ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Favorite Iggy Pop/stooges songs (ns) Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 25th, 2005 03:15 PM
Factory Girl List Up!!
March 25th, 2005 03:53 PM
GimmeExile

The first two songs that kick off Fun House--"Down on the Street" and "Loose"--come to mind as my favorites.

[Edited by GimmeExile]
March 25th, 2005 04:00 PM
Factory Girl Great picks, GimmeE.

Some of Mine:

Pumping for Jill

Miss Argentina

Dirt

Down on the Street

Loose
March 25th, 2005 04:06 PM
GimmeExile FG, have you ever seen Iggy live? I saw him at the Recher Theatre in Towson, Md. in November 2001 and he was a powerhouse.

I was hoping for a Stooges reunion tour after their successful Coachella show a couple years ago, but nothing ever developed from that.
March 25th, 2005 04:11 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
List Up!!

Geez, I hate to sound like a neophyte and list obvious choices, but I am in love with "Search and Destroy" and also have a soft spot for "Raw Power".

Gimme E, the Stooges DID do a small tour - I remember that they did the Beacon Theater and Jones Beach. And SS saw them (AND the NY friggin' DOLLS) at Little Steven's Garage festival last August.
March 25th, 2005 04:27 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Geez, I hate to sound like a neophyte and list obvious choices, but I am in love with "Search and Destroy" and also have a soft spot for "Raw Power".

Gimme E, the Stooges DID do a small tour - I remember that they did the Beacon Theater and Jones Beach. And SS saw them (AND the NY friggin' DOLLS) at Little Steven's Garage festival last August.

The obvious choices are great, too, especially "I Wanna Be Your Dog."

I thought they did a handful of shows, as you mentioned, but no full tour.
March 25th, 2005 04:46 PM
Madafaka I like all the album "Brick by Brick"
March 25th, 2005 05:12 PM
Phog Loose
Search And Destroy
TV Eye
Gimme Danger
March 25th, 2005 05:17 PM
IanBillen
"Shakin' All Over" from Avenue B.

Sure, it's not both Iggy Pop and the Stooges and he didn't write it but that song simply kicks. There's your good production by Donnie Was.

I love the album Avenue B. It's so personal. It's real. A man with regrets and a changing latter age train of thought. Yet in the end he...."keeps on truckin".

Ian
March 25th, 2005 06:07 PM
JumpingKentFlash "Searh And Destroy" and "No Fun" are my faves.....
March 25th, 2005 07:28 PM
mac_daddy any of them from the first two albums...

esp. those that hellride (perk, watt, distefano) decides to play send me a pm if you stoges fans want to check them out...

March 25th, 2005 09:49 PM
Soldatti Lust For Life and Brick by Brick albums.
March 25th, 2005 10:20 PM
kahoosier I love Brick by Brick. The Idiot and Lust for Life were fine, though some how the early Stooges work that everyone praises escapes me.

I had the chance to see Iggy in 81 in Detroit at the Silverdome. He was one of the openers for the Stones that night, followed by Santana. I have to admit, even though it was Motor City, Iggy's home town, I have never seen a performer treated so badly as he was that night. People threw stuff at him throughout his performance. I have heard that Prince was treated badly, but I do not remember anyone talking about this before.
March 26th, 2005 01:20 AM
Sir Stonesalot Gimme...

They did more than a handful of dates...about 15 or so I think.

One of those shows is preserved forever on DVD...the homecoming show at Detroit. It must be seen to be believed. Pure rock n roll mayhem. Flea...you think that Dolls DVD is something, wait til you get a load of THIS thing.

Search & Destroy is a sort of theme song for me. One of a handful of tunes that changed my life.

I Wanna Be Your Dog
TV Eye
5 foot one
Raw Power

I dunno, there's so many that I love, and so little space to list them all......
March 26th, 2005 02:01 AM
LadyJane For some strange reason "I wanna be Your Dog" comes to mind.

"Lust for Life" and "Wild One" cannot be ignored.

LJ.
March 26th, 2005 02:08 AM
Sir Stonesalot >For some strange reason "I wanna be Your Dog" comes to mind.<

Oh please be talking to me.

I'll walk yer ass good girl! Puppy want a bone?

March 26th, 2005 10:24 AM
edithgrove "I Wanna Be Your Dog" tops my list. Iggy & The Stooges were at the Voodoo Fest in New Orleans in Oct., 2003. I've never seen so much energy from a fifty-something year old on stage as I did that night. His set preceded Marilyn Manson's and he did everything he could to piss off the goth kids that were camping out in front of the stage, and he did.
March 26th, 2005 10:44 AM
glencar The Passenger.
March 26th, 2005 12:06 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
"Searh And Destroy" and "No Fun" are my faves.....

ditto
March 26th, 2005 02:01 PM
lotsajizz I'm a "TV Eye" and "Fun House" kinda guy....
March 26th, 2005 02:02 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
For some strange reason "I wanna be Your Dog" comes to mind.

"Lust for Life" and "Wild One" cannot be ignored.

LJ.

'Wild One' is a Jerry Lee Lewis cover...the Killer's version is at least as good
March 26th, 2005 03:00 PM
Barney Fife "I Got a Right!"
March 26th, 2005 03:08 PM
JumpingKentFlash Lust For Life and The Idiot is not Iggy & The Stooges. That's Iggy Pop solo (Iggy doing songs from Bowie's trash can mostly).
March 26th, 2005 05:49 PM
glencar It seems this thread is about either his solo or Stooges material, whether or not it's from Bowie trashcan.
March 27th, 2005 08:29 AM
mac_daddy yeah, and to hear the ashetons tell it, raw power isnt stooges material, either. the REAL stooges only had those two albums in the late 60s (i believe - please correct me if i am wrong). groundbreaking sh*t, when you think about it - there really isnt a bad tune either of those albums...
March 28th, 2005 01:13 PM
Factory Girl 5 Foot 1!

GimmeE, I saw Iggy live 5 times. I saw Alice In Chains open for Iggy!
March 28th, 2005 02:44 PM
Zeeta Down on the Street - Awesome

Cock in my Pocket - Super!

Search & Destroy - Life affirming

Raw Power LP is something that will probrably never be met in terms of adrenaline filled rock and roll. That album, the redux issue is by FAR the loudest album in my collection! I'll have maybe some Clash on and then some Stones on pretty damn loud but then put Raw Power on and it is seriously about 2 or 3 times louder than anything else!

What does the original un-remastered one sound like?

Anyone know an album louder by the way? In terms of production obviously not just how loud ya turn it up! LOL...
March 29th, 2005 08:50 AM
exile LOOSE !!!!!!
March 29th, 2005 09:00 AM
FotiniD TV Eye, most of all
No Fun
I Wanna be your Dog

I saw Iggy with the Stooges live last summer. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. I should have been paying more attention to the whole reunion happening right before my eyes, but Iggy got me in a trance. The man ROCKS like a wild animal!!!
March 30th, 2005 04:16 PM
icydanger
The passenger is a song i will never forget
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood