ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend
Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hidden voices and other hidden vocals in Stones songs Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th March 2006 11:37 PM
Kilroy I heard the Paint it Black voice in the Flash point Album right before YCAGWYW, and was amazed, I never heard it before. Are there others I need to have my attention called to.
11th March 2006 12:09 AM
Altamont There are ghost vocals / background noises and voices on some old tracks. I think you can hear some if you listen to Hide Your Love, Angie, and Sympathy on headphones.
11th March 2006 12:19 AM
CraigP Ahh, here's a man.
I've made a thread of this topic before but no one was really interested.
The best way to discover them is by listening thru headphones at a low to medium volume.

There are many "hidden" voices and sounds in many songs... i.e. The whole Satanic Majestie's album.

Even on ABB: For example, on ONNNYA, at the end of the song a couple measures after Mick say's "I better take my own advice" you can clearly make out someone sing (Maybe as in response): "I DO, I DO".

There are quite a few in ABB. I haven't listened to the album in months so I forget the others.

HEADPHONES: best thing to sliced bread.
11th March 2006 12:38 AM
pdog May I add, taking lots of acid makes this way more fun...
11th March 2006 03:25 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Ahh, here's a man.
I've made a thread of this topic before but no one was really interested.
The best way to discover them is by listening thru headphones at a low to medium volume.

There are many "hidden" voices and sounds in many songs... i.e. The whole Satanic Majestie's album.

Even on ABB: For example, on ONNNYA, at the end of the song a couple measures after Mick say's "I better take my own advice" you can clearly make out someone sing (Maybe as in response): "I DO, I DO".

There are quite a few in ABB. I haven't listened to the album in months so I forget the others.

There are tons in Rough Justice alone. Mostly Keith going, "Hey!" and the like.
11th March 2006 03:41 AM
erikjjf Ronnie can be heard laughing at one point during "How Can I Stop".
11th March 2006 05:19 AM
corgi37 Good thread. Goats head soup has heaps of little sneaky voices in the songs. Angie for sure. Winter. Seems like someone is yelling in the background. Dont know why that album. Maybe the way it was recorded. Its odd. Sway i think has some weird stuff on it. Exile of course.

The sample from Ya-ya's on Flashpoint is very odd as its so obvious.

And, one of the all time things that has me stumped. It aint the Stones though. Its Squeeze. Their great track "tempted". Right at the end, towards fade-out, the line "tempted by the fruit of another" is repeated. Right on top of that, over dubbed very obviously, is some one saying "Leipzig" or some thing that sounds like that.
11th March 2006 08:04 AM
theanchorman lots on Rocks Off....

My favorite is the one towards the end on Lowdown...some black guy is making a sound like a ghost - it's very deep and the 1st time I noticed it...it scared the living crap out of me...
11th March 2006 09:56 AM
Paranoid_Android I am sure it's not news to anyone...but PINK FLOYD on The Wall...Empty Spaces...right after they sing "What shall we do, to fill the empty spaces"...the backwards msg says...congratulations...you have discovered the secret msg...send you answers to Old Pink, c/o the funny farm...
11th March 2006 10:07 AM
nankerphelge I have heard stuff on Thru and Thru and the end without headphones.

Rocks Off too.

In Flip The Switch after "I'm not gonna burn in hell" you can hear Keith say "oh no" -- and after "I've cased the joint and I know it well" he says Oh yeah!

Can You Hear the Music has some

I have proven the Wall dealie myself when I was 17 using vinyl.

11th March 2006 10:15 AM
Honky Tonk Man If I remember rightly, you can hear some sniggering by the boys at the beginning of the SACD version of Flight 505.
11th March 2006 11:40 AM
keefjunkie Actually after he says the congrats youve found the secret message part you can here Nick(PF Drummer) yelling into the control room "Roger (his wifes name who escapes me at the moment) is on the phone!"
11th March 2006 01:33 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
CraigP wrote:

Yes, indeed.
11th March 2006 02:09 PM
MrPleasant "I love you, said the devil".
11th March 2006 07:10 PM
Kilroy More Please, give me more
11th March 2006 07:51 PM
Gazza listen to 'Beast of Burden' with headphones

when you get to the bridge, check out the bit at 2:19 where Mick says "I tell ya"...immediately afterwards you can hear the original vocal track 'bleeding' through - he introduces the original bridge at 2:20 with "wanna tell you somethin'" and at 2:31 you can hear clearly the original vocals underneath at various points thereafter for about the next 25 seconds (it has the effect of a sort of 'echo' on the more audible overdubbed track)

It seems that its only the bridge part of the song which has had the lead vocal re-done
[Edited by Gazza]
11th March 2006 08:04 PM
Altamont At the very end of Sweet Virginia you can hear someone clapping, then say "far out".
11th March 2006 08:12 PM
glencar Is that with headphones or without?
11th March 2006 08:21 PM
Altamont I heard it on the stereo. You have to listen close and it only comes through either the right or left channel, can't remember which.
11th March 2006 09:26 PM
Soldatti Sweet Virginia is full of voices.
12th March 2006 03:42 AM
rogerriffin Hidden voices? mmmm, Rocksoff of Live Licks
12th March 2006 05:01 AM
corgi37 Yeah, "Far out" on Virginia is very noticeable. Keith's shaky "Yeah" at the end of Brown Sugar is downright historic.

Speaking of "Bleeding" vocals, whats the fucking deal with "Whole lotta love"????

Sympathy has some mumbled stuff at the start too. Anyone know what is said?
12th March 2006 05:16 AM
Altamont
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

I reckon it's chit chat of the people in a circle around the mic that you see in Godards One Plus One film before they start singing the "whoo" "whoo's". Keith, Brian, Marianne, Anita etc..?
12th March 2006 07:50 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:
Hidden voices? mmmm, Rocksoff of Live Licks

Yeah. You can hear the editor yelling "CUT NOW, CUT NOW.........Ah damn, too late". Hence the great edting on Rocks Off.
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
12th March 2006 09:45 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

I believe...and I may be wrong...but I think it's Mick reminding everyone..."remember...it's a Samba...a Samba..."
13th March 2006 06:50 AM
Break The Spell Satanic Majesties has lots, my favorites include someone playing a slide guitar in the background at the end of "In Another Land" during the snoring, and somebody chanting in a gostly whisper "I Hate You" at the end of "Sing This Altogether (See What Happens)". The car horn on "Country Honk" off LIB is a nice touch too.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
13th March 2006 06:57 AM
corgi37 I can just imagine Jagger in his effeminate mannerisms waltzing around the group saying "Its a samba!" hahahaha.

Country Honk is a classic. Byron Berline standing out in the street playing his fiddle. Apart from recording Exile in a basement with air-vents with Nazi emblems on them, that is just so bloody cool.

Back to Goats head. Isnt Dancing with Mr. D supposed to have screams from a actual voodoo ritual?
13th March 2006 07:01 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I can just imagine Jagger in his effeminate mannerisms waltzing around the group saying "Its a samba!" hahahaha.

Country Honk is a classic. Byron Berline standing out in the street playing his fiddle. Apart from recording Exile in a basement with air-vents with Nazi emblems on them, that is just so bloody cool.

Back to Goats head. Isnt Dancing with Mr. D supposed to have screams from a actual voodoo ritual?

I love the start of Mr. D. when you hear Mick say "You're dead".
13th March 2006 07:39 AM
theanchorman
quote:

Never heard that one before - where did u hear that?

Lots of little known things occured during the recording of that album. Bill Wyman's wife getting raped by some spade while Bill hid under the bed... etc...
13th March 2006 08:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:

Yeah. You can hear the editor yelling "CUT NOW, CUT NOW.........Ah damn, too late". Hence the great edting on Rocks Off.
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]

you're wrong. What they're saying on 'Rocks off' is actually "leave it, no one will notice.."
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)