ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Đ TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are they still working in France? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 8th, 2005 05:34 AM
Gazza Ha-ha! nope.

last time I saw Pete, he was playing like a man possessed!
April 8th, 2005 07:17 AM
marko I think,this is the way,they wanna do it.if u remember,what
keith said in interview end of last year.That Mick has some
new writing ways,which keef himself didnīt understant yet,
at the time.
Also,i personally think that,they are recording at the micks place,simply because,then stuff wonīt leak out before
releasing album.If they would record on regular studio,we
would ALLREADY know about the stuff theyīve been writing,we
could then allready have a bootleg from these sessions.
Its GOOD,that it isnīt that way,now its a suprise to us all,and hopefully for the band itself.
April 8th, 2005 09:15 PM
Soldatti It seems that the press conference is a month away, we will know then.
April 9th, 2005 03:11 AM
IanBillen [quote]marko wrote:
I think,this is the way,they wanna do it.if u remember,what
keith said in interview end of last year.That Mick has some
new writing ways,which keef himself didnīt understant yet,
at the time.

When exactly did he say that? I am curious. Are you sure? What exactly did he say?
Any excerpts?

Ian
April 9th, 2005 03:15 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
Ha-ha! nope.

last time I saw Pete, he was playing like a man possessed!

Saw them in 89. Very good show. Cleveland Stadium =The Kids are Alright tour. LOVE The Who! Who's Next is in my opinion one of the top five albums of all time. Being a true Stones fan I don't know if it would be kosher to put it ahead of their works but I can see why anyone would.

In 89,
Pete winced during the set-list at his ear and put his finger up to it. It was on the video screen. The entire stadium went Awwwwwww. I kid you not.

Ian
April 9th, 2005 03:17 AM
IanBillen [quote]Soldatti wrote:
It seems that the press conference is a month away, we will know then.

I hope this is not just an internet rumor. However it can't be too far off now can it?

Ian
April 9th, 2005 08:21 AM
marko I think it was on Q magazine,end of last year.Canīt remember his exact words.
April 9th, 2005 09:49 AM
gimmekeef Goods news is there have been no sightings of Tinkerchuck anywhere near the process......
April 9th, 2005 07:01 PM
Bob Tamp From what I remember hearing from Keith, but I could be wrong is that Mick was writing some incredible stuff, and was blowing Keith away.
April 9th, 2005 07:42 PM
IanBillen [quote]Bob Tamp wrote:
From what I remember hearing from Keith, but I could be wrong is that Mick was writing some incredible stuff, and was blowing Keith away.

Very Funny Bob,

And yes, you did almost rattle my cage a little with that one.

Ian
April 10th, 2005 03:52 AM
marko Press conference,will be held May 13th,2005 possibly new
york.
April 10th, 2005 03:58 AM
Press conference,will be held May 13th,2005 possibly new
york.

How do we know this Mr. Marko? Many say May 3rd?

Ian
April 10th, 2005 04:22 AM
marko May 3rd is tuesday,13th is friday.The information i got,i got a personal e-mail,,,,i know where the news came from.But i really canīt tell that.
to me friday is better than tuesday,for press conference.
April 10th, 2005 04:29 AM
May 3rd is tuesday,13th is friday.The information i got,i got a personal e-mail,,,,i know where the news came from.But i really canīt tell that.
to me friday is better than tuesday,for press conference.

An e-mail? I see. You can't really base it all by the day of the week. How reliable is the source that told you this?

Ian
April 10th, 2005 04:50 AM
marko Very reliable,but ofcourse the day can still change.
April 10th, 2005 09:26 PM
Soldatti Good news, thanks Marko.
April 10th, 2005 09:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

How do we know this Mr. Marko? Many say May 3rd?

Ian

One guy did. the others repeated it.

the press conferences are very much subject to change at the last minute. I wouldnt say any date is set in stone like a tour date would be but all signs and whispers do point to something being announced in the next 4-5 weeks.

Oh, and the last tour was announced on May 7th 2002. Which was.... a Tuesday.

the day of the week it's announced doesn't mean shit.
[Edited by Gazza]
April 10th, 2005 10:45 PM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:

"the day of the week it's announced doesn't mean shit."

Well I put it as I did just to be a little less blunt. I don't know how new this dude is so...

Anyway, truley a Sunday is the only day I cannot see a press conference being scheduled because of what day of the week it is. Any other day really doesn't mean anything.

Ian
April 10th, 2005 11:12 PM
BILL PERKS [quote]IanBillen wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:

WELL,IN MICK'S EYES IT CERTAINLY DOES....PRESS COVERAGE THE BAND WANTS WOULD MAKE IT A TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY.HOLDING IT ON FRIDAY WOULD NOT GIVE THEM THE COVERAGE IN PAPERS LIKE USA TODAY.COMMON PR TACTICS.
April 11th, 2005 02:35 AM
IanBillen [quote]BILL PERKS wrote:
[quote]IanBillen wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:

WELL,IN MICK'S EYES IT CERTAINLY DOES....PRESS COVERAGE THE BAND WANTS WOULD MAKE IT A TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY.HOLDING IT ON FRIDAY WOULD NOT GIVE THEM THE COVERAGE IN PAPERS LIKE USA TODAY.COMMON PR TACTICS.

I see. Maybe you got a point there.

Ian
April 11th, 2005 04:52 AM
Bloozehound ok here's the news Ian, just got done decoding this secret e-mail from Keef on my tripple quadrupple super secret squirrel e-mail account, it's like totally under the radar to avoid any obtrusive big Brother NORAD screenings, two coke cans connected via shoestrings, straight from my supa secret underground bunker to Keef's secret tripplesec bunker bar at his pad in Connecticut:

To: The Lavander Cowboy (<=== our secret squirrel handles see)
From: Dr. Fishhooks (<=== our secret squirrel handles see)

Subject: Operation Dead Horse

Sup mate,like all the new crap swag we've flooded the market with recently? heheh, New album is coming along nicely,I think it's the best one we've ever done, bwhhahaha, no one knows anything thou, not even us really, but that's the way we would like to keep it(even after it comes out) its been an ongoing project and we've been all sneaky about it and shit.I've been making the band duck into recording studios everyday for the past 3 years to work out our parts wearing groucho marx novelty glasses and shit. Ronny sneaks in wearing blackface and a fatsuit calling himself Fiffy Cent-i-pedes.

I know the rags have been reporting shit like Mick is busy raising the roof (WOOT! WOOt!) for his pet giraffe, nada nada, what he's really been busy doing is working feverishly raising the roof putting final touches on our latest Rolling Stones "masterpeices", no kidding, he's very serious, been working on a duet with Timberlake and shit, AWESOME!

See, I ordereed them all to Don't Stop in order to makee this the greatest Stones record since forever cause we really care about what our mindless fans think since they'll buy anything we put out regardless, cause we're the greatest, and we'll never Lose Our Touch! hehehe

p.s. tell Ian how much it's gonna rule cause we mean everything we say! jajjaja!
April 11th, 2005 05:19 AM
IanBillen [quote]Bloozehound wrote:
ok here's the news Ian, just got done decoding this secret e-mail from Keef on my tripple quadrupple super secret squirrel e-mail account, it's like totally under the radar to avoid any obtrusive big Brother NORAD screenings, two coke cans connected via shoestrings, straight from my supa secret underground bunker to Keef's secret tripplesec bunker bar at his pad in Connecticut:

To: The Lavander Cowboy (<=== our secret squirrel handles see)
From: Dr. Fishhooks (<=== our secret squirrel handles see)

Subject: Operation Dead Horse

Sup mate,like all the new crap swag we've flooded the market with recently? heheh, New album is coming along nicely,I think it's the best one we've ever done, bwhhahaha, no one knows anything thou, not even us really, but that's the way we would like to keep it(even after it comes out) its been an ongoing project and we've been all sneaky about it and shit.I've been making the band duck into recording studios everyday for the past 3 years to work out our parts wearing groucho marx novelty glasses and shit. Ronny sneaks in wearing blackface and a fatsuit calling himself Fiffy Cent-i-pedes.

I know the rags have been reporting shit like Mick is busy raising the roof (WOOT! WOOt!) for his pet giraffe, nada nada, what he's really been busy doing is working feverishly raising the roof putting final touches on our latest Rolling Stones "masterpeices", no kidding, he's very serious, been working on a duet with Timberlake and shit, AWESOME!

See, I ordereed them all to Don't Stop in order to makee this the greatest Stones record since forever cause we really care about what our mindless fans think since they'll buy anything we put out regardless, cause we're the greatest, and we'll never Lose Our Touch! hehehe

p.s. tell Ian how much it's gonna rule cause we mean everything we say! jajjaja!

______________________________________________________________________________________

Is this a put on? I am lost. Well, I certainly hope it isn't and do say hello to our Keith. I can understand that Ronnie could not fall in line with the others using a Marx Brothers disquise being as his nose could never fit in one of those Groucho Marx apparatuses...

Yours Truly,

Ian
April 11th, 2005 10:03 AM
nankerphelge "I am lost."

I'll swear to that in Court!
April 11th, 2005 10:34 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
"I am lost."

I'll swear to that in Court!

I would like to nuzzle you
April 11th, 2005 12:44 PM
Surround Sister
Right; the desciption do fit in at 90% of all British guitarists born in the 1940īs... I thought of Keith at first; but would think of him as anybody who forgets his guitars.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood