ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Doris Richards Funeral - 1 May 2007
© Matrix with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jeff Beck on "Idol" Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th April 2007 09:24 PM
Throwaway On Fox right now. I only watch b/c my mother is.. i promise
25th April 2007 09:49 PM
Fiji Joe Jeff Beck has humilitated himself once again

25th April 2007 09:58 PM
Throwaway Kelly Clarkson???? Bad, but not much worse than playing on the song "Just Another Night"
25th April 2007 10:15 PM
Throwaway From a 1989 interview-

Jeff Beck: I’ve heard four tracks off the Stones’ album (Steel Wheels) and it’s really something. If they’re gonna come out with material like that, then hallelujah. If it had been a naff (bad) album, then I would have said for sure they’re doing it just for the money. People want to see them all up there on the stage; they don’t want to see Mick or Keith on their own in some yuppified, designer rock outfit. They want to see The Rolling Stones rolling.

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/002562.html
25th April 2007 10:19 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
From a 1989 interview-

Jeff Beck: I’ve heard four tracks off the Stones’ album (Steel Wheels) and it’s really something. If they’re gonna come out with material like that, then hallelujah. If it had been a naff (bad) album, then I would have said for sure they’re doing it just for the money. People want to see them all up there on the stage; they don’t want to see Mick or Keith on their own in some yuppified, designer rock outfit. They want to see The Rolling Stones rolling.

Wasn't that interview piece used in one of those "this is your brain on drugs" commericals back in the day?
25th April 2007 10:22 PM
voodoopug Jeff Beck does not play well with others
25th April 2007 10:27 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Wasn't that interview piece used in one of those "this is your brain on drugs" commercials back in the day?

LOL the late 80s were not kind to the Stones musically

Yeah Voodoo JB seems like he's either antisocial or jus a grade A dickhead.
25th April 2007 10:38 PM
duck Jeff Beck - Wired
25th April 2007 11:08 PM
fna69 90% of the AI viewers probably had no clue who that guy was. They just think Kelly got a new guitarist.
25th April 2007 11:24 PM
ExileIzzy Did anyone see the Elvis performance?
25th April 2007 11:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
ExileIzzy wrote:
Did anyone see the Elvis performance?

costello?
26th April 2007 12:36 AM
ExileIzzy
quote:
mojoman wrote:

costello?

Presley
26th April 2007 01:24 AM
mojoman
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

Yeah Voodoo JB seems like he's either antisocial or jus a grade A dickhead.

a and b and
c=genius

26th April 2007 04:01 AM
ExileIzzy
26th April 2007 04:21 AM
pdog Why is Elvis singing with a dead person?
26th April 2007 04:22 AM
ExileIzzy
quote:
pdog wrote:
Why is Elvis singing with a dead person?

lol
26th April 2007 04:58 AM
Zack
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
From a 1989 interview-

Steel Wheels was pretty well received back in 1989. I remember Jerry Garcia calling it a "damn good album." Rolling Stone gave it four stars. Apparently, it has not aged well.
26th April 2007 06:15 AM
LadyJane Am I the only one who found the Celine/Elvis duet extremely creepy???

LJ.
26th April 2007 06:21 AM
Nellcote Creepy, shallow, yes indeed.
It looked like the right side of Elvis head had been trimmed. Doesn't the Presley estate have enough bling, that they do not need to authorize stuff like that?
I've no problem with Jeff Beck being there, other than he was not let loose to fly, seemed a bit restrained.
26th April 2007 07:16 AM
lotsajizz Peter--Why in God's name are you watching that tripe instead of Remy and Ursillo over on NESN?!?!?

26th April 2007 07:23 AM
Nellcote Coming from someone who does not have cable, did you see the light? This is what remotes are for! I have to capitulate to my youngest while she was awake. How about that loser 'birds broadcaster Gary Thorne? Although, it seems to be coming out that Mirabelli may have said this in jest at some point.....
26th April 2007 09:20 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Zack wrote:

Steel Wheels was pretty well received back in 1989. I remember Jerry Garcia calling it a "damn good album." Rolling Stone gave it four stars. Apparently, it has not aged well.

All the action on "Steel Wheels" is on side 2.
26th April 2007 10:52 AM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Am I the only one who found the Celine/Elvis duet extremely creepy???

LJ.

Hell no.

Egads! I find the entire show's concept to be extremely creepy ( and boring). I never watch any of this stuff. I can't understand why people watch at all.

Why Joey Why?

xxoo,

Martha
26th April 2007 10:58 AM
Throwaway Creepy and unnecessary...well given that Bono showed up on the episode, they must have been thinkin "all out" with the guests. Singing an Elvis song is cool. Superimposing him cerca 68 is not.
26th April 2007 11:09 AM
BILL PERKS
26th April 2007 11:29 AM
mojoman
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

spinal tap?
26th April 2007 11:33 AM
mojoman
quote:
Zack wrote:

jerry was so fuckin high nasa was trackin him. maybe jerry wanted a compliment from keith for the deads 89 release built to last. i have mixed emotions about that disc.
26th April 2007 12:16 PM
glencar Steel Wheels has aged worse than Pam Anderson!
26th April 2007 12:37 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Peter--Why in God's name are you watching that tripe instead of Remy and Ursillo over on NESN?!?!?

Is it true that the blood on your underwear was not real blood?...but really paint?
26th April 2007 12:45 PM
lotsajizz and what do Royals' pitchers wear?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)