ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: hey jb... Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th March 2006 07:35 AM
chevysales a new era is upon us dolphans... finally a qb who won't be swallowed up in the shadow of marino like the pretenders before us... huard,lucas,fiedler,griese (sob..."son of bob"),ferrotte (wish he stayed as backup),rosenfels.

a new era was started last season... "in saban we trust".

btw, the pharmaceutical company my older brother represents got him and two of his clients some good tix for sunrise and having not seen the stones since that memorable orange bowl show with third eye blind, smashing pumkins, dave mathews and the real band our stones which we both had 6th row dead center for he was floored. told me absolutely the show was probably the best indoor show he had ever seen by any band (now he hadn't seent he stones do an indoor show since lakeland in what was it 1978?)... he was at many fillmore east shows by allman brothers and other bands in there peak and had seen the stones in 69 and 72. i know age does things for our memory but i'l take him at his word.
15th March 2006 09:07 AM
mac_daddy what's the deal with ricky williams..?

is he suspended, or did that all get smoothed over..?

that will make a big difference...

i did think gus was coming along nicely. now they just need another receiver to go with chambers (fantasy gold for me last year) and mcMichael. i am just glad to see the 'phins seem to be staying out of the to sweepstakes. keshawn is available, though... watch out for the dolphins next year...

_____

have you seen the moves the redskins have made..?

15th March 2006 09:19 AM
Nellcote Chevysales wrote:

Don't forget of whom he was nurtured by...one Bill Belichick...
15th March 2006 09:33 AM
Joey

The Chiefs will still SUCK this year .

www.kcchiefs.com

15th March 2006 10:45 AM
chevysales
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
what's the deal with ricky williams..?

is he suspended, or did that all get smoothed over..?

that will make a big difference...

i did think gus was coming along nicely. now they just need another receiver to go with chambers (fantasy gold for me last year) and mcMichael. i am just glad to see the 'phins seem to be staying out of the to sweepstakes. keshawn is available, though... watch out for the dolphins next year...

_____

have you seen the moves the redskins have made..?

nothing but rumore on ricky... gus left many games out there last season it was sickening with his horribly inaccurate arm (strong but no accuracy) and constant (and i do mean constant) overthrows of wide open recievers it was heartbreaking to watch.

and damn if the skins aren't doing some big free agent shopping... don't agree with the archuletta move as he is on a decline with a bad back but they needed safety help in case sean taylor gets convicted... gun charge in fla willl be hard to beat and has a 3yr mandatory with it.
15th March 2006 10:51 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Chevysales wrote:

Don't forget of whom he was nurtured by...one Bill Belichick...

hmmm... while bill gets his kudos from me... bill was the one who went to saban in offseasons discussing defensive strategy and draft hopefuls (see your lsu players). both cut from same cloth with same heritage (croatian?) and are workaholics. all the media info that flowed freely in mia under past coaches who will remain nameless is over. it's patsie land south in lack of info getting out there and when it does it's only from the coach.

either way they are 2 damn good coaches... and when da fins win the afc east which until last two seasons was consistently the strongest division in football all will talk about saban the genius too
15th March 2006 11:04 AM
Lil Brian
quote:
Joey wrote:
The Chiefs will still SUCK this year .
www.kcchiefs.com

I read KC has been offered the 2015 Super Bowl contingent on the construction of a roof over Arrowhead. Hail to the Chiefs!
15th March 2006 11:06 AM
Nellcote Yes, Chevy, let the jousting begin...
Looks like the only competition in the AFC East would be the 'Phins. Good for the division to see something positive happen with another team.
15th March 2006 05:29 PM
Some Guy Falcons are making good moves in the offseason
15th March 2006 09:01 PM
mac_daddy no more willie mcg in foxboro...

damn. cleveland is getting better, too...

more info

kitna went someplace else, too (but i cant remember where)...

hey - when would the next expansion team come into being..? i miss football around here, but i really dont want to root for the vikings, saints or cardinals. if we get an expansion team, and they play @ a refurb'd coliseum, i will jump head-first into season tickets...

15th March 2006 09:30 PM
Starbuck umm....chevy...i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:

quote:
"the dolphins and all miami have been humiliated!"
-starbuck

for those that weren't aware, daunte's knee basically is jello. it was already giving him serious problems last year, as is evidenced by his shitty play in the vikings' first seven games when they went 2-5 and daunte threw about 456 interceptions and 2 TDs. to make matters worse when he was upended in the game against carolina in week 8 his ACL, Post. CL and the other knee ligament snapped like frayed rubber bands. he won't step foot on a field again until at least midseason, and when he does he's likely to completely shatter his surgically repaired and duct taped together knee....

exhibit A: a healthy knee

exhibit B: daunte's knee

no, his career is over. i'm just glad we found somebody else on which to stick his $11 mil a year salary!

Tee hee!

[Edited by Starbuck]
15th March 2006 10:23 PM
jb Dan Marino was at the Lauderdale show just to the right of me rocking out with his oldest son........I have seen him now at 3 stones shows since 94............
15th March 2006 11:07 PM
Starbuck perhaps daunte could borrow marino's knee!

16th March 2006 05:09 AM
chevysales
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
umm....chevy...i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:

for those that weren't aware, daunte's knee basically is jello. it was already giving him serious problems last year, as is evidenced by his shitty play in the vikings' first seven games when they went 2-5 and daunte threw about 456 interceptions and 2 TDs. to make matters worse when he was upended in the game against carolina in week 8 his ACL, Post. CL and the other knee ligament snapped like frayed rubber bands. he won't step foot on a field again until at least midseason, and when he does he's likely to completely shatter his surgically repaired and duct taped together knee....

no, his career is over. i'm just glad we found somebody else on which to stick his $11 mil a year salary!

Tee hee!

sounds like sour grapes too me.
your post shows your complete lack of the facts along with no nfl knowledge.
clearly your info sucks.

you don't think franchises who spend close to 100mil a year on players have thier doctors check things out. he passed his physical... on his way to a full recovery.

what the heck do you mean his knee was giving him problems as evident by his poor play?
that statement speaks volumes about your lack of nfl knowledge... stick to the stones as football ain't your bag... he didn't have a prior knee problem... more like a love boat problem yes. he lost his offensive coordinatoor (linehan) to us last year and his best reciever... the vikings were in shambles. he tried to do too much on his own.
from the coach selling super bowl tickets to the owner being as cheap as benson in new orleans. ...cheap owner...cheap team... oh and his money for this year is a 6 mil roster bonus and 2 mil base... exactly the same contract he had... as steal for a qb of his caliber.
again your facts suck. enjoy brad johnson. only a fool would pass up culpepper for second rounder. have you witnessed the qb play around the league lately? have you looked at dante's stats? from college thru the nfl? guess not.

he will flourish on natural grass down here.

well you should research most RECENT nfl players who have torn up their knees... willis mghee comes to mind as does edgerin james... running backs who will use their knees far more then dante will... expect to see him wear a brace first season. we are running the exact same offense that linehan used with culpepper in 2004 where he set an all time record for nfl qb's in total yardage (run and pass).

dante went to the top knee doctor in the business... the same one who did willis mcgahee and edgerin james and just about every big money player in the nfl with excelent results.

dan marino had bad kness throughout his career... didn't work out too bad huh? and if he had access to the doctors out there now he would still be playing.

heck every frickin' expert in the business has lauded this trade as a steal for miami... i agree.

