ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend
Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hidden voices and other hidden vocals in Stones songs Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th March 2006 08:36 AM
balancer If youplay back the end of 'Mixed Emotions' you can hear "the Dartford Renegades in your face"
13th March 2006 10:04 AM
Zambero This goes way back. Has anyone else detected the very Ray Charles-ish voice that surfaces on "Money", from the band's 1st '63 EP? The voice weaves in from out of nowhere and clearly sings "Oh come on baby, yeah yeah". It doesn't sound remotely like Jagger, or any of the others (Brian and Bill provide the "That's what I want!" backups). I'm speculating that there may have been a bit of primitive sampling going on, dubbing the genius's voice onto the track. At the moment I don't have the track timing in minutes/seconds for this mystery voice but could pinpoint for anyone expressing interest who might want to give it a listen.
14th March 2006 07:37 AM
corgi37 And guess what Gazza - No one DID notice. No one bought the turkey.
14th March 2006 10:33 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

Bill Wyman's wife getting raped by some spade while Bill hid under the bed... etc...

Nice! "Spade" is not a word I recommend you using to describe someone in public. Unreal!
14th March 2006 12:27 PM
Saint Sway someone snorts a line at the end of Might As Well Get Juiced.

at the end of Slipping Away (stripped version) you can hear Keith say sweet - "suhhh-weeet"

you can hear clinking sounds - like a fork & knife and glasses in the kitchen - on a track on Exile - I think its on SBA

14th March 2006 12:59 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
someone snorts a line...

14th March 2006 11:54 PM
Throwaway Listen to "Tie You Up (Pain of Love)" and right after Chuck's organ finishes at the end, someone yells whhat sounds like..."oh yea!" but its almost unintelligable...sounds like some drunken stupor, "oh yea" is the closest English phrase I can think it sounds like.
18th March 2006 11:40 PM
Kilroy
quote:
pdog wrote:

Wow You really think so..............is that your mom, oh no it's your sister. I recognizer her now from the top of her head
19th March 2006 11:35 AM
star star let it loose is full of whispered talk, especially during the piano breaks
19th March 2006 11:10 PM
vox12string I recall reading that right at the start of Sympathy there are the sounds of Mick & a lady having a session in the studio.

Nobody's mentioned the 'where's that joint' bit on Satanic
20th March 2006 12:12 AM
CraigP
quote:
CraigP wrote:

It's because it's too audible to be 'hidden'

"Metallic"(woman's voice) right to "Where's that joint" by Mick.

I LOVE that intro. Such a cool punk intro to the trip right ahead.

20th March 2006 12:25 AM
Kilroy More Please More........... I hear you guys and go listen to them again, some I've heard some I've never paid an attection to. I want more please.
20th March 2006 01:19 AM
Child of the Moon You know which one blew my mind the first time I heard it? The intro to "Coming Down Again." Put on some headphones. You can actually hear Keith WETTING HIS LIPS as he prepares for his vocal. That's a fuckin' killer.

I've also always been a fan of that odd screaming in the background of "Sympathy" as Mick sings his first "But what's been puzzling you is the nature of my game" line. Vocal bleeds?
20th March 2006 02:32 AM
Altamont Listen to Mickboys remaster of Goats Head Soup. There's the version of Winter and you can hear what sounds like a cigarette lighter flicking at the beginning.

20th March 2006 06:22 AM
corgi37 Another!!! Undercover - All the way down - Right at the start - something like: "Dont wait for us at the beginning, just drop us in".

I'm sure "Just wanna see his face" has some stuff too, but damned if it aint a murky bitch of a track.
20th March 2006 07:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
vox12string wrote:

LOL...its said so loud and appears to be placed so deliberately, you couldnt miss it!
20th March 2006 07:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Listen to Mickboys remaster of Goats Head Soup. There's the version of Winter and you can hear what sounds like a cigarette lighter flicking at the beginning.

you can also hear a match being struck at the start of 'Sparks will fly', although considering the title I guess thats 'staged'
20th March 2006 08:07 AM
balancer there is fucking loads on Angie - all the way through in fact!!
23rd March 2006 01:42 PM
no night together who talks who laughs in the interrupted love in vain in stripped album? anybody knows?
23rd March 2006 01:45 PM
glencar Ronnie's talking there.
23rd March 2006 02:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ya'll know that this isn't just a localized Stones/Pink Floyd thing...right?

Extraneous sound gets on finished product all the time. In fact, there's extraneous sound on just about everything that was ever recorded by anyone. Especially when stuff is tracked live in a studio and there's bunches of people moving about. Sometimes it's so muted that it isn't noticable...sometimes it's very noticable, but works in the context of the song and they let it alone. Like in the Clash's Armegiddeon Time/No Justice when the producer, as instructed, cut in at a certain time mark to tell the band to stop...and Joe screams "Don't push us when we're HOT!"...it was just so appropos that they had to leave it in.

Sometimes stuff gets left on as an inside joke between band members or the band and the producer. A lot of that stuff gets recorded when everyone is sitting around doing back vocals. The band is listening through the headphones, and sometimes they just sat stuff without even realizing that they said anything at all...absentminded mumbles, answering questions without realizing they still had tape rolling, little giggles and chuckles...all sorts of things like that happen.

I guess it's fun trying to find that stuff....figure it out. I hardly pay attention to it myself. I figure it's supposed to be there. It adds character to the song. I hate stuff that sounds too perfect. IMO, rock n roll should have ragged edges, loose and off the cuff. All those little extraneous things, well they just add to the raggedness. I guess that's why I don't really get hung up on that stuff. I just expect it.
23rd March 2006 02:31 PM
no night together thanks mates.
23rd March 2006 06:25 PM
corgi37 Yeah, Angie is a mumble fest.
25th March 2006 11:27 AM
sssoul >> who talks who laughs in the interrupted love in vain in stripped album? anybody knows? <<

Keith & Ronnie.

and Let It Bleed is full of "ghost vocals" - the track, i mean, although i reckon there's no shortage of them throughout the album.
25th March 2006 02:20 PM
Lil Brian I was playing my private recording of Omaha backwards yesterday and they keep repeating something that sounds like 'best Stones yet, best Stones yet'.
[Edited by Lil Brian]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)