ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Doris Richards Funeral - 1 May 2007
© Matrix with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No cell phones and laptops for Keith Richards! Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th April 2007 07:24 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl London, April 26 : It seems that rock star Keith Richards is tired of being chased by people.

The Rolling Stones star recently revealed that he didn't keep a mobile phone or a laptop because he "don't wanna be tracked down".

"If you'd gone into a coma 20 years ago and you woke up today and saw people talking on cell phones in their cars, you'd think the world had gone mad. People walking round in circles, trying to get a signal, laptops in planes . . .," The Sun quoted him, as saying.

In an interview to commemorate 40 years of Rolling Stone magazine, the rocker also divulged that he has developed an improbable infatuation for Mozart.

"I really wasn't much of a fan when growing up. It was just over my head. But I play him every day now. I'm a bit of a late bloomer," he added.

Meanwhile Richards' mother, Doris, aged 91, passed away on April 21after a battle with cancer.

Richards had recently retracted statements in which he had claimed to snort the ashes of his father, Bert, in a line of cocaine after he died in 2002.

--- ANI
26th April 2007 08:27 AM
Bruno I agree with him. Cell phones, most of the time, suck.
26th April 2007 08:56 AM
Factory Girl I am cell-phone free.

I'd like to know what other composers Keith listens to.
26th April 2007 09:26 AM
FotiniD
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

"If you'd gone into a coma 20 years ago and you woke up today and saw people talking on cell phones in their cars, you'd think the world had gone mad. People walking round in circles, trying to get a signal, laptops in planes . . .,"

Amen baby!!

After two weeks of trying to make a wireless network work and waiting for signal, yes, I do feel like that. Modern technology, tsk, tsk... (but if anyone knows anything about wireless networks, ip addresses and all that PLEASE, do pm me! I need all the help I can get. I'll send you a nice little bootleg in return, hehe ).

A very good thriller about cell phones is Stephen King's "Cell".
26th April 2007 10:23 AM
egon he doesn't have a cell phone.
he has little helpers that have a cell phone...
26th April 2007 10:46 AM
GotToRollMe I can relate. I never liked talking on the phone. Now I have ANOTHER phone I don't wanna talk on. I have to admit, I like the text feature though.

It doesn't surprise me a bit that he listens to Mozart. I have a feeling Keith's into all kinds of music.
26th April 2007 12:06 PM
Starbuck cell phones suck.

i shall never own one.

about 7 years ago, i was almost involved in a serious car accident. i was prceeding through a stop light in my tiny geo prism when some woman in a big ass SUV totally blew the red light...went right on through like it was a goddamn freeway. had to slam on my breaks hard to miss her. if i'd been two seconds earlier, my friend in the passenger seat would have been mashed to a fine pulp...

idiot was taking on a cell phone.
26th April 2007 12:10 PM
glencar
quote:
egon wrote:
he doesn't have a cell phone.
he has little helpers that have a cell phone...

BINGO! Of course Keef doesn't need a cell; his lackeys do all his phoning. I have & love my cell phone but I don't use it whilst driving unless it's on speaker.
26th April 2007 12:13 PM
Mel Belli I'm pretty sure that quote is from the Rolling Stone 40th-anniversary issue. How does the Sun get away without attributing?...
26th April 2007 12:13 PM
glencar BTW What's a "laptop"?
26th April 2007 12:42 PM
Dan I don't have a cell phone. All my friends are here in my computer.
26th April 2007 01:50 PM
Bruno Hahahahahahaa
26th April 2007 02:25 PM
speedfreakjive a relatively intelligent comment by Keith, almost a Jagger like observation, quite rare in recent years
26th April 2007 02:54 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW What's a "laptop"?

It's like a lap dance, and depending on your processor, is better.
26th April 2007 02:57 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
cell phones suck.

i shall never own one.

about 7 years ago, i was almost involved in a serious car accident. i was prceeding through a stop light in my tiny geo prism when some woman in a big ass SUV totally blew the red light...went right on through like it was a goddamn freeway. had to slam on my breaks hard to miss her. if i'd been two seconds earlier, my friend in the passenger seat would have been mashed to a fine pulp...

That happens to me at least once a week... If you think you're mad, imagine the fire of hated that burns in my heart... These people should be tortured...
26th April 2007 03:43 PM
killerbitch I don't have a cell either. Here everybody talks on the
cell, when they're driving, in the store every damn place.
I am lucky I can listen to the radio. They are fine if a
person needs them but some people have developed dangerous
habits while talking on them. My info is in my traditional
table top computer.
26th April 2007 03:53 PM
Saint Sway my computers, laptops, cell phones, blackberries etc are the essential tools I use for work in order to make a decent enough living and be able to purchase the $1500 "Hot Seat" packages that afford Keith Richards the luxury to have a 300 person staff of lackies to cover his ass from A to Z, so that Keith never has to pick up a cell phone call or spend the day in front of computer.
26th April 2007 03:54 PM
_Boomy_ Does anybody here post for anyone that doesn't use a computer?

I gots ta know.
26th April 2007 04:15 PM
Carol Sigmaringa
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
my computers, laptops, cell phones, blackberries etc are the essential tools I use for work in order to make a decent enough living and be able to purchase the $1500 "Hot Seat" packages that afford Keith Richards the luxury to have a 300 person staff of lackies to cover his ass from A to Z, so that Keith never has to pick up a cell phone call or spend the day in front of computer.

Agreed, Saint Sway!
I didn't want to become a technology freak, but I have to use it. Now I just depend on it, including cell phones. And I DO love internet!

Keith's life is very easy. He must have one person to do take care of all his needs.
26th April 2007 04:19 PM
MrPleasant I only have one cheap cellphone, and I've used it exclusively to hire whores.
26th April 2007 05:16 PM
Dan
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
I don't have a cell either. Here everybody talks on the
cell, when they're driving, in the store every damn place.
I am lucky I can listen to the radio. They are fine if a
person needs them but some people have developed dangerous
habits while talking on them. My info is in my traditional
table top computer.

I only have one home telephone line and it's usually connected to the internet.
26th April 2007 05:22 PM
pdog
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Does anybody here post for anyone that doesn't use a computer?

I gots ta know.

starbucks aliases!
26th April 2007 05:38 PM
fireontheplatter cell phones are necessary for woman i think they need it in case their care brakes down or some other emergency.

i have had one ever since they came out with them in the early 90's.
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
26th April 2007 05:47 PM
pdog
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
cell phones are necessary for woman i think they need it in case their care brakes down or some other emergency.

Dude! You just said you are a woman...
26th April 2007 05:55 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:

Dude! You just said you are a woman...

did i?
omg...no more drinking and posting for me then.
26th April 2007 06:21 PM
pdog
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

did i?
omg...no more drinking and posting for me then.

Androgony isn't a bad thing...
26th April 2007 06:31 PM
Saint Sway I'm sure Keith was trying to come off as sounding cool and holier than thou, but he actually just comes off sounding like any other cranky old man thats afraid of learning any kind of new technology

"If you'd gone into a coma 20 years ago and you woke up today and saw people talking on cell phones in their cars, you'd think the world had gone mad. People walking round in circles, trying to get a signal, laptops in planes . . . heck, back in my day we need any of these high gizmos the kids are runnin around with. No sir, if we wanted to get in contact with someone we wrote them a letter.... and The Pony Express delivered it for FREE!!! Thats right! I lived 75 years on this planet and I never once needed a cell phone... and we didnt walk around with head phones on either. Cant stand that. No sir, in my day if you wanted to hear music, the family got together and gathered around the phonograph..."
26th April 2007 06:37 PM
Dan
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
cell phones are necessary for woman i think they need it in case their care brakes down or some other emergency.

They have been around a lot longer than the early 90's. My company used to deal them in the mid '80's. I saw some old invoices in the store room - the units alone costed between $1500-2000, not sure what the service cost but it was a lot.
26th April 2007 07:01 PM
Joey
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
cell phones suck.

i shall never own one.

Starbuck ........

Thank Heaven you are with us all today !

I can not IMAGINE this board without your prodigious posting abilities .

I just can not fathom it .......

JAZZY !
26th April 2007 07:14 PM
texile i hvae one for work and emergencies..
but i was late and reluctant to the technology.
although keith can afford NOT to have to worry about his car breaking down or whatever, i agree with his general statement.
cell phones have broken down the social niceties of functioning in public...
i'm not sure that is such a great thing.
we now have an entire generation that knows no social ettiquette.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)