ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: And about Stones in Cuba? Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 16th, 2005 08:00 PM
corgi37 The way people's rights in the west are being stripped, i wouldnt complain too much about old Fidel. Give it 50 years, and China will be the new U.S.

The U.S. might be the new Cuba!

Australia will just be the same. Forgotten. So long as we have beer and bikinis, who cares.
March 16th, 2005 09:54 PM
Soldatti Agree with you Corgi.
March 17th, 2005 09:16 AM
Jair Well, I think if Bush were really really a nice guy he could invade Cuba, kill Fidel e convert that island in a big whorehouse!
March 17th, 2005 12:43 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The way people's rights in the west are being stripped, i wouldnt complain too much about old Fidel. Give it 50 years, and China will be the new U.S.

The U.S. might be the new Cuba!

Australia will just be the same. Forgotten. So long as we have beer and bikinis, who cares.

Corgi, did I already tell you your posts are the best?!?!

Man, you are the King!

Hail to the King!

Regards!
March 17th, 2005 06:42 PM
corgi37 I'm only human, i enjoy praise, so please continue.

Castro is a fucker - no doubt. But give the guy his due. He's being screwing the Cuban people for nigh on 50 years, made Cuba his personal possession, out seen nearly a dozen U.S. Presidents, put up with sanctions, death threats (exploding cigar anyone?) - and the old prick is not only still there, he is probably more entrenched than ever.

And he hasnt waivered one bit from his stupid ideology. As in China, let the Cubans fight their own battles. If they rid of him, they could do it. Why does the U.S. have to interfere? Cuba has been commie for decades, yet the U.S. just goes from strength to strength. So much for the threat!

People say he, and other dictators have millions, nay billions, stashed away.

And what about Bush and Chaney? Kennedy's old man was a boot legger.

Didnt Rumsfeld's company sell chemical weapons to Saddam in the early 80s? Or, was he head of the CIA then, and only approved it - cant recall.

If Castro is still around, blame the Cubans. They either dont care, aint got the brains, or aint got the guts to topple him. Thats their problem.

America should concentrate on getting Hollywood to make original movies, destroy the religious right, ensure cheaper air fares between (oh, i dont know, say) Australia and the U.S., forcing the Amish to watch t.v. and maybe extend coverage of Spring Break festivities and Hawaiian tropic bikini comps.
March 18th, 2005 01:33 PM
Jair
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

(...)
Why does the U.S. have to interfere? (...).

Because they can.

March 18th, 2005 06:13 PM
Soldatti Or because they want.
March 18th, 2005 11:06 PM
glencar Oh such misinformation on this thread...
March 18th, 2005 11:16 PM
glencar from powerline.com:

Fidel Castro has once again made Forbes magazine's list of the world's richest people, based on unearned income. Castro's fortune is now estimated at more than one-half billion dollars; he may have stolen a higher percentage of his country's wealth than any tyrant in modern history.

Castro is shocked to be described as rich:
Cuban President Fidel Castro has criticised Forbes magazine for the "infamy" of listing him among the world's richest people, with a net worth of $550 million. "Once again, they have committed the infamy of speaking about Castro's fortune, placing me almost above the queen of England," Castro said in a speech on Thursday to top officials of Cuba's ruling Communist Party, military and police.

Here's what I really love: "Castro, 78 and in power since a 1959 revolution, said he was considering suing". I suppose if you're a "Communist" dictator, being outed as a semi-billionaire is libel per se. It could have been worse, though. Forbes could have disclosed Castro's decades of sexual predation; his history is depraved enough to qualify him as a U.N. peacekeeper.

ra1128647048.jpg
March 19th, 2005 02:42 AM
corgi37 And your point is?
March 19th, 2005 03:03 AM
egon i can imitate a pissed dutchmen very well.
I do it a lot a parties. with the whole falling over and everything.
cracks the folks up.
March 19th, 2005 11:17 AM
glencar The point is that Castro's a tyrant who has earned plenty whilst his country starves & prostitutes itself to visiting Euros. As far as America, Cuba is a pimple on its ass. We're not going to invade but we're not going to end the embargo any time soon.
March 20th, 2005 10:02 AM
Taptrick
Interesting how people still die by the thousands immigrating FROM China and Cuba. Several times a year they find Cargo coming into western US ports with Chinese who sold everything they have and left it all behind; packed in like sardines on a slave-trade ship. Ever talk to some of those people? I'll take those opinions as more credible. But I guess ya'll must be looking at the flood of people from developed nations fleeing to Cuba and China...oh wait - that doesn't happen.

Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood