ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith N Prince! Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-22-04 05:49 PM
Martha
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Me and throbby are going to see Prince at MSG in early July. Anyone else?????
This little dude kicks ass. He is a consummate perfomer and musician. He has the place dancing all night. Funk, jazz and rock n roll.

EnJOY that show Luxy and Throbby! We caught Prince a couple years ago..HOLY CRAP his clothing is to die for....and he is a PERFECTIONIST. Watch him closely EVERYTHING is timed perfectly!

He makes his guitar playing look absolutely effortless. I loved watching Dhani laughing when Prince fell backwards into the body guards arms never missing a lick last night playing lead on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"....nice addition. I'm glad Dhani got such a kick out of it. :-)

BTW, Do you want to be remembered for your fame or for your truth? I don't remember the exact quote, but I DUG the shit out of what Olivia had to say about George. Does someone here recall it exactly?
03-22-04 07:34 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan Back to the subject..lol I didn't know how to spell the Harrison "kid"s name but well anyway.....Prince is going to be here in our town soon I'm thinking about going! And what was Keef saying exactly?? lol Gotta love him! And somebody might get offended but I just think Dave Matthews is fucking weird anyway! And Bruces speach wasn't that interesting either....Peace everybody!
03-22-04 07:46 PM
Bloozehound Were they laughing AT Keef, or WITH him.

I couldn't exactly tell, and I don't think he could either, but then again he probably doesn't give a fuk...
03-22-04 08:13 PM
parmeda
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Me and throbby are going to see Prince at MSG in early July. Anyone else?????
This little dude kicks ass. He is a consummate perfomer and musician. He has the place dancing all night. Funk, jazz and rock n roll.

Yep, Lux...last night iced my cake!
(What timing!!!)
This morning at 10AM I snatched a few tickets for June 25th.
He's doing a theater-in-the-round at the All State Arena here (not a bad seat in the house that way!)...is he doing that at MSG?

And btw...I want those fucking shoes he had on last night dammit. (Go ahead all you guys, roll yer eyeballs...I can take it, lol)
03-22-04 09:48 PM
cwatts0462 yeah prince has come a long way since being laughed
off the stage when opening for the stones
03-23-04 12:14 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Parmeda...what did the shoes look like?? LOL
03-23-04 04:47 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Were they laughing AT Keef, or WITH him.

I couldn't exactly tell, and I don't think he could either, but then again he probably doesn't give a fuk...

I think they were laughing along - enjoying the ... speech that is

You have to listen to it two or three times to get the full picture... It's been transcribed at Shidoobee's Keith doing the Keith routine, God! Each line doesn't seem to be connected AT ALL with the next, but it's so damn funny. You got to love the guy.

03-23-04 04:53 AM
FotiniD Oh, and was it Robert Plant shown in a snippet while Keith was giving his speech? I simply ADORE that man

By the way, you can also save the .rm file using software like Streambox VCR or the like.
03-23-04 05:39 AM
zebulon
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Oh, and was it Robert Plant shown in a snippet while Keith was giving his speech? I simply ADORE that man :cool

Yup, that was him!

And for all those who are too lazy so switch, here's what Stonesdough gave as a transcript of Keefs speech:

quote:
THANKS OLDKR

Pre:

I�m goin on about the spirit you know and its rock n roll ! what do I do where do I go

Happy Plays To induct ZZ Top into the rock n roll hall of fam ladies and gentlemen Keith Richards!

Ladies
And Gentlemen
How ya doin?
Hey I guess we all still have jobs, Ok
Errr sorry rock n roll hall of fame right
Errrm what it all about it I guess we�re talkin errr about consistency and logevity
Believe me I know all about it
No notes � ten bucks
Errrm It�s only rock n roll
(but I like it ) Yeah cool
Anyway where was I? Consistency and longevity, which means who can do it good longest, we all know about that ladies right
And Im gonna talk to you a little bit about why I�m here , which is to ya know bring in a bunch of great guys which to me , I mean Texas the heart of the matter is rock n roll and the blues , we have to talk about the blues here because we cannot leave it out , without it we�re nowhere and the cats are steeped in the blues
So am I
Steeped in several other things as well.
Shit that�s neither here nor there
You know bida bing bida band bida boom
Erm you know rock n roll a winner you know we just had the dells on what a pleasure oooh a and Prince for kicking it off dynamite! You know Jackson what a variety, what an expression of music has come out of us all and without getting to deep cos I�m not gonna get into the spiritual! Oh by the way thanks to all your mothers that�s that, right erm anybody else I missed!

Errr and what I want to say about the guys I�m gonna bring on you know itsssitsa solid band it�s the heartbeat of the whole country of rock n roll , it�s the roots these cats know their blues and they know how to dress it up , when I first saw em I thought I hope these guys are not on the run cos that disguise is not gonna work man , you know !
You�re busssted

And errr but obviously they�re still on the run the frame has held, and well its really my honor and my joy to bring on ZZ Top! Peace

just a quick thing for all the americans about the 'no notes-- 10 bucks' line in england a $10 bill would be called a $10 note - thats where the joke lies - hence the laughs - wasn't just a random keef moment !!

zebulon/waterrats
[Edited by zebulon]
03-23-04 07:31 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Well, well, Joey, still racing with jb for who gets to 8K posts first? "

ROTFL! Oooh, you're too black, Mr Kettle!

quote:
jb wrote:
Don't try to divide us my French friend...our kins know how to stick together.

I wouldn't dream about it. BTW, I hope you'll invite the ROffers at your wedding! Did you find a name for the first baby yet?

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
03-23-04 09:04 AM
parmeda
quote:
Riff-Hard-Fan wrote:
Parmeda...what did the shoes look like?? LOL

Hey! They were HOT!
He's into the 'cuban heel' thing...has been for years.
They were white (ankle boots, I think) and the heel had rhinestones on a clear base.

Very sexy
03-23-04 11:36 AM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Were they laughing AT Keef, or WITH him.

03-23-04 11:37 AM
jb
quote:
cwatts0462 wrote:
yeah prince has come a long way since being laughed
off the stage when opening for the stones

03-23-04 11:37 AM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

03-23-04 12:16 PM
Joey " I wouldn't dream about it. BTW, I hope you'll invite the ROffers at your wedding! Did you find a name for the first baby yet? "

**** BLANK STARE ****
03-23-04 12:18 PM
jb Yanamomma initiation into puberty involves the smacking of the penis with a hard, wood like object.
03-23-04 12:19 PM
Joey " Yanamomma initiation into puberty involves the smacking of the penis with a hard, wood like object. "

03-24-04 02:03 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Damn now I gotta watch HOF again to check out Prince's shoes!!! (LOL PARMEDA!)
03-24-04 02:17 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

I think they were laughing along - enjoying the ... speech that is

You have to listen to it two or three times to get the full picture... It's been transcribed at Shidoobee's Keith doing the Keith routine, God! Each line doesn't seem to be connected AT ALL with the next, but it's so damn funny. You got to love the guy.

Wow, I'll say. I just read that "speech".
Thanks, I think.
It made a bit more sense after reading it, but still,
if Keith Richards wasn't "The Keith Richards"
i think we'd all be like "that poor son-of-a-bitch. He must a blew his brain on some GOOOOOOD shit."
His train of thought goes all over the freaking stratosphere.
lol
weird.
03-24-04 02:24 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Just looking at Keith makes me smile, he dosen't have ta say a thing!
[Edited by Riff-Hard-Fan]
03-24-04 07:40 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
He must a blew his brain on some GOOOOOOD shit."
His train of thought goes all over the freaking stratosphere.
lol
weird.

Yeah, wouldn't we love to try some, LOL!
03-24-04 11:43 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan This is your brain..This is your brain on DRUGS! A one second attention span. Oh well who gives a shit? Keef sure dosen't seem to!
03-24-04 11:46 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan One more thing..At least when Keith was talking we weren't thinking Shut the hell up and get on with it! (At least I wasn't!)LoL
03-25-04 05:58 PM
Joey " One more thing..At least when Keith was talking we weren't thinking Shut the hell up and get on with it! (At least I wasn't!)LoL "

See Pete " Get On With It " Townshend for THAT one !!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ the Y !

03-26-04 01:28 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH