 to see that skaghag Celine Dion in Vegas...now theres a waste of money!

I went to one show this tour and have heard countless bootlegs. I am fine with not seeing any more shows. The performances sound miserable on the bootlegs. I hated the show I went to in September. They were awful and they keep getting worse.

They were great in 2002. They should have called it a day after that tour, after maybe playing the Exile showcase set one last time.

Hang it up guys. Please.
2nd May 2006 02:30 PM
Saint Sway I say you should definately GO!!

But if $$$$ is a concern, then dont pay full-price - just scalp a ticket outside the show, as there will be plenty to be had for well under face value.

I've have seen them nearly 10x this tour and while I may be one of the flag bearers here who believe their time has passed and that they are in serious decline - it is STILL a fun party and a good time to be had. If you are a die hard Stones fan like me you will definately have fun and get your rocks off! Especially if you are one of the few fans that are no longer exhausted of the warhorse parade that they continue to stampede the latter half of the shows with.

sadly, though, the writing is on the wall, and many diehard fans here have gotten wise to the Stones Vegas act and have FINALLY tired of the smoke & mirror show (See below). But... ignore them because its still a fun show - so go and have a great time.

but PLEASE dont pay face value

quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I won t see them again this year, I m not really interested in seeing the same show for 10 years.

quote:
Gazza wrote:
actually, I can understand why many fans have chosen NOT to go this time around on many levels - even if personally speaking I havent reached that stage myself (and doubt I ever will - if there are future tours, unless things change I'd just go to less shows (as has been the case this tour) - because they're less interesting than before, overpriced and I dont really care for large-scale shows any more)

quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Don't always put the Stones 1st. They don't need the money.

quote:
voodoopug wrote:
show will be wide open, save your money and come to the shows during the minitour where they will not be mailing it in.

quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Buy Four Flicks instead

quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
Go buy Ya Ya's.

Go buy Four Flicks.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

quote:
keefkid wrote:
haaa pose & goof off, that was Keef in Philly...

but i liked it anyway, sorry...

quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
I went to one show this tour and have heard countless bootlegs. I am fine with not seeing any more shows. The performances sound miserable on the bootlegs. I hated the show I went to in September. They were awful and they keep getting worse.

They were great in 2002. They should have called it a day after that tour, after maybe playing the Exile showcase set one last time.

Hang it up guys. Please.

2nd May 2006 03:22 PM
rasputin56 Ah, Gazza, you didn't need my help. That was an easy one. Frankly, anyone who would compare the two in any conceivable way isn't really worthy of being acknowledged anyways.

I've always considered Bill Belichick's one and only flaw is that he is a borderline Jovi groupie.

2nd May 2006 04:01 PM
time is on my side Here's what one of the regular posters here said about a ABB concert he attended last September. From the sound of this enthusiastic fan, you definitely should plan on attending:

"how f#ckin cool was that MSG set list!!!!!

y'all complain about my persistant bitching about the set list... well... IT PAID OFF!!!!

see how easy it is for them to whip up something a little different!
Best band. They can play a totally different show every night and rock every single song. So.... no more sitting back and saying its acceptable for them to coast. Get up. Stand up. You mofos!!

an AMAZING SHOW! One of the all-time best at MSG!

and y'all have me to thank."

Here was the setlist this fan and regular poster at Rocks Off was raving about:

Start Me Up
She's So Cold
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
19th Nervous Breakdown
Bitch
All Down The Line
Get Up Stand Up
--- Introductions
The Worst (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
Satisfaction (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Jumping Jack Flash
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Brown Sugar (encore)

2nd May 2006 04:07 PM
voodoopug That is my point. Dont waste time with the Euro shows, wait until the fall.
2nd May 2006 04:34 PM
time is on my side It can be assumed from the comments of what we shall call "the enthusiastic fan" that the setlist listed above is a great setlist.

The good news is you'll be getting 70-75 percent of that same setlist that MSG got last September with a few surprises thrown in. Since this will be your first show, the comments of "the enthusiastic fan" seem to indicate you wil be in for one AMAZING SHOW as he was quite impressed with the performance in addition to the setlist.
[Edited by time is on my side]
2nd May 2006 04:40 PM
Saint Sway I guess if others are gonna quote me, then I can quote myself.

heres one of my recent posts. But the point is still the same:

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I say you should definately GO!!

I've have seen them nearly 10x this tour and while I may be one of the flag bearers here who believe their time has passed and that they are in serious decline - it is STILL a fun party and a good time to be had. If you are a die hard Stones fan like me you will definately have fun and get your rocks off! Especially if you are one of the few fans that are no longer exhausted of the warhorse parade that they continue to stampede the latter half of the shows with.

go to the show ScotRoks! Have a blast!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
2nd May 2006 08:03 PM
LadyJane Wow...first I get an apology from Lethargy.

Now I'm reviewing threads and agreeing with Saint Sway.

I wonder if I fell out of a coconut tree and don't remember???

LJ.

2nd May 2006 08:12 PM
Twostoned
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Gazza, what is your problem with Bon Jovi?

In my opinion, they are a respectable American Hard Rock band, and they are a lot more humble than your hero, Bruce "over-rated" Springsteen.

[Edited by nanatod]

Bon Jovi better than Springsteen? You must be kidding. I can't believe they're still thriving.
2nd May 2006 08:21 PM
Twostoned
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
They don't play anymore. They just pose and goof off.

Maybe. But they can "pose" and "goof off" any time for me. I mean if you're hesitant at all about the money it seems you don't really want to go.
2nd May 2006 11:54 PM
ExileInLA
quote:
Twostoned wrote:

Maybe. But they can "pose" and "goof off" any time for me. I mean if you're hesitant at all about the money it seems you don't really want to go.

um...no.

it seems that i like to keep my budget and keep a roof over my head and food on the table for me and my girl. but hey - that's just me i guess.
3rd May 2006 12:25 AM
glencar nanatod, you used to get some respect around here but yer Blon Jovi comments are duly noted.

As for soemone living in Glasgow thinking of NOT going to a Stones show? WTF? What else are you gonna do in that city this year? Goddam.
3rd May 2006 06:52 PM
Scot Rocks Thanks for all the opinions! Just to update all you folks, I now have tickets gave ticketmaster a phone last night and they had some pitch tickets left, even though they said it had sold out online. So gave the credit card a battering and cant wait now!
3rd May 2006 06:54 PM
Gazza good for you. I'm in the 4th row centre in Block A! Hope to see you for a beer or six beforehand
3rd May 2006 07:05 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Gazza wrote:
good for you. I'm in the 4th row centre in Block A! Hope to see you for a beer or six beforehand

cheers , im in block C, it aint the best seat in the world, but im just glad im gonna be there now. 6 beers definately!!
3rd May 2006 11:53 PM
glencar Did you buy tix for your sis & bro also?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)