ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Uri Geller
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Horrific New Zealand Sales!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11th April 2006 12:08 PM
jb Very disapponting to see how poorly things are going right now....this is especially painful as we went out of our way to play here and this is the thanks we get="wide open" with massive dumps and sposor discounts....thanks for nothing....
11th April 2006 12:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Very disapponting to see how poorly things are going right now....this is especially painful as we went out of our way to play here and this is the thanks we get="wide open" with massive dumps and sposor discounts....thanks for nothing....

dont be too upset....we knew of this long ago. you must understand...this is no MSG/Sunshine/Fenway/UC/Forum/Mexico City/etc.

we were lucky to scrape up 8K fans in China, we should be appreciative that our few remaining N.Z. fans are supporting this venture!
11th April 2006 12:24 PM
Break The Spell Disappointments continue indeed. One thing's for sure, since disappointments like these have kept going on over seas, this has secured us a return autumn tour that those of us who have been wise to save up some cash for a return autumn tour will be able to enjoy. It's not coming near me, so I'm prepared to be highway bound.
11th April 2006 12:39 PM
monkeyman62 dont worry, the stones are still laughing too the bank,
count on it
11th April 2006 12:44 PM
ListenToTheLion Maybe it's the time the Stones should think about retiring...
11th April 2006 01:01 PM
gimmekeef Can we wait until the show is over before we comment on attendance etc?...
11th April 2006 01:18 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Can we wait until the show is over before we comment on attendance etc?...

We must tell it like it is!!!
11th April 2006 01:26 PM
gimmekeef But it "isnt" yet!....lol
11th April 2006 01:40 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

the thanks we get="wide open" with massive dumps

******** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ***********

11th April 2006 01:42 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

All this talk of "wide-open" shows and no Paris Hilton pictures?? Come on Joey, don't let us down now.
11th April 2006 01:46 PM
Egbert
quote:
Joey wrote:

What took you so long?
11th April 2006 07:10 PM
Soldatti The shows will be sold out, with about 20-30% of free tickets to radios/corp.
11th April 2006 07:51 PM
IzzyStradlin Can't imagine why the sales of a totaly shitty album are so low. Hmmmmmmmm, that'a a tough one.

Idiot.
12th April 2006 09:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
Can't imagine why the sales of a totaly shitty album are so low. Hmmmmmmmm, that'a a tough one.

Idiot.

please allow us to be totally humiliated within our own ranks.
12th April 2006 09:56 PM
Steel Wheels Who cares about the N.Z. sales. All I give a shit about is the fucking music and how great A Bigger Bang is, how great they sounded in Philly, and when I'll see them again.

Everything else is horse turds next to the Rolling Stones.

[Edited by Steel Wheels]
13th April 2006 12:23 AM
corgi37 How do NZ get two stadium shows with total pop of around 3.5mill, and we get just 1 stadium show, pop around 20mill.

Oh, yeah, no available stadium in Melbourne. Fucking idiots we are.
13th April 2006 09:39 AM
glencar Howe badly have the NZ shows sold?
13th April 2006 10:31 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe badly have the NZ shows sold?

see Detroit..............
13th April 2006 10:36 AM
glencar Shocking!
13th April 2006 10:47 AM
Gazza I'm amazed that they think theres enough people in NZ to even attempt to fill one stadium, let alone two. Its not exactly densely populated, lets face it

Quite obvious from the start that with the short time they had to sell tickets plus the prices, a lot of 'papering' was going to be required...
13th April 2006 11:22 AM
jb The guarantees they are getting must be amazing....the stadium shows are much more costly than the arenas...but ev en with 30k , they can turn a profit. Are the NZ have been selling at 1/2 cost through a spomsor...
13th April 2006 11:26 AM
Break The Spell So I guess the set list on the second stadium show won't be that great, hopefully they won't be Shanghai'd!!
13th April 2006 11:28 AM
jb
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
So I guess the set list on the second stadium show won't be that great, hopefully they won't be Shanghai'd!!

Somehow, they are alwasyable to get it 3/4's filled or better..massive dumpings at the end..the real money is that 15k 300-450 dollar seats
13th April 2006 11:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'm amazed that they think theres enough people in NZ to even attempt to fill one stadium, let alone two. Its not exactly densely populated, lets face it

Quite obvious from the start that with the short time they had to sell tickets plus the prices, a lot of 'papering' was going to be required...

Agreed...there must have been a large guarantee (specialty of Cohl!)

This was an error....sadly there should only be shows in the US, Canada, and Mexico where they can turn larger profits. I suspect a list of about 8-11 qualifying cities would be best:

Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Toronto (although they let us down last time)
Mexico City
Chicago
Miami/Ft L.
Boston
Phily
NYC
Vancouver (this may be a stretch)
Atlanta
13th April 2006 11:31 AM
jb We can't alwasy predict the demand, but I agree, no shows outside of North and South America this time would have been prudent...this has been nothing less than an abortion as far as sales..thank god Cohl got some guarantees upfront.
13th April 2006 11:34 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I suspect a list of about 8-11 qualifying cities would be best:

Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Toronto (although they let us down last time)
Mexico City
Chicago
Miami/Ft L.
Boston
Phily
NYC
Vancouver (this may be a stretch)
Atlanta

I'd go with either the NYC or Chicago show, have never seen them in those towns, I always hear how great they are for a show. Boston in 2002 was one of the best Stones shows I ever saw.
13th April 2006 11:39 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I'd go with either the NYC or Chicago show, have never seen them in those towns, I always hear how great they are for a show. Boston in 2002 was one of the best Stones shows I ever saw.

Boston is one of the few "stones towns" left out there. I truly enjoyed seeing two shows in boston and greeting those pre screened individuals!
13th April 2006 11:41 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Boston is one of the few "stones towns" left out there. I truly enjoyed seeing two shows in boston and greeting those pre screened individuals!

I know, Bosotn is a blast for a Stones show, I'd almost like to go back their again coming up, but I'd also like to try out NYC and Chicago as well. Decisions...
13th April 2006 11:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
We can't alwasy predict the demand, but I agree, no shows outside of North and South America this time would have been prudent.

the irony of you scrambling around desperately to get London tickets seems to have passed you & Pug by!
13th April 2006 12:04 PM
glencar Vancouver? What the f***?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)