ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin Legends To Perform Together Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th April 2006 10:09 PM
Riffhard
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

You meatball - Bonham was the one that started that whole double bass drum style with just a single bass drum and a snare...

Go back to school, newbie...

Damn! Trying to bring it right down to a personal level are we? Look dude I just mentioned a quote from Keith! I didn't say it Keith did! Is he a newbie too? Keith was refering to Bonham playing a double bass kit which he very rarely ever did.

Where the hell do you get off calling me a newbie anyway? I've been here considerably longer than you have,and I'd be more than willing to bet that I have seen and met many more professional well respected musicians than you have or ever will. Newbie? Hardly.

Riffy

27th April 2006 10:50 PM
pdog
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

You meatball - Bonham was the one that started that whole double bass drum style with just a single bass drum and a snare...

Go back to school, newbie...

How does one start a double drum style using one drum? Please explain this, it makes no sense at all.
[Edited by pdog]
27th April 2006 11:00 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

How does one start a double drum movement using one drum? Please explain this, it makes no sense at all.

Oh shut the hell up newbie! If anchoman says he started the double bass drum movement with one bass drum and a snare who the hell are you to question him?! It's also a well known fact that Page started the whole multi-necked guitar movement by playing his Les Paul with a violin bow! If you didn't know that then you're a fuggin newbie!

Riffy
27th April 2006 11:04 PM
pdog If I didn't come here and read the boards I wouldn't know anything about music.
I'm new and retarded, that's my selling point!
28th April 2006 02:33 AM
Zack Ah, the great Moonie vs. Bonzo debate!

Don't let the bastards get you down, Riffy. It's Moon by a mile.

I have to disagree on Page vs. Beck though. Beck is too, what's the word - industrial - while nobody plays as fluidly and effortlessly as Page. Watching the Zep DVD, you get to thinking he, er, sold his soul to the devil to play that well.
28th April 2006 08:17 AM
theanchorman I'm not going to sit here and defend Bonham - the guy was one of a kind...He was a drummers' drummer.

In terms of Moonie - I never cared for him. Remember when Ian Stewart said the Who were always held back musically speaking due to their horrible drummer? I don't know if I'd go that far - but he was never in Bonham's league IMO

28th April 2006 08:40 AM
justforyou
quote:
Zack wrote:
I have to disagree on Page vs. Beck though. Beck is too, what's the word - industrial - while nobody plays as fluidly and effortlessly as Page. Watching the Zep DVD, you get to thinking he, er, sold his soul to the devil to play that well.

Looking at the two trading solo's on Tulsa Time from the ARMS concert, Beck is more dazzling while Page blasts his way through (Page's second solo is rather weak, but ends strong).
28th April 2006 09:47 AM
Jumping Jack Man for man the Who was better than Zep, and their shows were far superior. That said, Zep did write many great songs, perhaps more than The Who.
28th April 2006 09:52 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Man for man the Who was better than Zep, and their shows were far superior.

Especially lead singer to lead singer.
28th April 2006 11:54 AM
pdog I've heard many Zep and Who bootlegs. Zep wasn't that great live, compared to The Who or The Stones. Zeps strength was in the studio, and being played in parking lots by potheads and retards who only knew how to play air guitar.
Bonhams drumming maybe be well liked, but if we are going to really compare him to Moon, it would have to come down to technical ability. Moon played faster than anyone, ever had before. That is proven, he was the hummingbird of drummers. He hit his drums correctly while doing so too.
Bonham hit the drums hard. Having heard many Zep bootlegs, I find his drumming slow, and he didn't play well with jones who was an incredibly talented bass player.
Moon on the other hand, with The Ox, were a very tight rhythm section, so tight they lead the band, unlike most drummers and bass players who provide a back end.
There's no debate for me, it's in my ears and I trust my ears. I stopped listening to Zep over 25 years ago. I still dig The Who today.
28th April 2006 12:08 PM
jb I like about 4 of their songs..
28th April 2006 12:10 PM
pdog That's 4 more than me...
28th April 2006 12:31 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
That's 4 more than me...

1)In the evening
2)All of my love
3)dazed and confused
4)Something from Zep 1? about a Lemon Squeezer?
28th April 2006 01:45 PM
pdog Jb, you're humiliating us. All Of My Love... My god. Please tell me this song has some great romantic memory attached to it, otherwise you need to go to a Doctor, to get the bad taste removed!
28th April 2006 02:01 PM
Dan I haven't listened regularly to Zeppelin since around 9th or 10th grade though I still occassionally spin my Presence record - I love that one and can see why it went over everyone's head back in the day. Think I might break it out again this weekend.
28th April 2006 02:03 PM
pdog My friend She Rat uses Led Zeppelin Presence, a few bong hit and her sexuality to destroy men. The only good thing I've heard about Zeppelin since Bonham died!
28th April 2006 02:07 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
My friend She Rat uses Led Zeppelin Presence, a few bong hit and her sexuality to destroy men. The only good thing I've heard about Zeppelin since Bonham died!

I will be looking her up at the next get together. Maybe sooner.
28th April 2006 02:52 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Dan wrote:
I haven't listened regularly to Zeppelin since around 9th or 10th grade though I still occassionally spin my Presence record - I love that one and can see why it went over everyone's head back in the day.

Because it was a new era.
28th April 2006 04:40 PM
ExileInLA Is this really going to be any differnt than what the Stones are offering us right now?

No way.

They will be just as bad.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)