ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Snort-gate denial Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th April 2007 04:11 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I AM NOT BOLD!

This dude on American Idol is bald....he decided not to wear a hat last night, and he claimed to be singing to his girlfriend.
4th April 2007 04:12 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

This dude on American Idol is bald....he decided not to wear a hat last night, and he claimed to be singing to his girlfriend.

That Idol stuff is stupid. It was a Dutch idea you know.
4th April 2007 04:14 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

That Idol stuff is stupid. It was a Dutch idea you know.

Yes...I am fully aware of the Dutch influence on "Idol".
4th April 2007 04:21 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes...I am fully aware of the Dutch influence on "Idol".

Same goes for Big Brother.
4th April 2007 04:27 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Same goes for Big Brother.

Yes, I was also familiar with the Dutch influence on "Big Brother". I believe the Dutch create these shows as a way to distract people from the dullness of their ordinary lives. In America, most people are fat, lazy, beer drinking slobs, who love to watch sensational like reality TV shows(see Idol, Big Brother). We eat up these shows because most of us here in America lack the brains to ever come up with an original idea, compared to say, the dutch.
4th April 2007 04:27 PM
AlexKx Don't you HATE how MTV have come to deny the story without ever going to Keith Richards to ask themselves if it is true or not? Kurt Loder is SO pathetic. I HATE that channel. They were not even the first music television station but I will save that one for another day. The guy who did the interview from NME apparently says that it was NOT a joke...
4th April 2007 04:28 PM
jb
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
Don't you HATE how MTV have come to deny the story without ever going to Keith Richards to ask themselves if it is true or not? Kurt Loder is SO pathetic. I HATE that channel. They were not even the first music television station but I will save that one for another day. The guy who did the interview from NME apparently says that it was NOT a joke...

Was the interviewer of dutch nationality?
4th April 2007 04:29 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes, I was also familiar with the Dutch influence on "Big Brother". I believe the Dutch create these shows as a way to distract people from the dullness of their ordinary lives. In America, most people are fat, lazy, beer drinking slobs, who love to watch sensational like reality TV shows(see Idol, Big Brother). We eat up these shows because most of us here in America lack the brains to ever come up with an original idea, compared to say, the dutch.

Big Brother was kinda fun the first season.
4th April 2007 04:30 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Big Brother was kinda fun the first season.

Have you seen the show "House" with British actor Hugh Laurie? Was that also a dutch creation?
4th April 2007 04:32 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

Have you seen the show "House" with British actor Hugh Laurie? Was that also a dutch creation?

I did see it. It was not a Dutch creation.
4th April 2007 04:32 PM
pdog You know what's really ironic, Keith is probably the only person who can talk about snorting coke, and no one thinks of it as a scandal or bad behaviour... Mixing his coke with ash is the shocking part...
Think about it.... anyone else, and they'd be checking into rehab just over the coke....
We live in great times...

Eddie Van Halen is punching pillows, while Keith is drinking vodka, smoking a cigarette and laughing his ass of about this....
4th April 2007 04:34 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I did see it. It was not a Dutch creation.

Dancing with the Stars?
4th April 2007 04:36 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Dancing with the Stars?

someone needs to take Heather Mills leg and beat her with it...
4th April 2007 04:36 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

Dancing with the Stars?

That one is Dutch.
4th April 2007 04:58 PM
SheRat
quote:
jb wrote:

No. However, Hugh Laurie is a British actor, perhaps best known for playing the posh idiot snot on the briliant British series "Black Adder"...

[Edited by SheRat]
4th April 2007 04:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
That's from RS.com.

It speaks volumes about how much Jane Rose, Jagger et al are collectively shitting themselves that they're actually issuing press releases and statements on rs.com within 24 hours of this story breaking.

An unprecedented bit of damage limitation by the Stones management. Especially when you consider how long it took for updates on Keith's health and the status of cancelled shows a year ago.
4th April 2007 05:02 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It speaks volumes about how much Jane Rose, Jagger et al are collectively shitting themselves that they're actually issuing press releases and statements on rs.com within 24 hours of this story breaking.

An unprecedented bit of damage limitation by the Stones management. Especially when you consider how long it took for updates on Keith's health and the status of cancelled shows a year ago.

Don't turn into a bitter man!
4th April 2007 05:08 PM
Gazza Not bitter at all. The whole thing is more absurd than anything else.

The Stones' management's haste at issuing press statements make it quite obvious that theyre somewhat alarmed at what the press and public reaction to this story may be.
4th April 2007 05:10 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat What happened to Jair?
4th April 2007 05:13 PM
gimmekeef Ho hum....on with the shows....Like even if true one person would decide .."Well thats it..I'm not going"....Jagger will be concerned about a corporate deal falling thru....but I say....good.....
4th April 2007 05:35 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Not bitter at all. The whole thing is more absurd than anything else.

The Stones' management's haste at issuing press statements make it quite obvious that theyre somewhat alarmed at what the press and public reaction to this story may be.

They should be alarmed! Nothing hasty about it...
4th April 2007 05:43 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

They should be alarmed! Nothing hasty about it...

Actually, lemme clarify: They should be hasty. Nothing overreactive about it...
5th April 2007 08:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I'm gonna commit suicide that was the best love story between a son and his father I have ever heard in all mi lives.

Did I say that?

LOL past, present and future!!!!

Do ya rememba' future?
5th April 2007 10:09 PM
GotToRollMe Keith Richards tells cancer-hit mum ashes claim was 'a joke'
By Richard Simpson

Last updated at 00:02am on 6th April 2007

When Keith Richards gave an interview this week in which he spoke of snorting his father's ashes in a line of cocaine, his fans were aghast and entertained in equal measure.

Keith Richards now says he was only joking when he told the NME that he had snorted his father's (right) ashes in a drugs binge

Yet it has emerged that not everyone was so amused by the grizzled Rolling Stones guitarist's claim.

Keith's family, who are currently fighting their own very personal battle, are understood to have been so taken aback by the claim, which attracted worldwide attention, that they pushed him to make a retraction.

Keith has now put out a statement claiming that his words had simply been a joke, the meaning of which was "lost in translation".

The reason for such sensitivity within the Richards fold is that Keith's mother has recently been diagnosed as suffering from cancer.

Five weeks ago she was moved from the small terraced house she shared with Keith's stepfather William in Dartford, Kent, to a private hospital near Chichester where Keith has a home.

Since returning from the Stones's most recent world tour, Keith has kept a bedside vigil. Doris's husband William revealed she first become sick 10 months ago.

Speaking to the Mail last May, at around the same time Keith was undergoing brain surgery after falling out of a coconut tree in Fiji, William spoke of his hope that his beloved Doris would recover.

He said: "This all seems to have happened at the same time.

"When Keith became ill we already had a lot on our plates. But just as Keith is as strong as an ox, so is my Doris and I'm really hoping she'll pull through."

Sadly, Doris's condition is not understood to have improved.

Family sensitivities are understandably running high - and it was against that background that Keith's comments about his father emerged this week.

Richards made headlines around the world with his extraordinary comments in an interview with NME magazine.

He described mixing the cremated remains of his dad, Bert, who died in 2002 aged 84, with cocaine and snorting them during a drugs bender.

Realising the furore his comments had caused, and the resulting upset among his family, Richards backtracked on the claim the very next day.

"The complete story is lost in translation,' Richards said in a new statement.

"The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it.

"I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight."

He added: "I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

NME magazine is standing by its story. Mark Beaumont, the journalist who conducted the interview, insisted it had been no throwaway joke.

"He didn't offer the information, I had to ask him a couple of questions to get the information out of him.

"He didn't come straight out with that," Beaumont said.

A source close to Richards said: "In retrospect it was an unfortunate comment.

"And it was not met with too much enthusiasm in the Richards fold, who have their own worries at the moment."

The Richards women: Keith's mother Doris with his wife Patti Hansen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=446970&in_page_id=1773&ito=1490

(edited for insertion of pics)
[Edited by Gazza]
6th April 2007 06:51 AM
Gazza Christ - nice timin', Keith
6th April 2007 09:56 AM
GotToRollMe Hey, watch where ya go "inserting" yerself...or at least use lube next time. I'm a laaady ya know!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
6th April 2007 10:03 AM
LadyJane Horrible news about Doris.
Keef is close to his Mum.
She seems like a wonderful woman.

Sending prayers and good wishes to this great lady.

LJ.
6th April 2007 10:10 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Horrible news about Doris.
Keef is close to his Mum.
She seems like a wonderful woman.

Sending prayers and good wishes to this great lady.

LJ.

I felt awful when I saw that yesterday.
I was hoping since it was the Daily Mail it might be bullshit, but I guess not.
9th April 2007 11:33 AM
Martha Keef looks like his Mum. And Patti has her skin.
9th April 2007 02:06 PM
jb Silver and gold, silver and gold
Ev'ryone wishes for silver and gold
How do you measure its worth?
Just by the pleasure it gives here on earth

Silver and gold, silver and gold
Mean so much more when I see
Silver and gold decorations
On ev'ry Christmas tree
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)