ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Snort-gate denial Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd April 2007 11:45 PM
Fadeout_Freedom http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1556258/20070403/rolling_stones.jhtml

Maybe you saw that Keith Richards item that started popping up all over the place on Tuesday (April 3) — the one about how he'd admitted to snorting the ashes of his late father after his body had been cremated? Great story, right? And yet,

like so much in the world of celebrity journalism, totally untrue.

In case you missed it, this little yarn first appeared in the pages of London's notoriously unreliable New Musical Express. The magazine quoted the Rolling Stones guitarist as saying, "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared. ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

This wildly dubious quote proved irresistible to newspapers, wire services and TV and online outlets on both sides of the Atlantic, from The Associated Press to Forbes, The Drudge Report, Breitbart and E! Online. In fact, it was such a great story that nobody bothered trying to confirm it with a Richards representative — why spoil the fun with facts?

In a buzz-killing mood, though, we decided to check with Richards' longtime manager, Jane Rose. We asked her about the dad-snorting quotes in the NME interview. She responded with an e-mail:

"Said in jest," she explained. "Can't believe anyone took [it] seriously."

3rd April 2007 11:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm gonna commit suicide that was the best love story between a son and his father I have ever heard in all mi lives.
4th April 2007 12:19 AM
mojoman damn i wonder how many were trying to score some good ash to see what it all was about?
4th April 2007 12:32 AM
mojoman
quote:
Fadeout_Freedom wrote:
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1556258/20070403/rolling_stones.jhtml

Maybe you saw that Keith Richards item that started popping up all over the place on Tuesday (April 3) — the one about how he'd admitted to snorting the ashes of his late father after his body had been cremated? Great story, right? And yet,

like so much in the world of celebrity journalism, totally untrue.

In case you missed it, this little yarn first appeared in the pages of London's notoriously unreliable New Musical Express. The magazine quoted the Rolling Stones guitarist as saying, "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared. ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

This wildly dubious quote proved irresistible to newspapers, wire services and TV and online outlets on both sides of the Atlantic, from The Associated Press to Forbes, The Drudge Report, Breitbart and E! Online. In fact, it was such a great story that nobody bothered trying to confirm it with a Richards representative — why spoil the fun with facts?

In a buzz-killing mood, though, we decided to check with Richards' longtime manager, Jane Rose. We asked her about the dad-snorting quotes in the NME interview. She responded with an e-mail:

"Said in jest," she explained. "Can't believe anyone took [it] seriously."

MTV calling NME unreliable? MTV is a joke, always was
4th April 2007 12:56 AM
pdog I got a bag of Anna Nicole's poop for sale... Came out right before she died, if you smoke it or smell it, you'll get wasted out of your head!
[Edited by pdog]
4th April 2007 02:20 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I'm gonna commit suicide that was the best love story between a son and his father I have ever heard in all mi lives.

Aw, don't sweat it, Voodoo. You just KNOW he did it.
4th April 2007 02:35 AM
Altamont
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Aw, don't sweat it, Voodoo. You just KNOW he did it.

I bet he did do it. Of course Mick probably shit himself when this hit the presses and the spokespeople would obviously deny it. I don't see what all the fuss is about really.
4th April 2007 02:39 AM
GotToRollMe Really. Some people need to lighten up.
4th April 2007 02:42 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat He did it.
4th April 2007 03:54 AM
pdog I gave a friend an 1/8 of weed to drink bongwater... He did it... he puked afterwards... Then smoked me out with rthe weed I gave him... People do weird shit, who fucking cares... This story has now become another Keith Richards myth....
4th April 2007 04:06 AM
Altamont
quote:
pdog wrote:
People do weird shit, who fucking cares... This story has now become another Keith Richards myth....

Exactly.
4th April 2007 04:11 AM
Zack
quote:
pdog wrote:
I gave a friend an 1/8 of weed to drink bongwater... He did it... he puked afterwards... Then smoked me out with rthe weed I gave him... People do weird shit, who fucking cares... This story has now become another Keith Richards myth....

I knew a guy who did it ON PURPOSE. Said it was a rush. Yeech. All depends on your point of view.
4th April 2007 04:30 AM
Gazza bet this denial story doesnt get 1% of the coverage the original story will - so the myth will perpetuate

As soon as I arrived in work this morning, its the first thing I heard being discussed on the radio. You can bet they wont even mention the disclaimer.
4th April 2007 08:41 AM
keefkid DAMAGE CONTROL DAMAGE CONTROL DAMAGE CONTROL

lmfao

he did it... im sure of it now

LOL
4th April 2007 01:18 PM
Stones Isn't Keith the one who started the rumour about getting his blood changed ? Like that one, this will never go away
4th April 2007 01:57 PM
gimmekeef Hell...something a Pirate would do huh?.....All part of his oh so clever marketing of himself......
4th April 2007 02:02 PM
pdog Keith will be getting ash transfusions to replace the old ash.
4th April 2007 02:44 PM
Poplar
fuck it ... he did it. i'll shout it from the mountaintop.
4th April 2007 02:52 PM
Steel Wheels 04.04.07 From Keith Richards
The story currently circulating around the net that Keith snorted his Dad's ashes with some cocaine is totally untrue. To set the record straight, Keith has sent us the following statement:

"The complete story is lost in the usual slanting! The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak . I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!!! I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."
4th April 2007 02:53 PM
Steel Wheels That's from RS.com.
4th April 2007 03:15 PM
Poplar
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
"I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

that's a bigger crock of shit than the original story.
4th April 2007 03:18 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
That's from RS.com.

I'm feelin much better now.........
4th April 2007 03:18 PM
LadyJane "The complete story is lost in the usual slanting! The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak . I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!!! I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

Oh that really sounds like something Keith would say, doesn't it???

Mick is furious...bet the farm!!!!

LJ.

4th April 2007 03:22 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
"The complete story is lost in the usual slanting! The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak . I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!!! I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

Oh that really sounds like something Keith would say, doesn't it???

Mick is furious...bet the farm!!!!

LJ.
===========================================================

That does no sound at all like Keith...nor would he, imo, back off a statement he made...he is too caught up in "being keith".

[Edited by jb]
4th April 2007 03:37 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
That's from RS.com.

So you're saying he actually did snort his father?
4th April 2007 03:48 PM
_Boomy_ ************* Breaking News *******************

OMAHA (AP) - Joey has acknowledged posting a raft of illegal threads in his time, but this may top them all.
In comments published Tuesday, the 21-year-old Resident Cretin said he had smelled his ass mixed with sweat.

"The strangest thing I've tried to sniff? My butt. I smelled my crack," Joey was quoted as saying by The Associated Simpleton Sounds (The ASS, for short).

"It was caked and I couldn't resist bending over and giving it a little bit of a blow. My ass wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It smelled pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Joey's posting gene died in 2002, at 84.

Joey, one of Rocks Off legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of Decaking, and advised young posters against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now Steelie thinks it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about ass-sniffing," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of peculiar.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to have no life' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell just behind Raging Goat on the list," Joey said.

4th April 2007 03:57 PM
pdog Asholism is on the rise....
4th April 2007 04:04 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

So you're saying he actually did snort his father?

Yes he did.
4th April 2007 04:06 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Yes he did.

Keith's comment was dumber than two(2) bald guys fighting over a comb...
[Edited by jb]
4th April 2007 04:07 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

Keith's comment was dumber than two(2) bald guys fighting over a comb...
[Edited by jb]

I AM NOT BOLD!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)