ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Hagar are back! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-24-04 06:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot I know Flea.

I can't believe it either.

It's OK though....we can flee somewhere together when they invade our neck of the woods. I'll drive. Very far.

Unless....we just shoot them? We could claim that we thought they were deer trying to destroy our crops.

Not a judge in PA would convict us.
03-24-04 06:15 PM
glencar
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
I like some Van Halen but those ARE funny! I think Dave would look better if he shaved the head - went for a Bruce Willis look or something.

Someone says he's going to be on "The Sopranos" this Sunday. He hasn't had a year this big since his bust in Washington Square Park.
03-24-04 06:20 PM
Zeeta I am with peanut, Van Halen are pussies!

Anyway I don't get them at all!

But if 80s rock is your thing, and definitely ROCK it is, then so be it!

Better than Queen though!

03-24-04 07:03 PM
Bloozehound Halen I & II and 1984 were pretty damn good, if not down right excellent albums.

Say what you want about their later albums, but in the 80's they were definately better than Aerosmith, and it doesn't take much to beat a Queen.
[Edited by Bloozehound]
03-24-04 07:16 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Halen I & II and 1984 were pretty damn good if not down right excellent albums.

Say what you want about their later albums, but in the 80's they were definately better than Aerosmith, and it doesn't take much to beat Queen.

Don't forget Fair Warning!
03-24-04 07:36 PM
nankerphelge Love Sammy's Cons!

But the matching outfit is a bit much!

Howe could he dress like that?

03-24-04 07:52 PM
Bloozehound nankerphelge you've obviously never been to old mex were I hear Sam likes to hang in his spare time.

The tropical parrot look is very chic there, lol, macawbowabo

[Edited by Bloozehound]
03-24-04 08:15 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I am with peanut, Van Halen are pussies!

Anyway I don't get them at all!

But if 80s rock is your thing, and definitely ROCK it is, then so be it!

Better than Queen though!

CHECK YOUR TEXTBOOK GENIUS, ON WHEN VAN HALEN 1 AND 2 WERE RELEASED.
03-24-04 08:23 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

CHECK YOUR TEXTBOOK GENIUS, ON WHEN VAN HALEN 1 AND 2 WERE RELEASED.

i say he should check his ears instead
03-24-04 08:33 PM
corgi37 I adore OU812. Brings back such awesome memories. Mainly of girls, and my good, loyal, mate Dasher (Dec'd). It was a happy, happy, clappy, clappy (Clap dont make me hap) time. But, i saw them with that Extreme wanker when they toured here a few years back. Mind you, VH never had the time to tour Oz in their prime, only when no one else gave a stuff about them. I only went to see them, because Kings of the Sun were the support. Well, the Kings were tops. Eddie was good, but way too cliched and, um, kinda uncool. This was when grunge was still sputtering along. The singer was so bad. So very bad. The only thing i liked about him was that HIS axe man, Nuno Bettencourt, married an Aussie. But, VH,version 3, were shocking. It was all over, and they couldnt accept it. By the way, I prefer Hagar the Horrible to Dave. The guy looks fantastic for his age. What is he??? 57? 58?
The above opinion is Corgi's only. It does not reflect normal peoples views.
P.S. YAY!!!! Dawn of the Dead knocked off Jesus. Zombie's rule.
03-24-04 10:46 PM
Martha FPM..I'm ROTFLMAO!!! All I can say is I love Eddie's guitar playing.....and I had fun seeing them with Diamond Dave in the late 70's. And again with Gary whats-his-face in the late 90's, because EDDIE was there.

I watched Eddie play that guitar all night long. It was 100 degrees that night with matching humidity at the show in '97. I thought Eddie was gonna be electrocuted the sweat was literally pouring down his chest in sheets onto his axe.

KWS had opened for VH and strutted his shit, but Eddie came on stage and took him down....no problem.

However, now that I think about it Eddie looks a bit strange too. Strange in a diffferent way than the two baffoons who used to sing (I'm still cracking up over those shots). Let's see some shots of Eddie while you're at it! LOL
03-25-04 02:05 AM
FPM C10 I've always said I'd like Led Zepplin better if the singer was as cool as the guitar player. I STILL don't think I'd like Van Halen even in THAT case, but Eddie IS the only good thing about them.

Making fun of Dave and Sam today is like shooting fish in a barrel. They make it way too easy. But I retain a modicum of respect for Eddie...even though his style of playing spawned an entire genre of 80s dreck that makes me want to wretch. He DID popularize the hammer-on, and practically invented the wiggle finger!

The only VH song I'd give you a dime for is "Ice Cream Man", and only the first half - before the band stumbles in and thuds it to death like all their other songs.

What? Oh, sure....

03-25-04 02:10 AM
Taptrick

Is that Johnny Winter's Dad?

[Edited by Taptrick]
03-25-04 05:50 AM
Zeeta I ain't claimin to be a genuis on fuckin Val Gaylen.

Couldn't give two shits.

Don't like 'em so don't care
03-25-04 09:14 AM
full moon VH has been dead for years...... But, Roth is the voice.........
03-25-04 09:33 AM
Some Guy Can someone please post a recent picture of Eddie. I haven't seen him in a while.
03-25-04 10:21 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Don't like 'em so don't care

then save this thread for people who do
03-25-04 11:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Can someone please post a recent picture of Eddie. I haven't seen him in a while.

Well, this isn't a very good pic but I think it's recent. I think he beat his cancer too. But I'm not positive.

03-25-04 11:17 AM
Taptrick I hope it's not too recent - looks like he's still trying to beat back that cancer. He's gonna wind up like the hundred of people I see every year at the hospital- wheeling the oxygen tank out to the smoking area. I was going to say that must be tough for him living in Cali where you can't smoke in a bar - but he probably doesn't venture out in public a whole lot.
[Edited by Taptrick]
03-25-04 11:46 AM
Some Guy Thanks TTM, he still looks the same just a little older, it will be intresting to hear some new stuff.
Looking at these pictures of Eddie and Dave and to see how they have aged, Damn Mick looks Great!!
Stones Rule!
[Edited by Some Guy]
03-25-04 11:51 AM
Joey " Well, this isn't a very good pic but I think it's recent. I think he beat his cancer too. But I'm not positive. "

Nobody " Beats " Cancer .....................it ALWAYS comes back !!!!! Period !!!!

Jacky Wayne !
03-25-04 11:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
I hope it's not too recent - looks like he's still trying to beat back that cancer. He's gonna wind up like the hundred of people I see every year at the hospital- wheeling the oxygen tank out to the smoking area. I was going to say that must be tough for him living in CAli where you can't smoke in a bar - but he probably doesn't venture out in public a whoile lot.

Well, he'll venture out in public quite alot if he tours. I can't believe he'd tour if he hadn't beaten it. But then again I suppose nothing can keep some of these guys off the road. Also on a side note Maine just went the "no smokng in bars route" as of last January. Big Brother knows best. It's all for a good cause though. Well the road to hell IS paved with good intentions after all. LOL.
03-25-04 01:33 PM
polksalad69 Luckiest man in the world I say.

03-25-04 01:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Not as lucky as Ringo...

03-25-04 02:05 PM
jb wHAT'S THAT SONG THEY HAVE ABOUT jANIE CRYING?
03-25-04 02:24 PM
polksalad69
quote:
jb wrote:
wHAT'S THAT SONG THEY HAVE ABOUT jANIE CRYING?

WHAT'S THAT SONG THEY HAVE ABOUT jANIE CRYING?

Janie's got a gun and she's crying.
hahahah
03-25-04 05:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
wHAT'S THAT SONG THEY HAVE ABOUT jANIE CRYING?

Jamies crying-VHI
03-26-04 07:15 PM
crb69 Wham Bham, Oh Amsterdam...STONE YOU like no one else can!!! I cAn't wait dudes! Van Halen / Van Hagar either way it's only rock n' roll and we like it!

Eddie and Co. can play! Check out their last CD if y'all can recall, "BALANCE" F'IN' ROCKS!!!!!!!
03-26-04 07:38 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
crb69 wrote:
Wham Bham, Oh Amsterdam...STONE YOU like no one else can!!! I cAn't wait dudes! Van Halen / Van Hagar either way it's only rock n' roll and we like it!

Eddie and Co. can play! Check out their last CD if y'all can recall, "BALANCE" F'IN' ROCKS!!!!!!!

glad you also consider Balance their last album. I think all us VH fans would like to put that 3 albums far behind us
03-26-04 08:21 PM
Some Guy The Van Halen web site just put up a picture, its with Sammy. They look kinda cool.
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH