ROCKS OFF - The Rollingt Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Andy Paradise with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fool to Cry appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th March 2008 11:10 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Nonsense. The song builds tension until that final "Makes me wonder why," and when the guitar solo finally comes in, Jagger's voice drops down to its lower register, and Charlie starts playing more, it's like the sun peeking out from behind the clouds. This is a completely glorious resolution without which the song would really be the boring MOR 70s ballad so many people have incorrectly accused it of being.

This is a man who knows his music!
14th March 2008 11:14 AM
PartyDoll MEG I used to love this song...think I just might have overplayed it..

It is now on a long sleep...I'll wake it up again someday
14th March 2008 12:37 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Zack wrote:

OK fine. Still not my cuppa.

Hey, I used to hate it, too. Took me years of thinking about it too much before I finally decided I loved it.

14th March 2008 03:21 PM
Sister Morphine
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
love the wah wah guitar

Memory Motel is the better ballad for mine

I'd die for Memory Motel!! Love it so much!
15th March 2008 01:31 PM
ExileInLA
quote:
Zack wrote:
Nice costumes. Song's crap.

ha...my sentiments exactly.
15th March 2008 01:35 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Nonsense. The song builds tension until that final "Makes me wonder why," and when the guitar solo finally comes in, Jagger's voice drops down to its lower register, and Charlie starts playing more, it's like the sun peeking out from behind the clouds. This is a completely glorious resolution without which the song would really be the boring MOR 70s ballad so many people have incorrectly accused it of being.

That was beautiful, Nasty

it's kinda tough to explain and defend other than to say that if people don't get it, they just don't "get it", Fool to Cry is glorious
15th March 2008 01:39 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

That was beautiful, Nasty

it's kinda tough to explain and defend other than to say that if people don't get it, they just don't "get it", Fool to Cry is glorious

Right...it conjures imagery...and vibes...if you ain't feelin' it, you don't get it
15th March 2008 02:23 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Right...it conjures imagery...and vibes...if you ain't feelin' it, you don't get it

that's a big 10-4

good vibrations

15th March 2008 04:49 PM
gotdablouse Yep, the end is quite something, the tune during which Keith claimed he fell asleep during the 76 tour, proof that his stupid comments are nothing new.

B&B is mostly crap though, Memory Hotel is good too. Keith was basically AWOL.
15th March 2008 05:13 PM
mrhipfl I love that song and the rest of Black & Blue too. It's such and overlooked record.
15th March 2008 09:50 PM
BONOISLOVE It's no Streets Of Love.
15th March 2008 11:19 PM
Glimmer Twin Thanks a lot. That was great. I'm not a big fan of Black and Blue but Fool To Cry is a great song off that album and Mick does a great job in that live version.
16th March 2008 12:49 AM
sweetcharmedlife FTC is basiclly just a weak cousin to Memory Motel. A sheer piece of brilliance on an otherwise dull album.
16th March 2008 08:17 AM
Some Guy
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
It's no Streets Of Love.

dude
16th March 2008 04:39 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
FTC is basiclly just a weak cousin to Memory Motel. A sheer piece of brilliance on an otherwise dull album.

Crazy Mama, MM, Negrita, Hand of Fate are dull songs ?

B&B is an awesome album, the only thing wrong with it is that it's too short
[Edited by Bloozehound]
16th March 2008 09:15 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Crazy Mama, MM, Negrita, Hand of Fate are dull songs ?

B&B is an awesome album, the only thing wrong with it is that it's too short
[Edited by Bloozehound]

16th March 2008 10:31 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Wowzers!
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)