ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Should I Go Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st May 2006 07:14 PM
Scot Rocks Right since I got back backpacking in Aus, I have been pretty much skint, finally have enough money for tickets for hampden. Was going to take my brother and my sister so they could see the Stones live in their lifetime, but the cheapest tickets now are 90 quid, which is going to cost me around 320 quid for the tickets. I am now not sure whether to go now, is it worth the expense?

Mark
1st May 2006 07:15 PM
Reptile Ofcourse it is. Why would you ask such a question on a Stones fanboard?
1st May 2006 07:22 PM
Scot Rocks I have seen them already a few times and judging by reports, some of their performances havent been the best.Also with me possibly starting a post grad course in september, which is going to cost me £4500, I dont have a lot of money to spare...but well I guess the reason is that I just want some more people telling me, "get your arse there!!!"
1st May 2006 07:35 PM
GotToRollMe In a word: Yes.
You will NOT be disappointed and it will be worth every penny.
1st May 2006 07:43 PM
MrPleasant

Let me ask my friend Mike, here. But, first, I think I'm going to push him down the stairs.
1st May 2006 08:21 PM
Gazza Go, of course - but try and get tickets on the day instead of buying them right now (which will save you ££ on TM charges etc)

Hampden was a slow seller, and there might be a lot of people trying to get rid of expensive tickets below face just before the show. It WONT be a sell-out.

1st May 2006 08:34 PM
LadyJane Mark....

GET YOUR ARSE THERE!!!!!!!!

You will NOT be disappointed. I promise.

LJ.
1st May 2006 10:02 PM
Soldatti You should go without thinking.
2nd May 2006 04:15 AM
Stray Cat UK Leave it for now. I've just sold my Hamden ticket well below face on e bay.

I've learnt from experience. Don't always put the Stones 1st. They don't need the money.
2nd May 2006 04:21 AM
Jumacfly Buy Four Flicks instead
2nd May 2006 07:06 AM
LadyJane Let's see.....

LJ, Gazza and Soldatti all say "GO!!!". Interestingly all three have actually SEEN shows this Tour.

SCUK and JU are holding back. Interestingly they have NOT seen a show of this Tour.

Mark, this is likely your LAST chance to see the Band in a large scale Tour setting.

Do you really want to pass this up???

LJ.
2nd May 2006 07:10 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

SCUK and JU are holding back. Interestingly they have NOT seen a show of this Tour.

LJ.

my dear LJ,

I was just kidding you know!!!
I won t see them again this year, I m not really interested in seeing the same show for 10 years.
But I m glad most of you enjoy this tour,indeed!

cheers
jU
2nd May 2006 07:14 AM
LadyJane My dear Ju...no offense intended.

Just an observation.

You aren't going???

I'm telling ya....you won't be disappointed.

LJ.
2nd May 2006 07:20 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
My dear Ju...no offense intended.

Just an observation.

You aren't going???

I'm telling ya....you won't be disappointed.

LJ.

Thanks for the kind words LJ
2nd May 2006 07:22 AM
corgi37 Selling drugs seems to be profitable these days. Do that for a month or two. Or, failing that, start up your own petroleum company. Those fuckers are worse than drug dealers.

Either way, just go. You'll kick yourself, like i did on missing out on Melbourne.
2nd May 2006 07:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Let's see.....

LJ, Gazza and Soldatti all say "GO!!!". Interestingly all three have actually SEEN shows this Tour.

Mark, this is likely your LAST chance to see the Band in a large scale Tour setting.

Do you really want to pass this up???

LJ.

actually, I can understand why many fans have chosen NOT to go this time around on many levels - even if personally speaking I havent reached that stage myself (and doubt I ever will - if there are future tours, unless things change I'd just go to less shows (as has been the case this tour) - because they're less interesting than before, overpriced and I dont really care for large-scale shows any more)

However, Mark lives in or around Glasgow so I cant comprehend missing the chnace to see a Stones gig so close to home. They havent played the city or country I live in since 1965 (see the 'Charlie is my Darling' film for the last occasion!) so a local gig is pretty much my last wish for the Stones. Doubt I'll get it, though.
[Edited by Gazza]
2nd May 2006 07:49 AM
LadyJane I guess I'm just a major sheep.

I'll follow them for as long as I can.

Haven't left a show yet that didn't totally satisfy me.

LJ.
2nd May 2006 08:03 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

actually, I can understand why many fans have chosen NOT to go this time around on many levels - because they're less interesting than before, overpriced and I dont really care for large-scale shows any more)

That s exactly the way I feel Gazza.
2nd May 2006 08:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I guess I'm just a major sheep.

I'll follow them for as long as I can.

Haven't left a show yet that didn't totally satisfy me.

LJ.

wasnt implying you were a 'sheep' and theres different ways of 'following' a band. I just dont feel the need to go to every show imaginable anymore for various reasons, which are not necessarily related to a lack of enthusiasm for the Stones' music or their ability to put on a good show.

I've enjoyed every show of the 36 I've seen to date to some degree. The few I havent had a great time at havent been down to any fault of the Stones, but to other factors.
[Edited by Gazza]
2nd May 2006 08:06 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

That s exactly the way I feel Gazza.

yes..but with some careful editing of my post on your part

You should go to at least one show, however.

And you know which one.
2nd May 2006 08:07 AM
LadyJane Like Bon Jovi!!!!!!! LMAO.

Oh Gazza....I'm calling MYSELF a sheep!!!

I'm proud of it!!!!!!

LJ.
2nd May 2006 08:13 AM
StickyFishFingers "but well I guess the reason is that I just want some more people telling me, "get your arse there!!!" "

Mate get your arse there! oh man if i lived anywhere in this world where i had the opportunity to get to as many Stones concerts as physically possible within a short timeframe, I wouldn't be asking myself can i afford it, rather I would be saying "I'm gonna see this band as many times as physically possible". As Gazza said, rock up to the venues on the day coz there's always going to be dudes who've bought too many tickets - as per the greedy EBay scalpers who stocked up for the aussie shows. Even a cheap ticket at the back of the venue is better than not going at all & when you're in there maybe try and get a better view. With so many concerts within travelling distance - Do it man ! If you really want to - you'll find the cash to get there. I am so jealous, I wish us aussies had more chances over the years to see the Stones.
2nd May 2006 08:35 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yes..but with some careful editing of my post on your part

You should go to at least one show, however.

And you know which one.

oh yes I know!
But I can t find any motivation, musically speaking of course
the only valid point for me to go to Nice, for the moment, is just to share a beer with you and baby Egon
2nd May 2006 09:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Like Bon Jovi!!!!!!! LMAO.

Oh Gazza....I'm calling MYSELF a sheep!!!

I'm proud of it!!!!!!

I know, I know....Christ - actually, I never thought about bon Jovi (thanks for reminding me - grr). I didnt let them spoil my Stones gig in Paris even though on the 2nd night I was stuck in the middle of a field with no way of escape (first night I had the backstage passes and thankfully avoided listening to their bilge).
2nd May 2006 09:55 AM
Joey

**** END TRANSMISSION ****
2nd May 2006 10:32 AM
nanatod Gazza, what is your problem with Bon Jovi?

In my opinion, they are a respectable American Hard Rock band, and they are a lot more humble than your hero, Bruce "over-rated" Springsteen.

[Edited by nanatod]
2nd May 2006 10:54 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Gazza, what is your problem with Bon Jovi?

In my opinion, they are a respectable American Hard Rock band, and they are a lot more humble than your hero, Bruce "over-rated" Springsteen.

I have to admit I'm only familiar with three or four of Bon Jovi's songs, ie., the singles that get played on rock radio. The only time I ever saw Bon Jovi live, they did a short set as the opening band for the greatest day of music that I was ever at-- the first Farm Aid show in Champaign, Illinois, with Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Loretta Lynn and others. I felt the only musician that embarrassed themselves that day was Joni Mitchell, whose live set was too slow paced and filled with non-hits.

Leave this body, IanBillen!!!
2nd May 2006 10:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Gazza, what is your problem with Bon Jovi?

well, its an ongoing little joke here, which I like to play on from time to time to be honest. But I do think they personify everything thats gone wrong with white rock music in the last 20 years.

theyre shite, their lyrics are appalling, cliched and cringeworthy and their songs are phoney and annoying. And theyre the biggest over achievers in the history of popular music, next to Garth Brooks. Apart from that, theyre wonderful.

quote:

Thats part of the problem. I dont care for "American Hard Rock" (which if thats your definition of Bon Jovi, it sure as hell isnt mine of Springsteen, so theres no reason to link the two musically). And I dont have 'heroes', but each to their own. I suppose if you're crap, you have every right to be humble. The comparison to Bruce though is IMO laughable. Lyrically, its akin to recycling Springsteen's watered-down turds. Comparing Bon Jovi to Springsteen is like comparing Donovan to Dylan or Fabian to Elvis.

I'll defend your right to like them, but I'll still defend mine to insist they're godawful.
[Edited by Gazza]
2nd May 2006 10:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Leave this body, IanBillen!!!

LMFAO
2nd May 2006 11:14 AM
nanatod Who is Ian Billan?

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)