ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy Mother's Day to all the mamacitas buenonas of Rocks Off
Happy Mother's Day!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cooking the tour: The name of the tour and South America update... Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 26th, 2005 08:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Cucho Peņaloza a well known TV & Radio producer and conductor, rock producer, book writer, noted philosopher, in-demand stud, part-time gigolo and cool friend told us today (in private and at the forum in Spanish) that he held a meeting in Lima with the three promoters to define if they hire the Stones to play Lima (already pre-booked by the Argentinean promoter).

To make the long-story short, the probability for Lima is now lower than originally expected due to tax issues and booking cost but it is not death yet.

Argentina and Brazil are a go as you all know but Chile is 90% a fact. Colombia and Venezuela as previously rumoured are now not in the itinerary.

The bad news is that the name of the tour is "The Farewell Tour" as he clearly saw in all the information by the stones people.

More here http://www.rocksoff.org/foro/viewtopic.php?t=1843
April 26th, 2005 10:09 PM
Paulcarr87 Do you think it is possible that the tour would be promoted as a farewell tour in South America but not in America or Europe? It seems that the general theory is that the Stones will continue to do shorter tours in big cities in America and Europe after the 2005-06 tour - if this is the case, then South America would probalby never see the Stones again after this tour.

April 26th, 2005 10:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl To be honest I think they will be touring forever; John Lee Hooker passed away just some days (less than a week) after he played live in San Francisco... At leat Keith will follow this.

The Who made the "Farewell Tour" in 1982 and they have been touring recently, the idea was that no more tours but that does not mean no more live appearances.

April 27th, 2005 12:16 AM
Madafaka Thank you very much for the info Voodoo, now we need to wait until the press conference.
April 27th, 2005 08:21 AM
T&A For the record, John Lee Hooker's last show was in Santa Rosa, CA.
April 27th, 2005 08:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl well, I meant they will rock till they die "if possible to drop dead on stage" the last gig JLH was one Friday and he passed away in the middle of the next week
April 27th, 2005 08:55 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
[...]

The bad news is that the name of the tour is "The Farewell Tour" as he clearly saw in all the information by the stones people.

[...]

This is something I really don't mind.....since Eagles and coutless other bands are making Farewell Tours for years.......

Oh and by the way.....I am now so excited that I'm only in underwear here at the office right now.....

Little Frisky!
April 27th, 2005 10:02 AM
gustavobala here in brazil, news says that will be the stones's last tour(farewell?)

i don't believe, but...
April 27th, 2005 10:12 AM
corgi37 As i have said before, i really think this is the last tour. As "their" tours go. I dont think there will be anymore extravaganzas. Maybe, one off series of shows in places like NYC, L.A., London & Melbourne.

They will not have new stuff to tour behind, as you can bet this will be there last cd.

Surpringly, i am not upset. I think its time. I really do. They should go out with a massive bang. The biggest stage. Most elaborate light show. Over 2 hour shows. I pray to all the Gods that they come to Oz. I will be severely pissed off if they leave us off the itinery.

And, i hope like hell Wembley is there last show. Imagine the emotion!

Voodoo, i USED to think they would tour to they drop, but Keith's inaction in 8 years show he has simply lost the desire. And, they got away with LICKS touring without a new cd, can you imagine them recording another in, say, 3 years? Nope, me either. I personally think they were lucky with LICKS.

And, i think Jagger would like to move on. He works harder than any one all the aspects, and maybe he thinks "Shit, i've got enough money. We've left enough legacy. I can concentrate on producing films.

I'm sure Charlie, after his cancer scare, would prefer more time at home, and to just play in his jazz band.

Ronnie can hook up with Rod the Mod, or maybe join Bill.

And keith can idle away his days in Jamaica-mon, and tending to environment issues around his Conneticut home. Which, i might add, has seemed is only passion for years.

I dont think is too sad. Maybe i will. If they leave Oz out, i 100% will. But, lets face it. A tour after this is at least 4-5 years away.

Nup. This is it. Good on 'em, and i know they will give it their all.

