ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is there an anti Stones media bias? If so does it hurt sales? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th April 2006 07:43 PM
Soldatti IMO, the media hype started to slow down after the Steel Wheels tour. During the VL era it was the first time that they didn't get a real hit from a new album, but still the US sales of the album were very good, close to 2 million.
The B2B tour was worse, the album sales were 50% of VL but still solid sales.
The 40 Licks tour got the best comercial impact since 1981 but with a GH album, a clear SIGN.

The current tour is 100% nostalgia, the new album has sold less than live albums as Stripped or Flashpoint and by first time it didn't get a minor hit on rock radio.

I'm very interested in the next step of the band after this 50% of sales decline with each new album.
11th April 2006 08:02 PM
IzzyStradlin I dunno - I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the Stones haven't put out a decent album in more than 20 some odd years.

If any other band put out what the Stones did ater Tattoo You, they'd be without a contract.

The Stones have been 'over' for a very long time.

It's old farts like so many on this board that can't let go.

The media, to their credit, already have.
11th April 2006 08:15 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
If any other band put out what the Stones did ater Tattoo You, they'd be without a contract.

On the contrary, I think if any other band had put out *only* what they Stones have since 1981, those albums would be held in higher esteem than they are. Problem is, it's the Stones, and with that comes (rightfully) high standards.

11th April 2006 09:26 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

On the contrary, I think if any other band had put out *only* what they Stones have since 1981, those albums would be held in higher esteem than they are. Problem is, it's the Stones, and with that comes (rightfully) high standards.

100% correct
Stones' 64-81 catalog is something impossible to match, but the material since then could be top notch for any other band.
12th April 2006 12:37 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

100% correct
Stones' 64-81 catalog is something impossible to match, but the material since then could be top notch for any other band.

____

I concur - much like the Washington Wizards version of M. Jordan. His numbers were still quite impressive, but fans recalled the other-wordly quality of his play in the mid-80's to mid-90's.

Would you not agree Pug - being from Chicago, yes?
12th April 2006 03:20 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

100% correct

Don't exaggerate
12th April 2006 07:00 AM
Break The Spell Not every album, in my opinion, from 1964-81 is better than everything that came after TY. Persoanlly, I enjoy albums like ABB, VL and SW more than Satanic Majesties and Emotional Rescue.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)