ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago sale of A Bigger Bang Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th March 2006 12:43 PM
jb Payphone Al saw me pull in Lauderdale show with son in Mercedes with special 20 inch rims!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
16th March 2006 12:48 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Payphone Al saw me pull in Lauderdale show with son in Mercedes with special 20 inch rims!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

He called me, I wanted to say hi, but you were gone...
16th March 2006 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

He called me, I wanted to say hi, but you were gone...

He is a very nice man as is his friend..real good people!!!! He was so busy , we couldn't really talk, but enjoyed the quick greet nonetheless.........I'm suppose to get some Stone Ymaulkes for the Bar Mitzvah next year!!!
[Edited by jb]
16th March 2006 01:02 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

I'm suppose to get some Stone Ymaulkes for the Bar Mitzvah next year!!!

That is a dream of mine.... If you rocked any harder, you'd be a boulder!
Can you rock it? YES he can !!!

[Edited by pdog]
[Edited by pdog]
16th March 2006 01:42 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Back Rolling Stones Records- the store. I have to agree with all the positive comments about their amazing selection. I was able to buy real Vigotone boots there up until a few years back when they had some problems with handling/carrying these black market items. They are a lot more careful now. It's still a great store to go to for rarities and hard to find music. (Don't miss the nice little head shop a few doors down.)

Another great way to acquire music without going into huge debt and also a way to find the rarities is to take in the used cd/vinyl stores along Broadway and Clark Streets in the Lakeview area. Most used cds are around $7 a pop.
19th March 2006 11:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:
This post is for Voodoopug, Parmeda, Polksalad, and the other Chicagoans who post on this board.

The ad in the March, 2006 Illinois Entertainer for Rolling Stones record store on Irving Park Road has the usual discount coupons, but it also has a coupon indicating that A Bigger Bang is on sale for $7.99 with the coupon.

What do you read into this promotion?
Does this mean that Rolling Stones is overstocked with the CD because it won't otherwise sell?
Or is it Rolling Stones just using it as a loss-leader to get people into the store(which IMO is not only the best record store in Chicagoland, but also the best video store)?

it means chicago has humiliated the stones again
21st March 2006 10:27 AM
nanatod I have been thinking about deleting this thread, but it has been getting the Chicagoans out of the woodwork. Any southsiders out there?
21st March 2006 10:32 AM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:
I have been thinking about deleting this thread, but it has been getting the Chicagoans out of the woodwork. Any southsiders out there?

I am originally from Midlothian
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)