ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Get Patti Smih the hell out of the THOF Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
14th March 2007 09:27 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I think they're are like 5 PEOPLE here that like Patti Smith or Kings of Leon ... meanwhile the fucking Genesis thread is 5 PAGES long

theres just no way I can wrap my head around that. And its on fucking STONES board!

I refuse to even view a single post in that thread. I despise Phil Collins and that piece of shit band with all my heart and soul!!!

14th March 2007 09:28 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I think they're are like 5 PEOPLE here that like Patti Smith or Kings of Leon ...

Do they have to come as a package deal? I love Kings of Leon.
14th March 2007 09:29 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I happen to own "Trampin'" -- still no Bay City Rollers -- and agree heartily that it is, in fact, unlistenable, with the exception of the title track, which is a traditional gospel number that was good before Patti Smith got hold of it.

You need therapy man!! That album is a masterpiece!!!!!!!

15th March 2007 12:07 AM
sammy davis jr. Patti Smuith is a good lookin' dude.
15th March 2007 12:17 AM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:

You prove my point old man. You never have listened to Trampin'; you don't even know the song I mentioned. So you simply don't know where you are talking about. First listen to an album before you give your lousy comment or otherwise keep your mouth shut.

BTW: It's also very cheap to criticize someone who isn't a native speaker. I guess my English is much better than your Dutch, you moron.
[Edited by F505]

Fuck off you stupid fucking asshole! Your English might be better than my Dutch but so fucking what? You aren't a Mensa member & you strike me as an intolerant asshole of the lowest stripe. BTW Just for the record, I didn't criticize your English. I criticized your overall obnoxiousness. My criticsim stands. I'm right again.
15th March 2007 12:23 AM
lonecrapshooter wow you know they say never assume for a reaon ya know? holy shit what happened to this board that a random comment about the other one (wife of Keith's buddy) would trigger this mess? yeah I know the difference...sorry for not editing the damn thing earlier...so glad I stopped by
15th March 2007 12:25 AM
glencar You can delete the thread if you want...
15th March 2007 04:39 AM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
Fuck off you stupid fucking asshole! Your English might be better than my Dutch but so fucking what? You aren't a Mensa member & you strike me as an intolerant asshole of the lowest stripe. BTW Just for the record, I didn't criticize your English. I criticized your overall obnoxiousness. My criticsim stands. I'm right again.

You also need therapy old man.

PS: I have tip for you: buy and listen to Trampin' .
You might like it!
15th March 2007 04:50 AM
Zack
quote:
F505 wrote:

This board is getting crowded with idiots;

PERKS! Bring back the idiot list!

(Just don't put me on it for the George Michael joke and liking Pink Floyd)
15th March 2007 06:05 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
F505 wrote:

You might like it!

He won't...because it speaks truth

15th March 2007 10:02 AM
jb Why are people so defensive about Patti Smith? She was never a big conversation piece around here until the HOF induction...I wish people would defend the stones as vigorously when someone slags them as ....who really cares about the Rock-n-Roll HOF and it's ridiculous list of inductees...the entire concept of a R-n-R HOF is a joke. Bill and Charlie at least has the sense not to show up...
15th March 2007 10:36 AM
FotiniD To me, Patti Smith is the female Keith Richards.

Some may like her, some don't. While, like pdog, I too don't understand how one can be a Stones fan and not into Smith, I don't see the reason we have to argue and call each other names like a bunch of 12 year old's about this.
15th March 2007 10:40 AM
jb
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
To me, Patti Smith is the female Keith Richards.

Some may like her, some don't. While, like pdog, I too don't understand how one can be a Stones fan and not into Smith, I don't see the reason we have to argue and call each other names like a bunch of 12 year old's about this.

Agreed...I dislike the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc, yet emotions for this Smith seem to be running high. She has never been a major topic of discussion here, and hopefully she will go back in her hole and we can forget about the this ugliness.
[Edited by jb]
15th March 2007 10:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
.the entire concept of a R-n-R HOF is a joke. Bill and Charlie at least has the sense not to show up...