P.S. Wembley as the last show would be amazing! Get some old friends up, like Clapton, Bono (Robbie Williams for the Pommy kidies?) and Elton. Maybe even Bill & M.T. I'd join them, but i might be busy and i fear they wont be able to afford me.
April 27th, 2005 10:32 AM
FPM C10 I was with you up until that last part, Corgi. Let me get this straight - you think it would be a GOOD thing if they invite Elton John and Bono to play with them at their last gig?

I'm sorry, I want them to name the tour "Never Say Die" and at least pretend that they're never going to stop. Farewell Tours are for Cher. And actually, so is inviting Elton John to sit in.

[Edited by Bob Macky]
[Edited by FPM C10]
April 27th, 2005 11:44 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry, I want them to name the tour "Never Say Die" and at least pretend that they're never going to stop. [...]

Flea.....

great reference to the great last Black Sabbath album with Ozzy Osbourne (1978). Correct me if I'm wrong.
April 27th, 2005 11:58 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Reading again the original message by Cucho written in perfect Spanish, he didn't mention that the name will be actually "THE FAREWELL TOUR" but a farewell tour, sorry

"LA MALA NOTOCIA ES QUE SE HABLA DE LA GIRA COMO LA ULTIMA ESO ESTA EN TODOS LOS PAPELES QUE PUDE VER. ES EL FAREWELL TOUR."

That meanse that they were talking about the tour as the last one as written in all papers, this is the farwell tour.

http://www.rocksoff.org/foro/viewtopic.php?t=1843
April 27th, 2005 11:59 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl But the bottomline is that now it's official, this is the last world tour or this could be the last tour, this could be the last tour, maybe the last tour I don't know
April 27th, 2005 12:00 PM
corgi37 Er, yeah. Houston '75. Who joined 'em on stage? Reggie!!!

Bono during Licks - Sang IORR.

Like it or not, EJ is a close friend of MJ, and also, a long-time fervant fan. Once quoted: "The Stones are the perfect rock band. Ugly attractive".

What i meant was, for their final show, to have a few friends join them on stage. Might as well have Bono - the torch is well and truly passed to him. Like it or not.

And, i do NOT like it. But, facts are facts.

OR, maybe this guy?
April 27th, 2005 12:20 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Er, yeah. Houston '75. Who joined 'em on stage? Reggie!!!

Like it or not, EJ is a close friend of MJ, and also, a long-time fervant fan. Once quoted: "The Stones are the perfect rock band. Ugly attractive".

What i meant was, for their final show, to have a few friends join them on stage. Might as well have Bono - the torch is well and truly passed to him. Like it or not.

And, i do NOT like it. But, facts are facts.

OR, maybe this guy?

This guy looks younger than I thought......
April 27th, 2005 01:00 PM
Stones I seem to remember Mick Jagger saying he did not like when groups said is was a final tour. He thought it was a mistake. I would rather have them do the whole tour and announce at the beginning of the last show that they are done. But only if they mean it. They would lose alot of respect if they came back after they said they were done - like the Who. But kieth said at the 97 B2B tour press conference that they had 5 more coming so who knows.
April 27th, 2005 03:04 PM
FPM C10
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Er, yeah. Houston '75. Who joined 'em on stage? Reggie!!!

Like it or not, EJ is a close friend of MJ, and also, a long-time fervant fan.

Yeah, but Mick was also a good friend of Princess Margaret, and never let HER sit in.

Besides which, Keith and Elton hate each other, and it's Keith's band too.

I say NO guests during an "official" final show. Especially not Sheryl friggin' Crow.

And there's no torch being passed to Bono. When the Stones put it down, it will go out.

April 27th, 2005 04:02 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i dont think its their last tour. they probably just say its their last tour so more people can come. everyone woould want to go to their last concert and we'll pay what ever it takes
long live the stones
p.s im extremely happy and excited because there's a rumor that says the stones are coming to AAA in dallas!!!!!!!
yes!!!!
April 27th, 2005 04:30 PM
Night Clerk If Elton gets on Keith's stage it really WILL be a final tour for someone.
April 27th, 2005 05:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stones wrote:
I seem to remember Mick Jagger saying he did not like when groups said is was a final tour. He thought it was a mistake. I would rather have them do the whole tour and announce at the beginning of the last show that they are done. But only if they mean it. They would lose alot of respect if they came back after they said they were done - like the Who. But kieth said at the 97 B2B tour press conference that they had 5 more coming so who knows.

I can't believe you're seriously taking an off the cuff sarcastic remark by Keith at a press conference literally.

A lot of things have changed since 1997, in fact since 2002. These guys are aging fast. Every one of them in the last couple of years has had health issues which could seriously affect their ability to perform in future years (in Ronnie and Charlie's case, their health problems were potentially life threatening. Ronnie's still is!)

Its not remotely similar to compare it a Who farewell tour of 1982 (or those of any band for that matter). Those guys were still in their 30's at the time and still had most of their lives in front of them. The Stones aren't in THAT position. A band with an average age of about 60 announcing their retirement from touring is hardly that outrageous or surprising.

I dont think they'll tour again after this one. In five years from now, I dont expect the band to still exist.

I also have my doubts about these 'one off' or 'special' events in the future either. The Stones generally dont do them and havent done for over a quarter of a century.
April 27th, 2005 05:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
im extremely happy and excited because there's a rumor that says the stones are coming to AAA in dallas!!!!!!!
yes!!!!

early December, apparently. Houston too.
April 27th, 2005 06:36 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I dont think they'll tour again after this one. In five years from now, I dont expect the band to still exist.

I also have my doubts about these 'one off' or 'special' events in the future either. The Stones generally dont do them and havent done for over a quarter of a century.

I fully agree with you on this one Gazza. People that think the Stones are going to continue till death are IMO sadly mistaken. I mean it's not like they need the cash. Also the logistics of launching another tour are just too daunting to a band that prides itself on extravagant eye popping stages etc. No,I'm afraid that this really is the last one,and I even believe the fact that there is a very good chance that any rumour of "one offs" is just that rumour. I think the Stones have proven all they ever had to,and would like to just relax and enjoy the fruits of their extrondinary carreer. Can't say as I blame them really.

It's over Ronnie!

Riffhard
April 27th, 2005 07:30 PM
kath i dunno. i don't think they'll stop touring until one of them dies. i just can't see them stopping. i think they have too much fun. really. i do!!!
April 27th, 2005 07:57 PM
Gazza that would be a very anti-climactic end, though, wouldnt it? Thats also what I'm getting at by saying I doubt they'll still be a band in five years time.

I agree with you that they still enjoy it. I just feel that in a couple of years or more from now that some members of the band wont physically be UP to the rigours of lengthy touring and playing onstage a few nights a week.

I seriously have my doubts as to Keith and Ronnie's long-term abilities to function as we'd like them to be able to. After what Charlie's been through last year, I wouldnt blame him wanting a quieter life either.
April 27th, 2005 08:35 PM
kath fair enough. frankly, after what happened with charlie, i was concerned there wouldn't be a "this tour"...

but that's the point.

maybe when charlie says no more. but he just loves those guys so much, it'd be like being told you can't go outside to play anymore, ever.

i hope i die before any of this happens......i don't wanna think about it!
April 27th, 2005 08:43 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
kath wrote:
i hope i die before any of this happens......i don't wanna think about it!

I hope you're joking. Right?
April 27th, 2005 09:13 PM
kath oh gawd, here we go again!!!!

i have always been on record as saying my time here is short...and i would LOVE to see another tour...even though i will only get maybe two shows...i really wanna see them in amsterdam....

but i really love this band...they make me happy in a way a lot of other stuff can't. most other stuff. i just dunno if i could stand knowing they'd never just show up someday and play somewhere together....
April 27th, 2005 09:23 PM
MrPleasant "Okilly-dokilly".
April 27th, 2005 10:34 PM
Soldatti I see this tour like the last BIG string of concerts, maybe they will do some shows here and there in the future but not a long and worldwide tour.
April 27th, 2005 11:16 PM
BILL PERKS I FIRMLY BELIEVE THIS IS THE END..IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE AND IT IS TIME.I PLAN ON ENJOYING AND APPRECIATING EVERY MINUTE OF THEIR FINAL RIDE.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour