ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Uri Geller
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Horrific New Zealand Sales!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
13th April 2006 12:05 PM
Break The Spell Well, he did say Vancouver was a stretch anyway.
13th April 2006 12:05 PM
glencar No shit!
14th April 2006 07:28 AM
corgi37 Fucking Yanks, always thinking you are number 1.

Well, Iran and Nth Korea have some plans for you guys! You can take you perfect teeth, reality shows, plastic celebrities, checked pants, Cadillacs, dodgy ex-actor turned politicians and have a ball in the gulags and re-education camps where, no doubt, you will all one day be.

But, dont despair. When the U.N. runs a charity for you guys, i will donate some moola. Gonna be funny seeing blue helmeted U.N soldiers handing out food parcels in Times Square or Kalamazoo.

And, when armageddon does strike America, you dont think the Bush's will be around to share the pain?

Noooooooo.

They'll be in Bahrain with Wacko Jacko whooping it up and eating caviar and truffles and drinking Moet from hookers stilletto's.
14th April 2006 09:56 AM
TampabayStone Homer is a Yank!
14th April 2006 10:39 AM
Jumping Jack Yes, you should use Paul Hogan the croc wrestling fool from down under as your avatar. Slip another shrimp on the barbie mate and pop open another South African Fosters while ponding the contibutions Oz had made to the world.
14th April 2006 10:47 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Fucking Yanks, always thinking you are number 1.

Well, Iran and Nth Korea have some plans for you guys! You can take you perfect teeth, reality shows, plastic celebrities, checked pants, Cadillacs, dodgy ex-actor turned politicians and have a ball in the gulags and re-education camps where, no doubt, you will all one day be.

But, dont despair. When the U.N. runs a charity for you guys, i will donate some moola. Gonna be funny seeing blue helmeted U.N soldiers handing out food parcels in Times Square or Kalamazoo.

And, when armageddon does strike America, you dont think the Bush's will be around to share the pain?

Noooooooo.

They'll be in Bahrain with Wacko Jacko whooping it up and eating caviar and truffles and drinking Moet from hookers stilletto's.

Anyway, we were able to fill up the stadium and only 2k tickets remianed....58k is pretty good!! Thank you Corgi37!!!
14th April 2006 10:50 AM
nanatod "while ponding the contibutions Oz had made to the world."

AC/DC
The Saints
Divinyls
The Limespiders (opened for Public Image Limited)
The Screaming Tribesmen (opened for UB40)
Yothu Yindi
Midnight Oil
INXS
The Cannanes
The Church
Colin Hay
Kasey Chambers
Crowded House
The BeeGees (only because they played Atlantic Records 40th anniversary show at MSG)
Paul Kelly
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

(I've only listed Australian acts who I've seen live during their tour or tours of the U.S.)

[Edited by nanatod]
14th April 2006 11:03 AM
jb
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"while ponding the contibutions Oz had made to the world."

AC/DC
The Saints
Divinyls
The Limespiders
The Screaming Tribesmen
Yothu Yindi
Midnight Oil
INXS
The Cannanes
The Church
Colin Hay
Kasey Chambers
Crowded House
The BeeGees
Paul Kelly

(I've only listed Australian acts who I've seen live during their tour or tours of the U.S.)

[Edited by nanatod]

Nice list!!!!!!!!!!!
14th April 2006 11:10 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
nanatod wrote:

AC/DC
The Saints
Divinyls
The Limespiders
The Screaming Tribesmen
Yothu Yindi
Midnight Oil
INXS
The Cannanes
The Church
Colin Hay
Kasey Chambers
Crowded House
The BeeGees
Paul Kelly

[Edited by nanatod]

Dont forget the Hoodoo Gurus!!
14th April 2006 11:12 AM
voodoopug the stadium would have looked like this if it wasnt for Jake Cohls last minute papering:

14th April 2006 11:14 AM
nanatod
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Dont forget the Hoodoo Gurus!!

Never seen them live, Jumacfly. Plus, I don't fly over water, so they'd have to tour again in the U.S.
14th April 2006 11:23 AM
jb Any Jews downunder?
14th April 2006 11:34 AM
nanatod
quote:
jb wrote:
Any Jews downunder?

According to the web, about 100,000. And, "two Jews have served as Governor-General, Sir Isaac Isaacs (1931–36) and Sir Zelman Cowen (1977–82)."
14th April 2006 11:49 AM
jb
quote:
nanatod wrote:

According to the web, about 100,000. And, "two Jews have served as Governor-General, Sir Isaac Isaacs (1931–36) and Sir Zelman Cowen (1977–82)."

Thanks.....................................><
14th April 2006 11:59 AM
glencar Geez, another thread about Oz? Shouldn't we stick to talking about NZ's awful sales record?
14th April 2006 05:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
nanatod wrote:

AC/DC
The Saints
Divinyls
The Limespiders (opened for Public Image Limited)
The Screaming Tribesmen (opened for UB40)
Yothu Yindi
Midnight Oil
INXS
The Cannanes
The Church
Colin Hay
Kasey Chambers
Crowded House
The BeeGees (only because they played Atlantic Records 40th anniversary show at MSG)
Paul Kelly

[Edited by nanatod]

Crowded House are Kiwis, not Aussies!
14th April 2006 05:55 PM
nanatod
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Crowded House are Kiwis, not Aussies!

I thought so too, but I looked it up, and two of the band members come from Australia.
14th April 2006 06:09 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:
Any Jews downunder?

____

Jews are a relative minority in OZ. Australia is yet another extension of the great Irish empire that rules the very world they in fact created!

We don't care for numbers or courtrooms though - so that is where our fine Jewish friends come in!

16th April 2006 10:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Very disapponting to see how poorly things are going right now....this is especially painful as we went out of our way to play here and this is the thanks we get="wide open" with massive dumps and sposor discounts....thanks for nothing....

The Stones have sold a total of 95,000 tickets for their two shows in New Zealand

A quite remarkable figure considering the shows were only put on sale about 5 weeks ago, had the highest ticket prices ever and took place in a country which despite being the size of the UK only has 4 million people (the UK has 60 million), 3 decent sized cities and no neighbouring countries for about a thousand miles.

Translate that into a US equivalent and thats akin to selling about 7 million tickets there.

2.5% of the population therefore appear to have bought Stones tickets. Per head of population, NZ could well be the biggest seller of the entire tour.

Hmmmm. Impeccably thought out research yet again
[Edited by Gazza]
16th April 2006 01:39 PM
voodoopug you have completely embarrassed Josh!

Thankfully the horrific setlist proves that the Stones wanted to just play the show and get the hell out of there.
16th April 2006 06:47 PM
PeerQueer It would appear JB's irrelevance has become irrelevant.

He has not been A-List since the Fall of 2004.

Pug, only you and Joey are left to keep the flame alive, though I fear the task may prove too much for each of you.

Time to join the U2 board - they have at least another decade of touring to go...
16th April 2006 10:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
It would appear JB's irrelevance has become irrelevant.

He has not been A-List since the Fall of 2004.

Pug, only you and Joey are left to keep the flame alive, though I fear the task may prove too much for each of you.

Time to join the U2 board - they have at least another decade of touring to go...

my pressence on a U2 board would be at the same level of realism as Fever Pitch 2 showing how the lead character became a Yankee Fan or Joey having normal bowell movements. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Thankfully, I have a long backlog of material and am at least 94 days from my material being as dry as P. Dillers cha cha.
16th April 2006 11:31 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

my pressence on a U2 board would be at the same level of realism as Fever Pitch 2 showing how the lead character became a Yankee Fan or Joey having normal bowell movements. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Thankfully, I have a long backlog of material and am at least 94 days from my material being as dry as P. Dillers cha cha.

Please note: Residuals are due Joey for the above post as it clearly borrows heavily from his back catalogue.

Please remit to Joey as soon as possible.

-PQ
17th April 2006 12:09 AM
corgi37 Lots of jews in Oz. Particularly, Melbourne. We corner the market here! Joseph Gutnik, son of a Rabbi, himself a Rabbi, has 11 children. He was responsible for Netanyhu getting into power a few years ago. How? He paid for the campaign. He's a multi-millionaire. Gutnik also built a large proportion of houses in the disputed areas. He is fanatical right-wing.

Gutniks father, a Rabbi in St.Kilda (where my folks come from and its the footy team i suport) was mainly famous for allowing a Jew footballer to play in the big Grand Final in 1966. We won too! Our only flag.

Jews are lovely people. Living in a large Jew area until i was 12, i hung around with many of them. Still havent been to a Jewish wedding and i am dying to go to one.

Same as everywhere, many Jewish people in finance, prop development, lawyers and amazingnly, heaps are 2nd hand traders or pawn dealers.

Jewish people have made a huge contribution to Melbourne society and history.

But, they are shocking drivers!

Neil Finn of Crowded House is Kiwi. The other 2 are Aussie. They roped in a Yank later on too.

Aussies also invented the black box flight recorder, helped develop the use of penicillan and made the 1st motion picture (Story of the cross).

Fosters is not South African. Its pure Melbourne beer. The Foster brothers came to Oz from the U.S. Like my ancestors did. No one, i repeat, NO ONE - but tourists - drink Fosters.

I now return you to our normal programming.

Fuck New Zealand and all who reside there!
17th April 2006 12:18 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Stones have sold a total of 95,000 tickets for their two shows in New Zealand

A quite remarkable figure considering the shows were only put on sale about 5 weeks ago, had the highest ticket prices ever and took place in a country which despite being the size of the UK only has 4 million people (the UK has 60 million), 3 decent sized cities and no neighbouring countries for about a thousand miles.

Translate that into a US equivalent and thats akin to selling about 7 million tickets there.

2.5% of the population therefore appear to have bought Stones tickets. Per head of population, NZ could well be the biggest seller of the entire tour.

Hmmmm. Impeccably thought out research yet again
[Edited by Gazza]

Joshy, you have been HUMILIATED!
17th April 2006 02:15 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:

Clearly JB's best days are far behind him...
17th April 2006 06:05 PM
time is on my side
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Clearly JB's best days are far behind him...

Who's JB????
17th April 2006 07:24 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

Who's JB????

-------------

Alas, the inevitable decline is near completed!

JB...once so proud, now reduced to a "Where are they now?" episode...
17th April 2006 07:35 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

____

Jews are a relative minority in OZ. Australia is yet another extension of the great Irish empire that rules the very world they in fact created!

We don't care for numbers or courtrooms though - so that is where our fine Jewish friends come in!

speak for yourself!! I am one mick lawyer

or is that mclawyer?

anyway...

OK now

cazart!
17th April 2006 07:43 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:

C'mon, it's NZ for chrissakes. What else do they have to do with themselves now that they can't pretend to be hobbits anymore?
[Edited by rasputin56]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)