ROCKS OFF - The Rollingt Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Andy Paradise with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any David Bowie fans on this board? Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th March 2008 09:44 PM
guitarman53

6th March 2008 12:00 PM
CraigP Bowie is a great producer. I like his voice, too.

My favorites are the live version of Life on Mars? on the DVD "Bowie: A Reality Tour"- Very powerful singing on that one.

I've been listening to "Let's Dance" on my parents old cassette and it's grown on me. (I used to think it was shit).

The Young Americans album is another hidden gem.
6th March 2008 12:13 PM
GotToRollMe Here's some great old Ziggy stuff:

6th March 2008 12:50 PM
guitarman53
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Here's some great old Ziggy stuff:

Thanks for the great video's, I love the 70's Bowie the best, saw The Diamond Dogs, Station To Station & Stage tour concerts when they were in Toronto, fantastic! just a great musician/songwriter/producer/painter/actor/showman & anything else, so much talent.
I really liked the film "Man Who Fell To Earth" too, everybody has their favorite or best period, & the 70's was his.
6th March 2008 12:54 PM
glencar
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Good Lord, was she in detox when she did that show?
6th March 2008 07:27 PM
TomL I love Bowie.
7th March 2008 05:34 PM
guitarman53 Bowie is Fantastic!! on the Diamond Dogs he's says "As they pulled out of the oxygen tank, you asked for the latest party"
Who else could come up with lyrics like that.
7th March 2008 08:14 PM
guitarman53
7th March 2008 08:18 PM
mojoman
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Thanks for the great video's, I love the 70's Bowie the best, saw The Diamond Dogs, Station To Station & Stage tour concerts when they were in Toronto, fantastic! just a great musician/songwriter/producer/painter/actor/showman & anything else, so much talent.
I really liked the film "Man Who Fell To Earth" too, everybody has their favorite or best period, & the 70's was his.

I would like to baste you in milk for 48 hours, hog-tie you and let hungry baby lambs skeletonize your quivering, quaking carcass....
10th March 2008 11:38 PM
guitarman53 Bowie did some really original albums in the 90's, Like Outside & Earthling, this wasn't mainstream, but coming from a artist that didn't want commerical success, he did what he wanted to do so what you see is what you get.
He's a totally original artist, he takes chances, & see if this is going work, & if it doesn't, so what! he releases recordings that might be too far out, but in a couple of years their mainstream.
11th March 2008 12:58 AM
Prodigal Son I love some of Bowie's 70s work; Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane and my all-time fave Station to Station (classic spaced-out, weirdo funk rock with Bowie at his most stoned out obviously). I find Ziggy good but a tad overrated. Don't think his first two albums and his poppy 60s stuff was all too good, but Bowie Pin-ups was decent, Diamond Dogs kinda average and Young Americans surprisingly satisfying (underrated if you ask me). I like Low, Heroes, Lodger and Scary Monsters but some of it is too artsy-fartsy.

Scary Monsters and Lodger are the better ones for me. Let's Dance is ok pop but the rest of his 80s output sucked. He didn't really recover artistic footing until the mid-90s. He's been hit and miss with me ever since. Overall, I like him but find his stylistic work a bit dizzying and inconsistent for me to call him magnificent. Station to Station is his crowning work, IMO.
11th March 2008 06:51 AM
Factory Girl I used to be into Bowie-Station to Station, Young Americans, Ziggy Stardust, even Lets Dance.

I also love his work with Iggy POP!! No one mentioned that!!

I saw him live twice- Serious Moonlight Tour and the festival tour he did with Busta Rhymes and The Blue Men. He's too aloof live, there's no connection for me.

Just like Iggy, I lost my fascination with Bowie a long time ago.

I like what Prodigal Son said in his post about Bowie.

[Edited by Factory Girl]
[Edited by Factory Girl]
11th March 2008 11:01 PM
hearyousigh Yea, I like David very much. It's too bad he had some health issues a few years back. Think that is preventing him from touring again. But hey Dave you can always record something. One of my all time fave tunes from him is Heroes. I especially like them on the bootlegs done very good.
11th March 2008 11:21 PM
_Boomy_
11th March 2008 11:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Second chance LOL. If anyone is interested in this triptic in museum quality by a professional photographer please contact me

12th March 2008 12:26 PM
Dan Whenever I dare to throw in Outside, I end up listening to it for days straight.
12th March 2008 12:51 PM
BONOISLOVE Even if he was trying to trick people for looking like a woman, it was all part of that All The Young Dudes stage. And who could be angry for that? And he didn't publish a book about sex.
13th March 2008 11:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Finally someone was interested in the picture so it was sold in the amount of $0.00... 100% free including shipping. The reason I didn't mention that the pix was for free is because I wanted someone interested, and willing to pay for it, so I'm sure the winner will frame it, use it and enjoy it. I have that picture in a folder since I got it.

...some more, in addition to give this gem to a real fan of Bowie, she is also a great friend

BTW... You got to roll me and call me tumbling dice!
13th March 2008 03:45 PM
snap13
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

WOW, COOL TATTOO... I LIKE IT...
[Edited by snap13]
13th March 2008 06:39 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Finally someone was interested in the picture so it was sold in the amount of $0.00... 100% free including shipping. The reason I didn't mention that the pix was for free is because I wanted someone interested, and willing to pay for it, so I'm sure the winner will frame it, use it and enjoy it. I have that picture in a folder since I got it.

...some more, in addition to give this gem to a real fan of Bowie, she is also a great friend

BTW... You got to roll me and call me tumbling dice!

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Oh, and one more thing...

Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)