Charlie was in rehab recovery. Bill is afraid to fly and will not fly anywhere that a paycheck isnt greeting him.
15th March 2007 12:13 PM
_Boomy_ I really like Kings of Leon.

I don't care for Patti Smith.

No correlation for me.
15th March 2007 12:16 PM
jb
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I really like Kings of Leon.

I don't care for Patti Smith.

No correlation for me.

I have heard/read good things about this KOL...as for Smith, I knew she had a very loyal, albeit small, following., I knew her from that Springsteen cover "Because the night" and the Gilda Radner piece on SNL...I am surprised that she was inducted as she has a cult following and no one else listens to her music..
15th March 2007 12:26 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
While, like pdog, I too don't understand how one can be a Stones fan and not into Smith, I don't see the reason we have to argue and call each other names like a bunch of 12 year old's about this.

I don't see why anybody is arguing about this, either. People can express whatever they want: "Patti Smith Rules," "Patti Smith sucks," or whatever. Some will say she deserves to be in the HOF, and some will say she doesn't.

Oh, and to comment on your first point: WTF?!?!?

How can I love the Stones and not like Patti Smith? Easy. One band is the Rolling Stones, and the other is a solo artist named Patti Smith.

The Rolling Stones mean a lot to me. Patti Smith doesn't. A lot of the stuff they've done has helped me out in life. They're music is an outlet for me.

Patti Smith -- for me -- hasn't done a thing for my soul. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If you love/like Patti Smith, good for everyone that does. But please, please, please -- do not say that you can't understand why a person would love the Stones and not like Patti Smith. It's an opinion, yes, but why does it seem hard for you to understand?

[Edited by _Boomy_]
15th March 2007 01:58 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

I have heard/read good things about this KOL...as for Smith, I knew she had a very loyal, albeit small, following., I knew her from that Springsteen cover "Because the night" and the Gilda Radner piece on SNL...I am surprised that she was inducted as she has a cult following and no one else listens to her music..

Keep on listening to Satisfaction!
15th March 2007 02:01 PM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:

You might like it!

Your tips are generally underfunded. Get lost & don't bother responding.
15th March 2007 02:01 PM
glencar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

He won't...because it speaks truth

There's a line on Metrocenter Blvd. just waiting for you.
15th March 2007 02:02 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

She got in because in the 70's she was a pioneer. No one installed her because of People Have The Power & Jesse's Song...
15th March 2007 02:03 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
She got in because in the 70's she was a pioneer. No one installed her because of People Have The Power & Jesse's Song...

or Quana....
15th March 2007 02:06 PM
glencar Or Trampin!
15th March 2007 02:08 PM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
Your tips are generally underfunded. Get lost & don't bother responding.

You have been unmasked. You have never heard Trampin' . Quite embarrassing, old man.

15th March 2007 02:12 PM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:

You have been unmasked. You have never heard Trampin' . Quite embarrassing, old man.

Embarrassing? LOL You a fool.
15th March 2007 02:13 PM
jb You two(2) are funny!!!!
15th March 2007 02:15 PM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
Embarrassing? LOL You a fool.

"You a fool? "

Where are you from old man?

15th March 2007 02:16 PM
luxury1 The coolest thing about Patti Smith is that she lived with Robert Mapplethorpe while he was, uhh, developing his style--both in and out of the sheets....

musician?? I dont know bout that claim....
15th March 2007 02:17 PM
jb
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
The coolest thing about Patti Smith is that she lived with Robert Mapplethorpe while he was, uhh, developing his style--both in and out of the sheets....

He did some weird shit they called art.......say hello to Throbby for me.
15th March 2007 02:18 PM
F505
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
The coolest thing about Patti Smith is that she lived with Robert Mapplethorpe while he was, uhh, developing his style--both in and out of the sheets....

Welcome to the world called rock music!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)