ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith N Prince! Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-22-04 02:59 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan After watching the Hall of Fame thingy tonight I must say that Keith was absolutely cool...and funny as Hell. And hey whats your opinions on Prince???? He was playing the shit outa that guitar. One more thing...Danny Harrsion is a clone of his Dad in his younger days. ??
03-22-04 06:46 AM
Pattie
Dhani love, Dhani Harrison
03-22-04 06:51 AM
Steel Wheels Prince was fantastic, as was Keef! I wish the coverage was better - the editing of the music numbers was bothersome.
03-22-04 08:57 AM
LadyJane I taped it, but managed to catch some of it as well.

Keith was, well, Keith. Say what you will, I find him funny, witty and almost shy to be in the spotlight.

The George Harrison induction was great and watching his son Dhani was eerie, especially when he was playing and singing. Prince's solo on "My Guitar Gently Weeps" was awesome. It was nice to see Yoko (who looked very elegant IMO) and Sean Lennon on hand for support.

Saving Mick for later!

LJ.
03-22-04 10:26 AM
Monkey Woman Yeah, Keith was very funny and witty! He had the audience laughing like crazy! Mick was... Mick! Ironic, beautiful, campy...

Waterrats on Shidoobee has the links to clips of each Glimmer Twin performance from the VH1 broadcast. See his post here:
http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=7683.topic
They may not be there long but you can save at least Mick's video in WM format...
03-22-04 11:49 AM
telecaster I have been speaking "Keith" for years but even I had to play back the tape a couple times to figure this one out
03-22-04 12:35 PM
Martha Great show! Gazza you'll be getting your copy soon! I recorded the second time it aired, so it won't be a second generation dub. hehehe.......

Prince KILLS on that guitar, I can dig it! "Gently Weeps" is such killer song anyway....I though it was a great night.

BTW, We are going to the movie theater in Columbus next Monday night (29th) to see the opening show of Prince's tour, which takes place in LA at the Staples center. Our friend Kenton who we stayed with in LA when I won the Stones tickets is going. It will be a satellite simulcast dealio like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers did on my b-day October 15th 2002 from a smaller club in LA. If you are interested in seeing the opening show in a theater near you go to:

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20040309/D8171CH81.html

Keef is simply a gas gas gas as is Mick! Mick was camp-a-rama! He LOVES to go for the camp! LOL I really enJOYed the entire show!

I was glad to see Yoko and Sean there also, I'm sure they were there for Jann as well. And Robert Plant (shhh don't mention this to Stonesy)...was there also, and he NEVER hurts my eyes! LOL No Pagey though. Robbie Robertson and my ex-husband Johnny Mellencamp were also in attendance.

I thought the Boss was absolutely HILARIOUS inducting Jackson Browne...and Jackson kicks ass live...catch-up with that show if you haven't already seen him lately. Slide City!

Now...LET'S ROCK!!!!

with peace and love to you all,
Martha (the formerl Mrs. Mellencamp)
03-22-04 12:39 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Prince was fantastic, as was Keef! I wish the coverage was better - the editing of the music numbers was bothersome.

That was bothersome and Prince should play the guitar more.
03-22-04 02:33 PM
gypsy Did anyone else find Dave Matthews' speech as annoying as I did? I swear, my grandma's Shoney's diarrhea stories don't even go on as long as Dave's boring speech.
However, the rest of the show was great...everyone was very witty...and I really enjoyed their speeches and the old footage. Loved Keith, of course!
03-22-04 02:45 PM
Joey " Did anyone else find Dave Matthews' speech as annoying as I did? "

" I swear, my grandma's Shoney's diarrhea stories don't even go on as long as Dave's boring speech. "

" However, the rest of the show was great...everyone was very witty...and I really enjoyed their speeches and the old footage. Loved Keith, of course! "

