ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are they still working in France? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 5th, 2005 09:02 PM
Bob Tamp I've seen on some threads that Jagger etc. have been in London for parties. Are they going back and forth to France or is the recording there pretty well wrapped up? Anyone know? Just curious.
April 5th, 2005 09:43 PM
winter Bob,

You missed an earlier thread on this very subject.

Everyone is off vacationing while Keith lays down the guitar, drums, bass, horns and paino tracks. He is also rumored to be singing all vocals on this album, but due to the wonders of modern technology and digital recording, it will sound just like Mick - except of course, for Keith's 2 or 3 ballads.

The rest of band is scheduled to join him for the photo shoot, birthday parties and bar mitzvahs (sp) permitting.

wintah

April 5th, 2005 09:54 PM
Soldatti I think that they are in Paris still.
April 5th, 2005 10:23 PM
MP I heard they were in Prague.
April 5th, 2005 11:00 PM
BILL PERKS IAN?
April 5th, 2005 11:02 PM
glencar LOL No the French aren't working!
April 5th, 2005 11:47 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! I'm sure that the album is all but complete at this point, with only some final mix downs to resolve.
April 6th, 2005 03:55 AM
IanBillen [quote]Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
I'm sure that the album is all but complete at this point, with only some final mix downs to resolve.

I agree they are probably, for the most part, starting to put the finishing touches on it. Into May it looks as if the album will be done completely.

I am certainly not going to point the finger. But
alot of our peers have changed their minds about a possible June release. It was never impossible as alot here used to say and dis-agree with me about. As it stands the album may not actually come out in June as I once thought but it isn't because it was not possible. It is simply because the time schedules have changed. The album was always on-par to be plenty ready by then.

Ian
April 6th, 2005 04:35 AM
Gazza I dont recall too many people posting that they would release an album as early as June!
April 6th, 2005 04:58 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
I dont recall too many people posting that they would release an album as early as June!

Just me. And like one, maybe two others (tops) believed that due to Keith and Don Was's comments. What I meant was now many of our peers realize it was never a complete impossibility as they once assumed. And I know, as you are already thinking Gazza, it doesn't really matter what they could of done. What matters now is what, and when they actually will.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
April 6th, 2005 07:32 AM
egon ha!

i though that this was a "strike" thread.
April 6th, 2005 02:01 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I think that they are in Paris still.

The Stones didn't record in Paris this time, they met at Mick's house in the Loire Valley (about 150 km from Paris). At least Keith, Charlie, Mick and Darryl were there, there's no word about seeing Ronnie or Chuck.
April 6th, 2005 02:08 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
there's no word about seeing (...) Chuck.

Don't get me too excited, or the devastation will be too hard to handle afterwards .
April 6th, 2005 02:13 PM
Monkey Woman I can sympathize!
April 6th, 2005 02:30 PM
IanBillen [quote]Monkey Woman wrote:

The Stones didn't record in Paris this time, they met at Mick's house in the Loire Valley (about 150 km from Paris). At least Keith, Charlie, Mick and Darryl were there, there's no word about seeing Ronnie or Chuck.

What were they doing there then?

Ian
April 6th, 2005 02:40 PM
Gazza I think they may have stopped there for "un croissant"
April 6th, 2005 02:45 PM
Monkey Woman Got it, Gazza! They always have time for a little tourism on the side.
April 6th, 2005 07:23 PM
Soldatti This album is strange: nobody knows when they recorded the damm thing, some people said that it's done, Ronnie didn't hit the studio yet but the album will be out in June?
April 6th, 2005 09:20 PM
Bob Tamp As long as it's out by August I will be happy. If the press conference is May 3rd as rumored, we will then know the album title hopefully.
I am crossing my fingers for a great album. It's been 8 years, and if this one is mediocre, its time to put the final nail in the casket. Yes, they are a great live act, but to me, they have more to prove in the studio then they ever have!
BTW- they probably dont really care anymore as a non-Stones fan pointed out to me recently. They are the Rolling Stones.
They might not care, but the true fans want a home run.
April 6th, 2005 09:23 PM
Bob Tamp im just hoping for a great album. But then again, I have always hoped for a great album.
April 6th, 2005 11:13 PM
Prodigal Son It's safe to say that the quality of this album is of bigger importance than it's been for a long time. It's like a barometer test to see if they can still pump out a classic album which we haven't seen since Tattoo You (or if you don't count the fact that was made up of vault material, Some Girls). Critical praise will go a long way because we know the stones can sell records, but can they entice an even bigger buying public through word of mouth? Whatever, I just want it to be decent enough to measure up even up to the level of Undercover (their last really solid album, IMO) or slightly better than Voodoo Lounge but not another B2B or Steel Wheels! Or Dirty Work for that matter.
April 7th, 2005 02:06 AM
IanBillen [quote]Soldatti wrote:
This album is strange: nobody knows when they recorded the damm thing, some people said that it's done, Ronnie didn't hit the studio yet but the album will be out in June?

Ronnie has been in the studio off and on with them.
They have really kept this album under wraps. Totaly.
Better than anyone could of guessed a band as big as The Stones or anyone for that matter.
As I said before: I am sure they have been working it up since Licks. The reason they never rushed to get the thing done was there wasn't a whole entire album to work out. It only makes sense. Yet it seems to still not be quite finished yet. What a mystery album. they know what their doing.

Ian
April 7th, 2005 08:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
They have really kept this album under wraps. Totaly.

Even from each other, it seems!!
April 7th, 2005 08:41 AM
Madafaka I need a French onion soup and the new album!
April 7th, 2005 09:11 AM
egon it will come, don't worry. i FEEL it!

meantime i can confirm that the french fishermen are NOT
working today.
April 7th, 2005 10:04 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

there's no word about seeing Ronnie or Chuck.

oh no
April 7th, 2005 09:25 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL, great summary for this topic.
April 8th, 2005 04:24 AM

I don't quite understand. Although I may? Do you mean because they really haven't consistently worked on this project all together and have been recording in select groups at different times with different combinations?

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
April 8th, 2005 05:14 AM
Gazza I was being cynical, as usual, Ian

Especially regarding the fact that certain personnel in the band (clue : big nose, likes a drink, sometimes forgets to play his guitar onstage) seem to have been 'absent' during much of the supposed sessions. Plus the lack of input from Chuck, Darryl, etc.

Very bizarre way of making a record, although the main thing is that I'm sure THEY know what they're doing!
[Edited by Gazza]
April 8th, 2005 05:19 AM
I was being cynical, as usual, Ian

Especially regarding the fact that certain personnel in the band (clue : big nose, likes a drink, sometimes forgets to play his guitar onstage) seem to have been 'absent' during much of the supposed sessions. Plus the lack of input from Chuck, Darryl, etc.

Very bizarre way of making a record, although the main thing is that I'm sure THEY know what they're doing!

Oh yes I see. By the way: (clue : big nose, likes a drink, sometimes forgets to play his guitar onstage)? Is Pete Townsend supposed to do some work on this album as well?

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood