ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 - Baron Wolman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CDRS - what brand do you use? Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-12-03 01:56 PM
Stray Cat Thanks for the info on Memorex discs......I've just bought a pack of 170!!! I guess I'll never run out of coasters!!!
Doh!
04-12-03 07:17 PM
Factory Girl Stray Cat, I've used Memorex in the past with no complaints.

Some people just don't like the brand. They'll work for you. See how it goes.
04-12-03 07:20 PM
Factory Girl SS, Iggy is too rough for sdh, who does not like Iggy. I like The Ig just fine...sometimes I like him too much...lol.
04-12-03 09:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Pppppppfffffffffffffffftttttttttt.

SDH is a big sissy boy. He doesn't like Iggy because he's SCARED TO DEATH of him. Simple as that.

I'm a street walkin' cheetah
With my hide full of napalm
I'm the runaway son
Of a nuclear A bomb

I am the world's forgetten boy
The one who searches to destroy

Look out honey
Cause I'm usin' technology
Ain't got time
To make no apology

Soul radiation in the dead of night
Love in the middle of a firefight

I am the world's forgotten boy
The one who searches to destroy

Iggy Pop-1973

Fuck yeah.
04-13-03 12:49 AM
Cant Catch Me Hey, fmk438j, that's funny about you bending CD-Rs. They do bend an amazing amount without breaking.

I once bought a VGP CD, a real CD not a CD-R, from a guy (real nice guy, too, very fair!) in France, but the CD arrived in the mail shattered, like it was glass almost. Because a lot of people send CDs overseas without jewel cases to save on postage, this seller included, I figured the envelope had been bent in transit, thus breaking the CD. So I tried to bend some CDs (old ones with unneeded software on them) to see if they'd break the same way, and damn near couldn't break any of them.

Here's the thing, though. Since it was winter, and I pictured crates of international air mail getting loaded on and off planes in the extreme cold, I wondered if temperature played a part. Indeed, a CD fresh out of the freezer will shatter like glass if bent. So don't go putting your CDs or CD-Rs in the freezer and then bending them, no matter how bored you are!

The cool thing, though, is the guy in France very graciously sent me a new, unbroken CD to replace the first one, for nothing, although I offered to pay half or something for the second one, since neither of us were really at fault. So, if you remember, maybe it's a good idea to put a square of cardboard or similar stiff material inside the envelope when shipping CDs with no jewel cases, at least in winter.
04-13-03 06:51 AM
Zeeta Fuck yeah indeed!!

Iggy Pop = That IS scary it gets me shitting bricks like no other guy on this planet!

Thats exactly why he is so fucking good!

Yeah baby I can tell your pretty face is going to hell!

Also check out "Cock In My Pocket" outrageous - "got a cock in my pocket and I'm shoving it through your pants!!"

lol!
04-13-03 12:18 PM
Factory Girl SS, you're AWESOME! I love you for posting the lyrics to Search & Destroy! That is all...
04-13-03 12:53 PM
JaggaRichards I just got a stand-alone burner.
Been using Memorex with no probs.
But I will experiment with others.
Now here's the dumb question:

With these stories of ink seepage, which type of marker should I use to write on these CDR's???

Thanks!
04-13-03 06:01 PM
Factory Girl J/R, use "SHarpie" brand to write on. Memorex no problems.
04-13-03 06:24 PM
vampire Again: no one like those Smart Buy?
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003