03-22-04 03:42 PM
Monkey Woman Even Jann Wenner had a funny comment. Notice that just before saying the Rolling Stones are still his favorite band, Jann adds: "Thank you and Muddy Waters and Bob Dylan for the name!"
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
03-22-04 03:48 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Did anyone else find Dave Matthews' speech as annoying as I did? "

" I swear, my grandma's Shoney's diarrhea stories don't even go on as long as Dave's boring speech. "

------------------------------------------------------------

Your new use of the emotion icons is brilliant...your editing skills are razor sharp, and you continuoulsy elevate this board to new heights.
------------------------------------------------------------

" However, the rest of the show was great...everyone was very witty...and I really enjoyed their speeches and the old footage. Loved Keith, of course! "

[Edited by jb]
03-22-04 03:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Even Jann Wenner had a funny comment. Notice that just before saying the Rolling Stones are still his favorite band, Jann adds: "Thank you and Muddy Waters and Bob Dylan for the name!"
[Edited by Monkey Woman]

03-22-04 03:52 PM
Monkey Woman Well, well, Joey, still racing with jb for who gets to 8K posts first?
03-22-04 03:54 PM
Joey " Well, well, Joey, still racing with jb for who gets to 8K posts first? "

03-22-04 03:56 PM
jb Don't try to divide us my French friend...our kins know how to stick together.
03-22-04 04:05 PM
Joey " Don't try to divide us my French friend...our kins know how to stick together "

Damn Straight !

Besides , it was Josh who took two months off whilst allowing me to get to within two hundred posts in the FIRST place .
03-22-04 04:12 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Don't try to divide us my French friend...our kins know how to stick together "

Damn Straight !

Besides , it was Josh who took two months off whilst allowing me to get to within two hundred posts in the FIRST place .

It was done out of love.
03-22-04 04:14 PM
Joey " It was done out of love "

I would like to nibble your elbows .
03-22-04 04:19 PM
luxury1 Me and throbby are going to see Prince at MSG in early July. Anyone else?????
This little dude kicks ass. He is a consummate perfomer and musician. He has the place dancing all night. Funk, jazz and rock n roll.
03-22-04 04:24 PM
jb I love throbby....
03-22-04 04:24 PM
Joey

Throbby is a Great Man ( see Corgi38 )
03-22-04 04:25 PM
jb He looks great for 38!
03-22-04 04:28 PM
Joey In guerilla warfare we have a concept called low intensity conflict. It is as valid today as it was 35 years ago; in fact, three thousand years ago. Simply put, it dictates that the object of the protracted conflict is not to win, it is merely not to lose. It is linked to the concept of not being where expected, catching an enemy by surprise, harassing at every opportunity, going dormant for periods of time to lull the enemy into vulnerable complacency and wearing down the morale and forcing the enemy to apply more and more resources over longer supply lines for years at a time to bankrupt the opposition on all levels. It is, in it's simplest form, the drip� drip� drip� of fluid abrasion.

Developing ..................................

Shiver .......................................
03-22-04 04:29 PM
jb I just saw on my aol screen that a mamba killed the snake man...
03-22-04 04:30 PM
luxury1 Throbby is 38????????
03-22-04 04:31 PM
Joey " I just saw on my aol screen that a mamba killed the snake man... "

Mama loves Jamba !!!!!!!

Papa loves Mamba !!!!!!!

?
03-22-04 04:32 PM
jb I think so..give or take 2 or 3 years...
03-22-04 04:39 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I think so..give or take 2 or 3 years...

For Stoney : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca !
03-22-04 04:49 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Well, well, Joey, still racing with jb for who gets to 8K posts first?

There's always going to be someone w/more.

Posts: 9801 | Registered: Feb 2003 | Profile | PM | IP Logged

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Mar 2002 | Profile | PM | IP Logged

http://www.novogate.com/board/5303/183214-1.html?PHPSESSID=6fef7c40591bdd9acab1f7f6bc87ff30

I don't post over there btw.
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH