ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Muppets vs Gwar? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th March 2007 07:52 PM
Kilroy
quote:
pdog wrote:

I don't know about The Muppets, but Gwar never meant themselves to be taken seriously. I remember at a show at City Gardens when a hundred pissed off skinheads showed up b/c Gwar was doing jokes about them in the show, it was great....
The people behind the costumes are just abuch a geeky art students...

Yes, Art Students From VCU, But Not Geeks. Great Show.
17th March 2007 10:02 PM
Jethrostone I love the Muppets. They make me laugh. Has anyone seen the episode of the Muppet Show with Alice Cooper?
18th March 2007 03:42 AM
Zack
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Has no one thought to drill into pdog for going to 12 Gwar concerts?

It was the drugs buying the tickets. He's seen the error of his ways.

Eddie Van Halen on ice. Nice one. Subtle and savage. (I got it).
18th March 2007 10:50 AM
_Boomy_
18th March 2007 04:02 PM
Bloozehound gotta go with the Muppets on this one

Kermit doing Somewhere Over the Rainbow gets me everytime
19th March 2007 12:53 AM
Starbuck god bless muppet beatle tribute numbers.
19th March 2007 01:06 AM
Rodney_King
19th March 2007 01:11 AM
Starbuck god bless muppet human sacrifice beatle tributes.
19th March 2007 01:14 AM
Rodney_King this is how we handle things in the ghetto.
19th March 2007 01:17 AM
WinslowStud this is how we handle things in cleveland.
19th March 2007 01:19 AM
Starbuck
19th March 2007 01:24 AM
Starbuck
19th March 2007 01:27 PM
Saint Sway great youtube links Rodney!

in addition to being able to write better material, The Muppets were clearly also the more talented musicians.
19th March 2007 02:26 PM
Rodney_King plus, john denver was quoted in the april 1980 issue of cosmo as saying, "janice was the best lay i ever had."

19th March 2007 03:15 PM
Saint Sway all The Muppets were notorious for shagging fine ass

sadly, none of the members of Gwar have never kissed a women. Same with their fan base.
19th March 2007 03:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
all The Muppets were notorious for shagging fine ass

sadly, none of the members of Gwar have never kissed a women. Same with their fan base.

Wow, you really hate Gwar! My friend from back home inked many of the emembers of Gwar... They're actually pretty cool, IMO.
19th March 2007 03:19 PM
Saint Sway I've never listened to them.
19th March 2007 03:22 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I've never listened to them.

You have this much contempt with no information...
Dude! WTF?
19th March 2007 03:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

You have this much contempt with no information...
Dude! WTF?

why should I bother listening to them when I'm 100% certain that I don't like puppet metal?
19th March 2007 03:33 PM
Starbuck i have not ripped them as of yet...but check out their website....avulsed appendeges....if you need that to garner an audience it ain't usually about the music....

ghey!
19th March 2007 03:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i have not ripped them as of yet...but check out their website....avulsed appendeges....if you need that to garner an audience it ain't usually about the music....

ghey!

NICE!

thats what the Digital Dawgs call P-0-S-T-I-N!!
19th March 2007 04:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i have not ripped them as of yet...but check out their website....avulsed appendeges....if you need that to garner an audience it ain't usually about the music....

ghey!

Performance art by definition is ghey... When you're making fun of skinheads, Republicans and prety much every other idiot and playing music while doing it, in an alter ego character... Well, regardles, if you ain't seen it, then you can't really decide if it is fun or not. Having seen it many times, I know it's a fun show, and if you take it to serious, than why are you in a Beatles tribute band?
19th March 2007 04:31 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

why should I bother listening to them when I'm 100% certain that I don't like puppet metal?

you just disqualified all hair metal
19th March 2007 04:39 PM
Saint Sway I cant tell if pdog is actually upset about the Gwar bashing or just totally fucking with us.

either way, its funny
19th March 2007 04:41 PM
pdog If you don't like it, you don't like it. I don't have to hear something to always know if I'll like it or not, but this thread is based on ignorance prior to investigation, and shows me how fucking stupid we are sometimes. Gwar is stupid, cheesey and a big fucking joke, and that is all it was meant to be, so acting like it's more than that, and putting down is the height of rock and roll ignorance...
19th March 2007 04:43 PM
Saint Sway ^ FUNNY!!!
19th March 2007 04:53 PM
Starbuck from wikipedia:

"GWAR is a thrash metal, hardcore punk and shock rock band formed in 1985 by a collective of artists and musicians at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. The band is best known for their elaborate sci-fi/horror film inspired costumes; raunchy, obscene, politically incorrect lyrics; and graphic stage performances, which consist of humorous re-enactments of scatology, sadomasochism, necrophilia, pedophilia, paraphilia, bestiality, fire dancing, pagan rituals, satanism or devil worship, executions, battle, torture, malice, rape and physical abuse, racism, anti-Christian messages, suicide, illegal drug use, alcohol abuse, and other controversial violent, political and moral taboo themes.

Their costumes are generally made of foam latex, styrofoam, and hardened rubber. It should be noted that the costumes cover very little, with the rest of their bodies accentuated with makeup. They further their production in concert by spraying their audiences with imitation blood, semen, urine, pus and other bodily fluids. Most of the fluids are made of water and powdered food coloring which, for the most part, flakes off or washes out easily. The thicker fluids are made from a clear seaweed extract called carrageenan which is also used in ice cream and milkshakes. GWAR does not use syrups or stage blood due to the fact that they dry solid, wrecking their costumes.[1] In concert, GWAR has been known occasionally to perform their encore without costumes.

Another trademark of GWAR's live show is their lampooning of celebrities and figures in current events. Victims of GWAR's antics have included O.J. Simpson, John Kerry, George W. Bush (as well as every other President since Ronald Reagan), Jerry Garcia, Osama Bin Laden, Michael Jackson, Al Gore, Tipper Gore (who they ass-rape with a cross), Paris Hilton, Arnold Schwarzenegger and many others. The band also makes frequent references to political and historical figures, fantasy literature, and mythology. For instance, the song "Whargoul" makes reference to Minas Morgul, a setting in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. In addition, the title of their fifth album RagNaRok comes from Norse mythology.

19th March 2007 04:56 PM
Starbuck i disagree PDog...you saying raping tipper gore with a cross is funny? is it OK to do stuff like that? doing stage enactments of necrophelia and pedophelia?

if this is indeed what they do (which admittedly i don't know because i've never seen them and only have my info from a not really objective interweb article), it can't be good.
19th March 2007 05:12 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i disagree PDog...you saying raping tipper gore with a cross is funny? is it OK to do stuff like that? doing stage enactments of necrophelia and pedophelia?

if this is indeed what they do (which admittedly i don't know because i've never seen them and only have my info from a not really objective interweb article), it can't be good.

This...now this is just sick...it can't be good...it just can't

19th March 2007 05:25 PM
Dan
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i disagree PDog...you saying raping tipper gore with a cross is funny? is it OK to do stuff like that? doing stage enactments of necrophelia and pedophelia?

It's funny. And it's okay. So is sucking, and then cutting off Michael Jackson's ten foot dick.

quote:

But it is good!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)