ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UK Channel 4 Top 100 albums Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 22nd, 2005 06:33 AM
Zack JJ, what are you listing songs for? This is an album poll.

I think clearly the strongest albums Clapton has been associated with are Layla and Disraeli Gears. I think both of those are worthy of a top 100 list.

Personally, I own 52 of 100 on the list.

I too don't get the fuss over OK Computer. I have it but can't really sit through it. The Bends either, for that matter.
April 22nd, 2005 06:35 AM
Zack Sorry JJ, now I get it. You listed the songs on the Cream of Clapton CD. Compilations don't count though.
April 22nd, 2005 08:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Gazza,

Hard to pick just one, so I'll go with The Cream of EC:
1 I Feel Free - (with Cream)
2 Sunshine Of Your Love - (with Cream)
3 White Room - (with Cream)
4 Crossroads - (with Cream)
5 Badge - (with Cream)
6 Presence Of The Lord - (with Blind Faith)
7 Blues Power
8 After Midnight
9 Let It Rain
10 Bell Bottom Blues - (with Derek & The Dominos)
11 Layla - (with Derek & The Dominos)
12 I Shot The Sheriff
13 Let It Grow
14 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
15 Hello Old Friend
16 Cocaine
17 Wonderful Tonight
18 Promises
19 I Can't Stand It

as Zack said, compilations dont count.

with the greatest respect to your taste and anyone else's (and I'm a Clapton fan myself), I think you'd find it hard to find too many people anywhere who would choose any Eric Clapton studio album as the greatest album ever made.
April 22nd, 2005 09:24 AM
Jumping Jack To each their own, but Disraeli Gears & Layla to name 2 are far better than anything Radiohead or Oasis ever did IMHO.
April 22nd, 2005 09:28 AM
Gazza I agree with you, but people are being asked to pick their best album EVER - just one.

do you think either of those albums is the best record ever made?

I just dont think many people would say that they were. As most people questioned were under 30, not too many are going to pick something from 1967 or 1970
[Edited by Gazza]
April 22nd, 2005 09:50 AM
Jumping Jack I think both belong on the top 100 along with:

Allman Bros – Eat a Peach
CCR – Cosmo’s Factory
Deep Purple – Machine Head
ELP – Brain Salad Surgery
Billy Joel – Stranger
Lynyrd Skynyrd – Pronounced
Santana – Abraxas
Van Halen – Van Halen 1
SRV – Texas Flood
ZZ Top – Tres Hombres

My 2 cents for what it's worth. IMHO there is a lot of trendy crap on the list, but that's just my taste. :-)
April 23rd, 2005 05:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man I watched the last hour or so of this programe and I could pretty much predict the order of the albums!

The choices are a sign of the times and peoples opinions change all the time. The list will be different next time around and with Chanel 4's obsesion with top 100 lists, it won't be long 'till we get something similar again!

Exile On Main Street made the top 50, so why are people bitching about it? A lot must of voted for it to get there.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour