ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Get Patti Smih the hell out of the THOF Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
14th March 2007 03:40 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Oh, good God, her last album was a load of crap. Her poetry is pretentious drivel and the only hit she ever had came courtesy of Bruce Springsteen.

...............blank friggin' stare.................

14th March 2007 04:12 PM
F505
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

...............blank friggin' stare.................

All this moaning about Patti is coming from old bellyachers who are jealous and frustrated because Patti still rocks while the Stones have become the joke of the contemporary rockscene.
14th March 2007 04:30 PM
pdog I'm truly emberassed to be seen online with some of you!

I'm going to say this kindly as possible... If you don't like Patti, that's fine, no one can force a persoanal taste on someone... i do wonder, though, if you love keith and The Stones, and don't dig Patti and don't hear how great Lenny Kaye is, then I wonder, what the fuck do you hear in The Stones, b/c it can't possibly be what i'm hearing, it is something else, possibly having to do with a radio friendly aspect, and not the music...

I'm truly emberassed to be seen online with some of you!
14th March 2007 04:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm going to say this kindly as possible... If you don't like Patti, that's fine, no one can force a persoanal taste on someone... i do wonder, though, if you love keith and The Stones, and don't dig Patti and don't hear how great Lenny Kaye is, then I wonder, what the fuck do you hear in The Stones, b/c it can't possibly be what i'm hearing, it is something else, possibly having to do with a radio friendly aspect, and not the music...

it seems I have this exact same thought way too often here.
14th March 2007 04:38 PM
F505
quote:
pdog wrote:

Post of the month (maybe the year).
14th March 2007 04:41 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

it seems I have this exact same thought way too often here.

I'm fine looking stupid here.. politics, social issues, sex ect... I'm a fucking moron, but when it comes to music, on the message board of The Stones, I really can't believe what I read here sometimes...

14th March 2007 04:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm fine looking stupid here.. politics, social issues, sex ect... I'm a fucking moron, but when it comes to music, on the message board of The Stones, I really can't believe what I read here sometimes...

I think they're are like 5 PEOPLE here that like Patti Smith or Kings of Leon ... meanwhile the fucking Genesis thread is 5 PAGES long

theres just no way I can wrap my head around that. And its on fucking STONES board!
14th March 2007 04:47 PM
glencar
quote:
mojoman wrote:

Been away, haven't seen you in a while.
How've you been?
Have you changed your style and do you think
That we've grown up differently? Don't seem the same
Seems you've lost your feel for me

So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye.
There ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys.
There's only you and me and we just disagree.
Ooo - ooo - ooohoo oh - oh - o-whoa

I'm going back to a place that's far away. How bout you?
Have you got a place to stay? Why should I care?
When I'm just trying to get along We were friends
But now it's the end of our love song...

That song is quite masculine!
14th March 2007 04:56 PM
F505
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I think they're are like 5 PEOPLE here that like Patti Smith or Kings of Leon ... meanwhile the fucking Genesis thread is 5 PAGES long

theres just no way I can wrap my head around that. And its on fucking STONES board!

This board is getting crowded with idiots; not very promising the Stones anno 2007 attract those bleating bagpipes.
14th March 2007 04:59 PM
glencar Those 5 pages in the Genesis thread are because it's fun to make fun of those windbags. Patti Smith was golden in the 70's but her recent album was nearly unlistenable.
14th March 2007 05:01 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Those 5 pages in the Genesis thread are because it's fun to make fun of those windbags. Patti Smith was golden in the 70's but her recent album was nearly unlistenable.

I must agree that we disagree on this...
14th March 2007 05:02 PM
glencar Thank you. At least you didn't accuse me of owning the Bay City Rollers. BTW I'm one of the folks here who saw Patti in her prime...
14th March 2007 05:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Those 5 pages in the Genesis thread are because it's fun to make fun of those windbags.

yeah its like shooting fish in a barrell

but whats frightening is that theres folks here that are making plans to see them in that thread

Phil Collins is the somewhat male version of Celine Dion. Only less cool.
14th March 2007 05:04 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thank you. At least you didn't accuse me of owning the Bay City Rollers. BTW I'm one of the folks here who saw Patti in her prime...

Dee Dee Ramone was a huge Bay City Roller's fan, I never liked them, but you can hear how The Beach Boys and Roller's played an influence in his writing...
14th March 2007 05:05 PM
glencar I haven't read the thread closely lately but that is depressing news. It's not Rod Stewart where you could say yes, he sucks now but look at his history. That version of Genesis has ALWAYS sucked & yes, I'd prefer a night with elegant Celine to "cool" Phil./
[Edited by glencar]
14th March 2007 05:06 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Dee Dee Ramone was a huge Bay City Roller's fan, I never liked them, but you can hear how The Beach Boys and Roller's played an influence in his writing...

Seriously? The BCR's didn't write their songs, did they? It'd be like the Back Street Boys having influence on KOL.
14th March 2007 05:11 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Seriously? The BCR's didn't write their songs, did they? It'd be like the Back Street Boys having influence on KOL.

the only song I know by them is what i heard in The Ramones movie...
Dee Dee loved pop music and harmonies... More of a Beach Boys fan... I loved it and got teary when Ronnie Spector mentioned joey Ramone the other night... I'm such a sappy Ramone's fan...
14th March 2007 05:25 PM
Dan You don't become the biggest band in the world through talent and songs alone. Marketing plays a big part in that. Marketing is basically convincing the stupid to buy something they wouldn't otherwise think they would want or need. I am sure a large amount of Stones fans here got into the band that way.
14th March 2007 05:26 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:
You don't become the biggest band in the world through talent and songs alone. Marketing plays a big part in that. Marketing is basically convincing the stupid to buy something they wouldn't otherwise think they would want or need. I am sure a large amount of Stones fans here got into the band that way.

I'm glad I discovered them digging into my Dads albums....
14th March 2007 05:28 PM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
Those 5 pages in the Genesis thread are because it's fun to make fun of those windbags. Patti Smith was golden in the 70's but her recent album was nearly unlistenable.

The greatest bullshit ever. I bet you have never listend to Trampin'. Stride of the mind is a song with a riff Keith Richards could be jealous of. In fact Keith hasn't wrote such a riff in a long long time.
14th March 2007 06:14 PM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:

The greatest bullshit ever. I bet you have never listend to Trampin'. Stride of the mind is a song with a riff Keith Richards could be jealous of. In fact Keith hasn't wrote such a riff in a long long time.

First off, it's an opinion. Get a fucking dictionary & while you're at it, a book of etiquette, you stinkin' asshole! Just because I have the nerve to disagree with you (!) doesn't make it bullshit. Now, on to the song you mentioned: I'm guessing it sucks but I'll see if it's on youtube...
14th March 2007 06:57 PM
andrews27 Celine Dion walks into a bar.

The bartender says, "Hey babe? Why the long face?"
14th March 2007 07:00 PM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
First off, it's an opinion. Get a fucking dictionary & while you're at it, a book of etiquette, you stinkin' asshole! Just because I have the nerve to disagree with you (!) doesn't make it bullshit. Now, on to the song you mentioned: I'm guessing it sucks but I'll see if it's on youtube...

You prove my point old man. You never have listened to Trampin'; you don't even know the song I mentioned. So you simply don't know where you are talking about. First listen to an album before you give your lousy comment or otherwise keep your mouth shut.

BTW: It's also very cheap to criticize someone who isn't a native speaker. I guess my English is much better than your Dutch, you moron.
[Edited by F505]
14th March 2007 07:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:

I loved it and got teary when Ronnie Spector mentioned joey Ramone the other night... I'm such a sappy Ramone's fan...

ronnie and joey compared gun stories?
14th March 2007 07:49 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm not embarrassed at all.
Harkens me back to the late '70s.
All my friends were into disco.
I was hitting the local punk clubs and seeing bands playing original tunes.

I got lots of grief for my love of vintage, leopard and camoflague clothing.

But I knew I was right....cause all the "freaks" I was hangin with LOVED the Stones, especially Keef.

LJ.
14th March 2007 08:17 PM
parmeda LJ...even nowadays the "freaks" don't get it.

Never have...never will.
14th March 2007 08:42 PM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:
LJ...even nowadays the "freaks" don't get it.

Never have...never will.

The "freaks" were the cool peeps.
It was those disco divas that never got it, never will.

When you goin' on vacation, Hootchie??

LJ.
14th March 2007 08:43 PM
parmeda Not soon fucking enough!
14th March 2007 09:14 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
F505 wrote:

You prove my point old man. You never have listened to Trampin'; you don't even know the song I mentioned. So you simply don't know where you are talking about. First listen to an album before you give your lousy comment or otherwise keep your mouth shut.

BTW: It's also very cheap to criticize someone who isn't a native speaker. I guess my English is much better than your Dutch, you moron.
[Edited by F505]

I happen to own "Trampin'" -- still no Bay City Rollers -- and agree heartily that it is, in fact, unlistenable, with the exception of the title track, which is a traditional gospel number that was good before Patti Smith got hold of it.
14th March 2007 09:22 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
F505 wrote:

And by the way, the "Stride of the Mind" riff sounds like warmed-over Joe Perry.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)