[Edited by chevysales]
16th March 2006 05:16 AM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
Dan Marino was at the Lauderdale show just to the right of me rocking out with his oldest son........I have seen him now at 3 stones shows since 94............

nice

[Edited by chevysales]
16th March 2006 07:43 AM
Break The Spell

-
[/quote]

Kitna went to the Lions, they made somewhat of a big deal of it here as I live near Cincy. Now they need a good back up QB in case Palmer has to sit out more time after that season ending injury.
16th March 2006 07:52 AM
chevysales
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

-

Kitna went to the Lions, they made somewhat of a big deal of it here as I live near Cincy. Now they need a good back up QB in case Palmer has to sit out more time after that season ending injury.
[/quote]
palmer is a very very good qb and he too will come back from his knee injury.

the methods used now medically are light years ahead of where they were 10 years ago. i wish we had palmer!

the guy above with his mis information is a typical vikings fan . new owner of a teamin total disarry and after watching wannstatd do the same thing to our proud franchise i empathise with him... just his information sucks... he should stick to the stones as he knows didly about the nfl
16th March 2006 11:25 PM
Starbuck oh chevy....enjoy your football PhD...it won't help when daunte goes the route of napoleon mccallum.

he and carson palmer will sipping lattes in the football "early retirement" home by preseason 2007.

daunte's new knee this time next year:

17th March 2006 04:39 AM
chevysales
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
oh chevy....enjoy your football PhD...it won't help when daunte goes the route of napoleon mccallum.

he and carson palmer will sipping lattes in the football "early retirement" home by preseason 2007.

daunte's new knee this time next year:

if you say so

but something tells me these guys don't drink lattes... only peter king does
[Edited by chevysales]
17th March 2006 08:44 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Dan Marino was at the Lauderdale show just to the right of me rocking out with his oldest son........I have seen him now at 3 stones shows since 94............

Washed up has been. Fuck Marino. If he's so goddam great show me his superbowl ring.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
17th March 2006 09:33 AM
glencar Please. That's like asking the Stones to show you their Grammys. Or is it Grammies? Anyhoo, this year's officiating shows that it's not always talent that wins games. A little help from the refs goes a long way.
17th March 2006 09:35 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
A little help from the refs goes a long way.

I would like to nibble your elbows
17th March 2006 09:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
A little help from the refs goes a long way.

Election 2000.
17th March 2006 10:24 AM
chevysales
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Washed up has been. Fuck Marino. If he's so goddam great show me his superbowl ring.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

hey 1 player doesn't win a super bowl... another football genius
17th March 2006 10:42 AM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:

hey 1 player doesn't win a super bowl... another football genius

The man simply reonvented the mordern passing game and still holds about 17 NFL records, despite never having a great defense, good running back, and having to spend his last years under Johnson/Wanstadt who had him throwing to greats like Orande Gadson ...........even Montanna , when asked about other great QB's, immediately brought up Marino(ass-wipe Chirs ?) mentioned no rings, and Montanna also sais unlike my teams, he never had a great defense to really stop teams, even when he put up 40 points. Most QB's, including the late Johnny Unitas, always mention marion as one of the best ever....Stats don't lie....many great players never got rings(see Ernie Banks, Charles Barkley, etc). A ring would have certainly sealed his legend as the greatest ever, but Dan has nothing to be ashamed of....those 84-97 seasons were incredible, and god knows how many more TD's, yardage, abnd yes, even a ring , he could have received if Johnson/Wanstadt did not emasculate hin in his final years.
17th March 2006 10:42 AM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Election 2000.

Get over it, fruitcake!
17th March 2006 11:20 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:

Get over it, fruitcake!

Real nice. How very Republican of you.
17th March 2006 11:22 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Real nice. How very Republican of you.

My feeling as a dem is that when they stop blaming Clinton for everything, I'll get over it.......................
17th March 2006 11:54 AM
Joey

I just took my second major shit of the morning .

DAMN that Corned Beef and Friggin Cabbage !!!!!

Why oh WHY do I even bother to devour such ...........'

WAIT !!!!!!!! ...... Oh , NO !!!!!!!!!! ... NO !!!!!!:

*********** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION **********

cc: [ SS ]
[Edited by Joey]
17th March 2006 11:56 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

My feeling as a dem is that when they stop blaming Clinton for everything, I'll get over it.......................

Joshy, let's make an effort to ignore Sway unless it's to amke fun of the Block Crawes. They really blow.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)