ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Photo by Annie Leibovitz, art by Woodywoodpecker
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dream Line up Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-15-03 07:17 PM
Mother baby
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
I'd go see that concert, the all-Macca lineup. They'd kill each other onstage to get a bigger share of the royalties!

That's funny!!!!!!

([Edited by Mother baby]
[Edited by Mother baby]
04-15-03 10:39 PM
BILL PERKS VOCALS-ROD STEWART
GUITAR-JEFF BECK
GUITAR-ANGUS YOUNG
GUITAR-SCOTTY MOORE
BASS- RON WOOD
DRUMS-CHARLIE WATTS
PIANO-STU AND NICKY
SAX-ERNIE WATTS
PERCUSSION-RAY COOPER
BACK VOCALS AND ACOUSTIC GTR-KEITH
04-15-03 10:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I actually posted one, but I guess the filthy school computer ate it.

Oh well. Here's one crack at a lineup. I did about three different ones, here's the one I guess is the best.

RHYTHM GUITAR (& Vocals): Keith Richards
BASS (Piano, Guitar & Vocals): Paul McCartney (No pop trash, rock only)
LEAD GUITAR (Bass & Vocals): Ronnie Wood
DRUMS: Keith Moon

No lead singer.

Actually, wait.

OPTIONAL LEAD SINGER (haven't decided): Rod Stewart (1971-72)

I had others... I'll try and remember 'em. Damn, this is hard.

-tSYX --- Slip kid, slip kid...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
04-16-03 04:31 AM
Zeeta Bonham is a better drummer than Moon in my opinion - how can anyone "forget about Bonham"!!

Have you never heard "Moby Dick" for example?!! A fucking 5 minute drum solo!

This guy doesn't even need sticks!!

Moon 9 out of 10 - Bonahm 10 out of 10!
04-16-03 05:58 AM
F505 My dream line up is the Stones without backgrond singers and horns (okay: Bobby may step up once in a while). Just the five of them. And Ronnie should stop playing the clown but stick to his guitar. Just play it loud and clear.
04-16-03 06:06 AM
bez85
vocals: Howlin' Wolf
guitar: Robert Johnson
Guitar: Keith Richards
Drums: Charlie Watts
Bass: Ronnie Lane
Keyboards: Leon Russell
04-16-03 01:17 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Bonham is a better drummer than Moon in my opinion - how can anyone "forget about Bonham"!!

Have you never heard "Moby Dick" for example?!! A fucking 5 minute drum solo!

This guy doesn't even need sticks!!

Moon 9 out of 10 - Bonahm 10 out of 10!

Of course dear Zeeta, buddy, I know how good is Bonham, I like "Moby Dick" very much, but if you like this kind of examples, so, have you never heard "Toad" from Cream, which Ginger Baker used to "destroy" everybody when played this LIVE??
This 3 guys are fucking great. Also, you can include Neil Peart (RUSH - I'm not a fan, but this guy is good too), and of course, "Charlie is my darling" Charlie is simple but very effective and know very much about Jazz music.
04-16-03 01:21 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
F505 wrote:
My dream line up is the Stones without backgrond singers and horns (okay: Bobby may step up once in a while). Just the five of them. And Ronnie should stop playing the clown but stick to his guitar. Just play it loud and clear.

Yep, nothing more to say. Perfect, F505, plus they would reduce the volume of the fuckin' Chuck Leavell, like SavageYoungXyzzy always say.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003