ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Doris Richards Funeral - 1 May 2007
© Matrix with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jeff Beck on "Idol" Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th April 2007 01:00 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
and what do Royals' pitchers wear?

We get our ass kicked all the time...our blood is real
26th April 2007 02:33 PM
Martha Fiji,

This is off-topic.

The Xmas card I sent you came back last week.

I must've had your addy wrong.

But to take that long to bounce back....amazing!

xxoo,
Martha
26th April 2007 02:48 PM
Saint Sway is this real?

the great Jeff Beck was on American Idol????

I thought Idol was a singing show??

why was he there?

is the world coming to an end?
26th April 2007 02:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Martha wrote:
Fiji,

This is off-topic.

The Xmas card I sent you came back last week.

I must've had your addy wrong.

But to take that long to bounce back....amazing!

xxoo,
Martha

LOL...thanks for the thought....It's Kansas...when one pony goes down, the whole express suffers
26th April 2007 03:37 PM
Joey " LOL...thanks for the thought....It's Kansas...when one pony goes down, the whole express suffers "

<---------------

|
|
|
V

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh, Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji ) , you BAD !!!!!!!!

26th April 2007 03:55 PM
_Boomy_ This is truly a huge letdown.

26th April 2007 04:03 PM
glencar No, it's not a letdown at all. It was more a charity fundraiser than a typical idol show & he was backing up Kelly Clarkson on a soulful ballad. I just watched it & she was beautiful.
26th April 2007 04:05 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, it's not a letdown at all. It was more a charity fundraiser than a typical idol show & he was backing up Kelly Clarkson on a soulful ballad. I just watched it & she was beautiful.

Good. Good to hear. I am not typing this with my nipples, either.
26th April 2007 04:13 PM
Martha
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

LOL...thanks for the thought....It's Kansas...when one pony goes down, the whole express suffers

Welcome sorry you didn't get the card though. I'd love to know where the hell that card spent those wintery months. Lafayette CO to KS. They took the long way that's for certain!

Fiji, will you be seeing Bob in July?

26th April 2007 04:14 PM
Martha Shit part of that post got deleted. I'm still not computer literate. Drat!
26th April 2007 05:16 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Martha wrote:

Welcome sorry you didn't get the card though. I'd love to know where the hell that card spent those wintery months. Lafayette CO to KS. They took the long way that's for certain!

Fiji, will you be seeing Bob in July?

Does it say address unknown or not at this address?

With the latter scenario, we can blame the homeowners for not dropping it back in the box...with the first scenario, that would be square on the post office

26th April 2007 05:18 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

Oh, Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji ) , you BAD !!!!!!!!

Oh Joey...how can I say this without making your momma cry?

26th April 2007 05:27 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Oh Joey...how can I say this without making your momma cry?

" Feej Got a Hit !!!! "

" We got our folks together
We broke down barriers
We found a dream to dream
We were the carriers

We got rich and famous
Papers at our door
We talked a load of crap
They just wanted more

Feej got a hit
(good good news, Feej got a hit)
Feej got a hit
Feej got a hit
Feej got a hit
(good good news, Feej...)
(Feej got a hit)

Feej got a hit
Feej got a hit
Ooh Feej got a hit ..............

**** Young Joey now gets up from his desk and begins to dance in the aisles *****

We got our folks together
We broke down barriers
We found a dream to dream
We were the carriers
We were the carriers

Feej got a hit
Feej got a hit
Feej got a hit
Feej got a hit
(good good news, Feej...)
(Feej got a hit)
................................HIT ! "

{ young Joey now hunched over , looking at his monitor abd giggling to himself }

The Joey ! : Absolute of Post !
26th April 2007 06:26 PM
Martha
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Does it say address unknown or not at this address?

With the latter scenario, we can blame the homeowners for not dropping it back in the box...with the first scenario, that would be square on the post office

It's stamped in red ( I addressed the card in green for the Holiday) with the hand pointing a finger (back to CO) stating: NOT DELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED, UNABLE TO FORWARD.

End of transmission...............
26th April 2007 06:33 PM
Nellcote My only complaint with the Clarkson/Beck number is that the demographic person who watches Idol skews 11-30, most of whom kill for Clarkson, but probably ask, who is that old dude on guitar? If only Beck was allowed to rip off a hot solo, then it would've been, "Jesus, who is this guy?", then Beck probably would've got some decent pub. This was not about Beck, it was about Clarkson, the 1st Idol winner, who's won a Grammy, who, as my daughter pointed out, had the wrong outfit on, making her look heavier than she is. As Tony Soprano would say, "all in all, not a bad visit"...
26th April 2007 06:51 PM
fireontheplatter blow by blow....a great jeff beck record.
27th April 2007 07:53 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
My only complaint with the Clarkson/Beck number is that the demographic person who watches Idol skews 11-30, most of whom kill for Clarkson, but probably ask, who is that old dude on guitar? If only Beck was allowed to rip off a hot solo, then it would've been, "Jesus, who is this guy?", then Beck probably would've got some decent pub.

So he just played rythm and fills ?! Too bad, saw him in SF in 2001 he ripped the theater apart, this guy is a genius, and as many geniuses never got the recognition he deserved. He did shoot himself in the foot a few times too...
27th April 2007 08:40 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

So he just played rythm and fills ?! Too bad, saw him in SF in 2001 he ripped the theater apart, this guy is a genius, and as many geniuses never got the recognition he deserved. He did shoot himself in the foot a few times too...

The three albums and tours since 1999 have been mindblowing powerful stuff. A lot of it is Industrial stuff, which is usually kind of boring but put Jeff Beck's cruching riffs and amazing leads on top of it and you've got something special.
27th April 2007 09:44 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

The three albums and tours since 1999 have been mindblowing powerful stuff. A lot of it is Industrial stuff, which is usually kind of boring but put Jeff Beck's cruching riffs and amazing leads on top of it and you've got something special.

There you are ...........................

Ahem !!!!!! ........ AHEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M- M- M- ..... Material ?!

|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
27th April 2007 01:35 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Joey wrote:

There you are ...........................

Joseph?

27th April 2007 02:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

The Republican Party is in great shape for the upcoming 2008 elections and shows no signs of splitting apart over the War in Vietnam ( Whoops , I mean in Iraq )

************* SIGH ***********************

28th April 2007 07:52 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Three albums ? Blimey, I'm missing one, got "Who Else", "You Had It Coming", what's the third one ?
28th April 2007 08:02 PM
gotdablouse Found it http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:axfoxqealdde

Darn, looks like it's even better than the other two !

Mick didn't use Jeff very well on his 85 and 87 albums, not to mention the argument about money that had Jeff leave the 87 rehearsals...That tour would probably have generated more interest with Beck than with Satriani who couldn't pass as more than a hired hand.

Beck really shines on Waters' "Amused to Death" though and apparently he was in a good mood as Rog' let him drive his sports cars, notably that old BMW supercar, the Z1 I think.
28th April 2007 08:07 PM
mojoman
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Three albums ? Blimey, I'm missing one, got "Who Else", "You Had It Coming", what's the third one ?

JEFF(2003)
28th April 2007 08:22 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

The latest one, "Jeff". 2004 and think?

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)