ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What sports team do you follow? (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
March 15th, 2005 09:27 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:

I always thought that your name was Gazza because you liked him. Well, shows what I know right?

On Gascoigne: Yes he's awesome. One of the best goals ever was made by him IMO. It's the one from Euro '96 where he lobbed the ball over a player's head and then hammered it in the net. Fuck that was good. Only time I ever soiled myself from watching a football game.

Dont remind me one of the most painful 2 minutes of my life. Scotland miss a penalty (thanks Uri Geller!!!) and then from the kick off Gazza scores a great goal and Motson creams himself.

March 15th, 2005 09:33 PM
JumpingKentFlash Oh that was against Scotland??? I couldn't remember. Fantastic goal nevertheless.

Speaking of Scotland: It's such a shame that they didn't beat Brazil in the opning match of the World Championships in 1998. They almost had it for a second there. Such a shame really.

To me, there's no better sport than British football. It's great.
March 15th, 2005 09:45 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Oh that was against Scotland??? I couldn't remember. Fantastic goal nevertheless.

Speaking of Scotland: It's such a shame that they didn't beat Brazil in the opning match of the World Championships in 1998. They almost had it for a second there. Such a shame really.

To me, there's no better sport than British football. It's great.

Yeah we lost to an own goal, from Tom Boyd, country came to a standstill for that game, the game was in the afternoon so we all walked out of school early, loads of people went to watch the game in big screens in Glasgow with their face painted etc. Brazil scored from a corner after 1min and we all feared a tanking, however out of the blue a penalty! and John Collins scored and it was 1 - 1, then the own goal came with about 8min left. Such a disapointment to lose the way we did, its the Scotland way though, so near and yet so far...and ultimately glorious failure. Right about football though, it always surprises you, definately the greatest sport in the world.

March 15th, 2005 09:50 PM
JumpingKentFlash Yep. Football rocks.
March 15th, 2005 10:00 PM
Trey Krimsin NFL: Washington Redskins and Carolina Panthers
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, San Antonio Spurs
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins, Colorado Avalanche
MLB: Atlanta Braves
College Football and Basketball: Wake Forest Demon Deacons
March 15th, 2005 10:49 PM
parmeda As a proud season ticket holder at the beautiful and Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field...this girl bleeds Cubby Blue in her veins.

Call me a loser, I'll tell you to 'Fuck Off'.
Meet me in the bleachers on a sunny afternoon, I'll buy you a beer!

GO CUBS!
(...for my Joey )
March 16th, 2005 04:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:

I always thought that your name was Gazza because you liked him. Well, shows what I know right?

you're not the first person on the internet to think that, to be honest. I've been called "Gazza" before anyone had ever heard of Paul Gascoigne, however. In the UK,if your name is Gary or if it begins with "Ga", you tend to get called "Gazza".
March 16th, 2005 04:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:
As a proud season ticket holder at the beautiful and Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field...this girl bleeds Cubby Blue in her veins.

Call me a loser, I'll tell you to 'Fuck Off'.
Meet me in the bleachers on a sunny afternoon, I'll buy you a beer!

GO CUBS!
(...for my Joey )

I was 99% sure you were a Cubs fan. I was also 100% sure you were very 'partisan' about it too whatever team it was. Didnt list you in my original 'line up' at the start of this thread howver, because of the 1% of doubt - as I knew I'd catch hell if I got it wrong!
March 16th, 2005 05:15 AM
Honky Tonk Man Wow, what a great idea for a thread!

Gazza is spot on, I do follow Gillingham!

Between the ages of 10 - 16, I was an absoloute football nut. Gillingham and Manchester United were my only two loves. I remember the days when I'd be on the terraces at Prestfield and I'd travel to away games to see the Gills too. Great memories of traveling to Wembley and watching the Gills get beaten By evil Man City right at the last hurdle.. NOT! I had a mate who was an Oasis nut at the time, I don't think he's listend to them since!

PS: Sorry Zeeta, I can see Leeds going the same way as Shefield Wednesday!
March 16th, 2005 07:52 AM
Zeeta No chance pal - we're pushing for a play-off place? Have you not seen the table?!??!

There's a lot of rebuilding to be done after the influence Ridsdale "living the dream" - you'll see.

At least we're playin better than we did before xmas!
March 16th, 2005 11:43 AM
Starbuck i don't understand football. 88 minutes of running around, two minutes of excitement.

i will say this: i saw beckham place a ball in the corner of a net for a goal once- he had about a 2x2 box to aim for and he nailed that bastard from about 30 to 40 feet away. pretty impressive. although beckham is a sissy boy, the derek jeter of european football.

rugby, now that is fun to watch!
March 16th, 2005 12:03 PM
JumpingKentFlash You don't understand football??? I love it. The tactics, the dribbles, everything about it is cool. Tennis...........Now there's a boring sport.
March 16th, 2005 01:06 PM
TMR I only follow concert busses. Sports took a backseat once I started hitting concerts like a second job.

But I guess to answer the question, I like the Bulls, Indians, and Broncos and even though I've not seen them play, yet, the Buffs for college football.
March 16th, 2005 05:03 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
No chance pal - we're pushing for a play-off place? Have you not seen the table?!??!

There's a lot of rebuilding to be done after the influence Ridsdale "living the dream" - you'll see.

At least we're playin better than we did before xmas!

Ohhh... touchy! LOL, Joke!
March 16th, 2005 08:09 PM
corgi37 Apart from Aussie Rules, i dont mind watching girls beach volley ball.
March 17th, 2005 08:27 AM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I was 99% sure you were a Cubs fan. I was also 100% sure you were very 'partisan' about it too whatever team it was. Didnt list you in my original 'line up' at the start of this thread howver, because of the 1% of doubt - as I knew I'd catch hell if I got it wrong!

lmao, Gazza!

When I first read the beginning of the thread, I thought to myself..."Gee, HOWE could Gazza forget the fact that I'm usually on a Cubby rampage 6 months out of the year, lol..."

Better to be safe than sorry, huh?
March 17th, 2005 08:28 AM
TooTough http://www.hsv.de/
My club. Always was, always will be.

And:
Gazza surprised me, btw, he knows JÜRGEN SPARWASSER. Anyone else here knows this football player? ;-)
March 17th, 2005 08:38 AM
Gazza TT

Yeah you did seem surprised the other night in London when I mentioned that! I was as anal about football back in the mid 70's when I was about 11 or 12 as I later became about music!

reason why I remember that guy was because I was very into German football at that time, particularly the national team - was a big fan of players such as Beckenbauer, Overath and ESPECIALLY Gerd Muller.
March 17th, 2005 08:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:

How are Montpellier doing this season Ju?

they suck!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood