ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why Don't The Stones Open The Vaults? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
13th April 2007 03:59 PM
gimmekeef Maybe they should just dust off some of these gems and play around with the riffs....like the reggae version of SMU that they had in vault for years.....But it has to stem from a surge of creativity and interest that no longer drives them...or many of us...From Keiths lack of a new signature riff to Micks lame lyrics...Its All Over Now
13th April 2007 08:42 PM
Some Guy dudes are old...
14th April 2007 02:32 AM
marko Beacause guys are boring old farts,whos living inside their
own small bubble.
And because,it isnīt relevant anymore.Only relevant thing is,that they still are a band,which kind dinosaurs are
soon died on extinction.
14th April 2007 08:45 AM
fireontheplatter most anything would be fine with me, just so long as it doesn't sound anyways near like..anyway you look at it.

there are still officially released stones songs i have not heard. i have not sat and listened to...the london years. i have read the song list at barns and noble and am like wow, that sounds good, but the hefty 50 dollar price tag sure doesn't.
there is still time for me, and besides it gives me something to look forward to.
14th April 2007 03:25 PM
Let It Bleed Is Keith on record saying he's against putting out the unreleased stuff?
[Edited by Let It Bleed]
14th April 2007 08:32 PM
gotdablouse Keith was on record in Uncut around 2002 (or was it 2003) that the Stones didn't need to record any more new material. I guess he was talking for himseld and hadn't planned on Mick's energy...

Catching up with this thread, I guess the topic's been beaten to deaf, but always interesting to revisit ;-)

As for dusting off unreleased songs, that's what Mick did for "So Young" (and a reported 5 others, he confirmed "Fiji Jim" in an AOL interview I can't track down) in December '93 at the Record Plant in NYC when Virgin were apparently planning on adding bonus tracks to the back catalogue they had just acquired. The results were pretty good, although "So Young" was one of the more finished tracks in the vaults we've been privvy too to start with.

Yes, I doubt there is "Blind Willie McTell" in there, so why bother. As far as they are concerned their time is better spent on milking the fans on these abominable stadium shows. Except for Mick I guess who still has it in him to release new music, every 2/3 years. Kudos to him for that and all the rest.
16th April 2007 10:18 AM
corgi37 Well, whatever the reason and whoever is to blame, releasing 4 songs in 8 years is disgraceful.
16th April 2007 10:51 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Well, whatever the reason and whoever is to blame, releasing 4 songs in 8 years is disgraceful.

Indeed..and the new material on 40 licks was really bad.
16th April 2007 10:53 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

As for dusting off unreleased songs, that's what Mick did for "So Young" (and a reported 5 others, he confirmed "Fiji Jim" in an AOL interview I can't track down) in December '93 at the Record Plant in NYC when Virgin were apparently planning on adding bonus tracks to the back catalogue they had just acquired.

Interesting. Didn't know that.
16th April 2007 10:55 AM
glencar Box set when it's all over.
16th April 2007 12:50 PM
Saint Sway I know someone who could help us get into the vaults...

16th April 2007 01:10 PM
Mel Belli "Let's Rob the Stones' Vault"!
16th April 2007 02:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
"Let's Rob the Stones' Vault"!

(from Left to Right): Mel Belli, Moonie, Pdog, Gazza, Gypsy and Joey.
16th April 2007 03:19 PM
juggsy I think what's in the vault is for Mick's retirement. Once the money stops rolling in from tours and live boxsets, we'll see them tap that. Although there might not be as much in there as some might hope.
16th April 2007 03:30 PM
jb
quote:
juggsy wrote:
I think what's in the vault is for Mick's retirement. Once the money stops rolling in from tours and live boxsets, we'll see them tap that. Although there might not be as much in there as some might hope.

quite right...if they had anything that great unreleased, we would not have gotten those 4 dreadful songs on 40 Licks..
16th April 2007 06:52 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

(from Left to Right): Mel Belli, Moonie, Pdog, Gazza, Gypsy and Joey.

Thanks for giving me the role of Loquacious Dork!
17th April 2007 10:45 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Thanks for giving me the role of Loquacious Dork!

you're welcome!

I guess I should of made him 10K Motels. He's sort of the RO Intern here anyway, running around getting us news clippings.
17th April 2007 10:46 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you're welcome!

I guess I should of made him 10K Motels. He's sort of the RO Intern here anyway, running around getting us news clippings.

I've got a Lexus-Nexis account, so there's plenty of press-clipping geekery on my end, too.
18th April 2007 10:17 AM
glencar Yes but your clips are somewhat interesting...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)