ROCKS OFF - The Rollingt Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Andy Paradise with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any David Bowie fans on this board? Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd March 2008 09:05 PM
snap13 I love the Stones but I have to admit David Bowie is my favorite.. Anyone else on here a big Bowie fan?
3rd March 2008 09:09 PM
guitarman53 Yes, I am, but haven't heard much about him lately, besides being on the town with Iman, I have quite a lot of audio & video bootleg downloads thru out the years, I don't know if he's retired or not.
3rd March 2008 09:12 PM
snap13 i hope he hasn't retired.. i saw him a couple years ago at mohegan sun.... it was a great show!! i'm waiting for him to come back around
3rd March 2008 09:27 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Didja see Bowie at The Oscars?

3rd March 2008 09:28 PM
snap13 lol....that was good..
3rd March 2008 09:31 PM
Dan
quote:
snap13 wrote:
i hope he hasn't retired.. i saw him a couple years ago at mohegan sun.... it was a great show!! i'm waiting for him to come back around

He's retired.

This is the longest he has ever gone without any significant musical activity whatsoever.

The good news is in 4 years you can buy the 40th Anniversary Edition of Ziggy Stardust to put next to other 8 versions.
3rd March 2008 09:34 PM
mojoman
quote:
Dan wrote:

The good news is in 4 years you can buy the 40th Anniversary Edition of Ziggy Stardust to put next to other 8 versions.

funny!!!
3rd March 2008 10:37 PM
GotToRollMe Bowie's just brilliant. One of a kind, imaginative and smart. He's in my top 10, that's for sure.

We had a Bowie thread not too long ago and I still have the links for some videos. They just don't make em like this anymore.

4th March 2008 12:07 AM
Dan I will always remember September 13th as my sister's anniversary date - because I was attending my all time favorite Bowie concert instead of the wedding.
4th March 2008 02:34 AM
Child of the Moon Hell, yes. I loves me some Bowie. Got to see him on the Reality tour several years back - certainly one of the best shows I've ever seen. Happy to say I own pretty much every album he's released (with the exception of complete shite like Tonight and earthling). I've spent many of my days in thrall to the guy and his music.
4th March 2008 02:41 AM
FotiniD I adore Bowie. So brilliant, imaginative and cool. The music, the personas, everything. Absolutely love him.

And, he was my very first crush at the tender age of six because of that:

4th March 2008 05:10 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
snap13 wrote:
i hope he hasn't retired.. i saw him a couple years ago at mohegan sun.... it was a great show!! i'm waiting for him to come back around

I was there--good show--especially 'Fantastic Voyage'
4th March 2008 07:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
snap13 wrote:
I love the Stones but I have to admit David Bowie is my favorite.. Anyone else on here a big Bowie fan?

Growing up in the UK in the 70's it was somewhat compulsory.

I dont think there was another artist in that decade (or maybe since) who produced such a long string of consistently fine albums.
4th March 2008 08:22 AM
nankerphelge Didn't he have a heart attack or bypass surgery last time out.

That shut him down for a while.

I saw him on that tour - what 4 years ago now.
Awesome show.

I'm Afraid of Americans is a great song.
4th March 2008 08:30 AM
Gazza Yes. He hasnt toured or recorded since his heart surgery. I dont think he'll ever tour again to be honest (not for any prolonged period anyway).

Mind you, if I was waking up next to Iman every day, I'd be inclined to never leave the house either...

Dude is old and needs all his energy.
[Edited by Gazza]
4th March 2008 09:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yep, starting to get into Bowie a bit more recently. Have just purchased The Platinum Collection. It's a 3CD. 1969-1974, 1974-1979 and 1980-1987. It's a brilliant introduction.

Isn't he supposed to be releasing a collection of Tom Waitts covers? I read Scarlet Johanson sings on it?
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
4th March 2008 04:06 PM
polytoxic Oh yeah I dig on Bowie for sure. Mostly the stuff between Space Oddity and Scary Monsters. After that it's iffy to me although his shows are still good and the last couple of albums had some moments.
But y'know, even though I've outgrown the notion of having a "favourite" band...with all due respect to Bowie I'd rate the Stones higher.
4th March 2008 04:15 PM
Zack
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Mind you, if I was waking up next to Iman every day

Tampa! Showtime!
4th March 2008 05:33 PM
mojoman last time i saw him was at the garden 12/03 hopefully we'll see him again. quitting the stage must be harder to quit than any drug........
4th March 2008 06:24 PM
LadyJane Love Bowie.
Never seeing him live is a HUGE regret.
Heroes is one of the greatest songs of all time.

LJ.
4th March 2008 06:29 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Love Bowie.
Never seeing him live is a HUGE regret.
Heroes is one of the greatest songs of all time.

LJ.

Me too...
4th March 2008 06:47 PM
fireontheplatter i like bowie. kooks is a great tune
4th March 2008 06:53 PM
Bitch Well I couldnt resist posting this pic of MICK & Bowie! So cute!

Always a big fan of Bowie, and my favorite memory of him is back in the early 80's in Philadelphia, WMMR had a Halloween party and Bowie was the 'prize', lol. It was called Scary Monsters, remember that Bowie song? Well my friend and I won tickets on the radio, and it was a costume party, so we dressed up as punk chicks and each wore 2 pairs of sunglasses ~ that was the costume, LOL. SCARY MONSTERS, SUPER FREAKS, KEEPS ME RUNNUNG, RUNNING SCARED To this day, that was THE FREAKIEST party I've ever been to ~ the Bowie crowd are full of nipple-pierced tatooed cross dressing tranny's and skinny chicks in skimpy slutty outfits with wild hairdo's. OK, it WAS a costume party, but everyone looked natrually freeaky. Bowie came out in a white skin tight jumpsuit that looked he just landed in a spaceship, and a full face of heavy make up ~ and HE WAS FVCKING STRANGE too, but he talked to some nipple pierced guy in the corner and stayed away from the women (such as my friend and me, lol and she was really hot looking with her DD's hanging out) ahhh we tried but we didnt entice him at all. We assumed he was gay until he married Iman years later. CH CH CH CHANGES!

(just thought I'd share that little tidbit of gossip, lol)
4th March 2008 06:56 PM
no night together He's in my top 3, after stones and faces, beatles come 4th.
I enjoyed any miute of david live thorugh some records were boring. My favourite song is (strange that it sounds) Fashion.
4th March 2008 06:58 PM
Nellcote I'm old
Old Bowie does it for me, 'specially anything Ziggy....I've had this discussion before, Ronno was another unheraled guitarist...

My hair was not red, but I looked much like this 34 years ago....Bowie was my nick in high school

So many people.....all the nobody people...all the somebody people....

4th March 2008 07:13 PM
pdog
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I've had this discussion before, Ronno was another unheraled guitarist...

Yes, he was. The other Lil Mick... I think he was great. Never got much recognition either.

4th March 2008 07:40 PM
snap13 I guess I'm lucky then! I saw him at least 7 times!!! i had front row for him at least 3 times! cant beat that! can't wait for him to come around again...
4th March 2008 07:49 PM
snap13 [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
Didn't he have a heart attack or bypass surgery last time out.

That shut him down for a while.

I saw him on that tour - what 4 years ago now.
Awesome show.

I'm Afraid of Americans is a great song.
[/quote
That show was great! i had front row!!! he is still HOT! it was funny because there was a really old man, looked about 80, sitting dead center front row. he sat thru the whole show.. was wondering if he was any relation to bowie...
4th March 2008 07:54 PM
snap13
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I'm old
Old Bowie does it for me, 'specially anything Ziggy....I've had this discussion before, Ronno was another unheraled guitarist...

My hair was not red, but I looked much like this 34 years ago....Bowie was my nick in high school

So many people.....all the nobody people...all the somebody people....

life on mars is one of my favorite bowie songs... he started off the mohegan sun show with it.. wow, it was great!
4th March 2008 09:36 PM
Bitch Photobucket
Bowie-Jagger
together again!
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)