ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For jb & joey (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
April 9th, 2004 08:45 PM
gypsy 8 APRIL 2004
Paul McCartney's wife Heather Mills is to appear in a new advertising campaign in the United States in an effort to curb the number of deaths on the roads.

The human rights campaigner is all too familiar with the terrible price of traffic accidents after losing her leg as the result of being hit by a police motorcycle in 1993. And 20 years previously her mother likewise had to have a leg amputated after a collision.

Heather is hoping her participation will help boost the World Health Organisation's new campaign to make roads safer. In the advertisements she appears without her prosthetic limb, in order to draw attention to the dangers of careless driving.

"It took one human error to take my leg and one human error to take my mother's," she says. "You really can fix this. It's just about more awareness."

According to the WHO, 1.2 million people die in road accidents each year, a figure that could rise to 2.3 million by 2020.
April 9th, 2004 08:47 PM
gypsy Okay. I didn't know her mom's leg was amputated too. What are the odds of that? Nanky? Come on...surely you can dig up something on this. So, what are little Beatrice's chances of losing a limb?
April 9th, 2004 09:41 PM
Gazza >According to the WHO, 1.2 million people die in road accidents each year, a figure that could rise to 2.3 million by 2020.

wow...that guy Townshend knows everything!

"Going Mobile", Ronnie!! beep beep!
April 9th, 2004 11:23 PM
gypsy I know...I love that it's the "WHO"...made me think of Joey.
April 10th, 2004 03:51 AM
beer i think it was very heartfelt and sweet that John Cougar Mellancamp wrote a song bout her. GeT a leg up! yeah, yeah!

Don't look at me, don't touch me
Keep your mind straight ahead
Don't get no funny ideas about me
Or you'll wish that you were dead
That's what I'm thinking she must be thinking
The girl I spent 53 bucks on last night
She gives me a look from the corner of her eye
That says, Boy, keep acting right.
How surprised was I
When she leaned over and whispered in my ear

Get a leg up
Get a leg over boy
Get a lef up
What's the matter
Are you shy, shy, shy?

I'm pretty good with first impressions
But sometimes I'm not always right
I pulled the car to the shoulder of the road
To see what she had in mind
Want me to spend the night
Hey lover boy you know I will
And my best girlfriend down the road
Together we will thrill ya
And I'm thining to myself
I could be lucky Pierre tonight

If I could get a leg up
If I could get a leg over boy
You know I ain't that handsome
But you know I ain't shy, shy, shy

The rest of the night went on and on
And the moral to this song
Don't go making hasty judgments
Because sometimes they could be wrong
Nothing wrong with a good time
Just keep yourself protected, make a list
And you can bet your life that the women don't know
The little girrls are acting like this
So the next time a young one moves up
And she whispers in your ear

Get a leg up
Get a leg over boy
Get a leg up
Now don't you be shy, shy, shy

April 12th, 2004 12:32 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I know...I love that it's the "WHO"...made me think of Joey.

From the Chairman :

" I remember John only as a great genius of the bass guitar. A true innovator who was still able to astound me with his dexterity and invention. Probably he was a better musician than I will ever be. I also genuinely loved him, he was a supporter and proper friend of mine from the age of 13. We first met even earlier than that. He was funny, generous and caring. We shared a great passion for dogs.

John, typically in very few words, thanked me lovingly recently for allowing him his dignity back by touring with the Who - the one place he really truly shone. I think in 1982 John was as relieved as I was that the Who were going to stop. He very much enjoyed working with his own band, and was always the most sociable and accessible member of the Who, he loved to mix with people and talk. However, recently all of us who worked with him, but who were unfortunately not close to him day by day were worried about his health. He was truly a very quiet and secretive man and none of us were entirely sure what was going on. It has emerged since his death that several people very close to John fought hard to help him - as I felt I did by touring with him. We are all still deeply shocked by our loss, and I think I can speak for many of us when I say that we are angry too. But it is an aimless and probably quite futile anger. For a while I was even angry with the Las Vegas hotel chain in which he died! I had to apologise to them too.

I am sorry this stuff keeps rearing its ugly head. Jimi Hendrix, Peter Meadon, Kit Lambert, Keith Moon, the Cincinnati Eleven, John Entwistle. I suppose we have to accept that everyone has to die in the end, but in every one of the cases above I have at some point said things in pain that I have later regretted.

John was a celebrity. He is still celebrated, and in and around the Who, as long as Roger and I continue to work under the Who name, he will be honoured. "

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=85&zone=diary

Jo Jo Bean !

April 12th, 2004 12:38 PM
telecaster I STILL can't believe Paul and this chick had a CASH bar at their party for the announcment of their engagement.

The interest from the principal he inherited from Linda alone ($350 Mill US) would have paid for 1000 parties that day

And that's another thing. Why doesn't joey ever pick up a tab when we go out? What is with the alligator arms?
April 12th, 2004 12:45 PM
Joey " And that's another thing. Why doesn't joey ever pick up a tab when we go out? What is with the alligator arms? "

You make Joey say , Huh ?!?!?!

For Gypsy :

I call you on the telephone my voice too rough with cigarettes.
I sometimes think I should just go home but I'm dealing with a memory
that never forgets ;
I love to hear you say my name -- especially when you say YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got your body right now on my mind but I've drunk myself blind to the
sounds of " Old T-Rex " ........................
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!
The sweet sounds ............. of " Old T-Rex " ....................... AND ........... " Who's Next " ?!?!?!

D.J. Jercee Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !

April 12th, 2004 02:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Taking advantage of a thread with a name "For jb & joey (nsc)" I want to tell you both that I have received many complaints about the way you flood the board with emoticons, off-topics and irrelavant comments. So please consider those comments
April 12th, 2004 02:04 PM
glencar None of that bothers me. It's those damned Who lyrics I'd like to see dropped.
April 12th, 2004 02:07 PM
jb [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Taking advantage of a thread with a name "For jb & joey (nsc)" I want to tell you both that I have received many complaints about the way you flood the board with emoticons, off-topics and irrelavant comments. So please consider those comments
[/quote

Vodoo, can you please identify those who have submitted formal complaints?
April 12th, 2004 02:08 PM
glencar Bye bye Joshy. See ya at Doug's.
April 12th, 2004 02:11 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bye bye Joshy. See ya at Doug's.

They must be the same wimps who e-mail Keno.

April 12th, 2004 02:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl They were 4 or 5 different regulars, of course I cannot mention them neither here nor in private. I am just telling you this to you in order to consider that.

In my particular point of view I think that sometimes you switch the subject of one thread to a completly off-topic subject, and that sometimes the emoticons are funny but sometimes not
April 12th, 2004 02:24 PM
jb I can't believe "regulars" who know Joey and I would do something like that...I am sorry they bothered you over such nonsense....You must have had to act concerned while thinking what "total losers" these whinners are. On behalf of Joey and Myself, I want to thank you again for your unwavering support of our contributuions to the board.

April 12th, 2004 02:27 PM
glencar Joshy, I haven't emailed him. But I might if the Who lyrics don't stop. That's my position & it's non-negotiable.
April 12th, 2004 02:29 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, I haven't emailed him. But I might if the Who lyrics don't stop. That's my position & it's non-negotiable.

I did not think you were the type to go whinning to the administrators....you say what's on your mind directly to us.
April 12th, 2004 03:59 PM
Joey " They were 4 or 5 different regulars, of course I cannot mention them "

It is Absolutely Unbelievable that those four or five would do such a thing , especially when all The Joshy and The Joey do is LOVE !!!!

" sometimes the emoticons are funny but sometimes not "

April 12th, 2004 04:00 PM
Joey " Joshy, I haven't emailed him. But I might if the Who lyrics don't stop. That's my position & it's non-negotiable. "

You make young Joe Boy very sad.
April 12th, 2004 04:16 PM
jb
April 12th, 2004 04:18 PM
Joey

Where's that sharp knife that was lying around here ?!?!

Where's me Heminevrin ?!?!?!

Developing ..........................................

For Stoney : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

The Joey , Established 1999 ( The Keith Moon of Posters )
April 12th, 2004 04:18 PM
jb
April 12th, 2004 04:23 PM
Joey

April 12th, 2004 04:24 PM
jb
April 12th, 2004 04:27 PM
Joey

April 13th, 2004 01:11 AM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
Taking advantage of a thread with a name "For jb & joey (nsc)" I want to tell you both that I have received many complaints about the way you flood the board with emoticons, off-topics and irrelavant comments. So please consider those comments
Oh... I have to edit my post... lol...... (MY DECISION!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P)... Anyways, I am SORRY, Gerardo, but anyone who COMPLAINS about the things that Joey and jb post together has a SERIOUS POLE UP THEIR ASS(ES)!!! TAKE OUT POLE, INSERT LIFE AND LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP, OK.?!?!?! Those two together are, IMHO, the most light-hearted and hilarious people here when they get going!!! Gazza and jb together are funny, also... You just don't want to get jb alone... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Just kidding, jb!!!

*** Martha *** :P

P.S. (And, this post is aimed at those people who complained... Not at you, Gerardo... It's funny... It just seems like most people never seem to grow-up after high school... Or, should I say out of diapers?!?!?! And, have serious sense of humor bypasses, also!!!! JESUS!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: WhatEVER!!! lol.... :P )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
April 13th, 2004 01:39 AM
MarthaMyDear P.P.S. (
lol.............. :P lol...... :P )
April 13th, 2004 01:49 AM
Bloozehound
April 13th, 2004 02:33 AM
MarthaMyDear

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

lol.......... LAUGHING!!!!!! :P Jeze... lol.......... :P lol........

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
April 13th, 2004 03:06 AM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
I can't believe "regulars" who know Joey and I would do something like that...I am sorry they bothered you over such nonsense....You must have had to act concerned while thinking what "total losers" these whinners are. On behalf of Joey and Myself, I want to thank you again for your unwavering support of our contributuions to the board.
SERIOUSLY DYING, HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P PRICELESS!!! lol...........

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5