ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What are YOUR favorite memories of this Tour?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th March 2006 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
How sad that Joey never left Omaha. To be Omaha'd in Omaha is a depressing thought. Deeply depressing.

I just do not understand ............

So much hostility ... so much vitriol ....... so much caustic behavior ....

..... when all young Joey does ..........

... is LOVE !

Joeykins !
16th March 2006 04:55 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
How sad that Joey never left Omaha. To be Omaha'd in Omaha is a depressing thought. Deeply depressing.

It truly gives meaning to Maxy's brilliant post-Living in your own private Omaha!

Riffy
16th March 2006 04:56 PM
glencar Those B-52's sure can sing but they don't really rock!
16th March 2006 04:59 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
Those B-52's sure can sing but they don't really rock!

You must be refering to the lame assed group from Athens,Ga.,and not the picture of the B-52 in my picture,right? Because,Blue,I can promiss you this much-That one does rock indeed! I would hate to be on the recieveing end of that little rock show. If ya take my meaning.

Riffy
16th March 2006 05:08 PM
glencar LOL yes, that's what I meant. The redhead's got an incredible voice but the male lead singer spewed some anti-Bush crap. I wasn't that pissed off; I just found it amusing.
17th March 2006 09:24 PM
LadyJane Bumping this up...I would like to hear from more of you.

Share with us your favorite memories.

I have two more to add

--Posting from Parmeda's PC
--Posting from Maxlugar's PC.

LJ.
17th March 2006 09:27 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Bumping this up...I would like to hear from more of you.

Share with us your favorite memories.

I have two more to add

--Posting from Parmeda's PC
--Posting from Maxlugar's PC.

LJ.

There was that time in NYC when some of The ROCC fed me grapes and danced provacatively... I didn't want to brag... Feej and Riffy were asleep, so they missed it...
17th March 2006 09:44 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

Didn't you drop acid in Rio?
Sick!

snorted and vaporized as well

OK now

Cazart!!

did I forget Xanax and Rohypnol?

not really

well

I take the Fifth

18th March 2006 01:32 AM
prodigalson having the whole band 6 feet away from me during the stage move. and watching them play "respectable" right in front of me. and being able to see keith and mick right damm there soooo close to me.
19th March 2006 12:40 PM
TomL Try and pick my favorite moments, Wow now that’s a fucking hard one. We had so many laughs along the way, so many old friends, and so many new ones. There was so much going on in a 7 month time frame. I’ll give it a shot, sorry if I can not remember everything. I can’t just pick one so I will touch on them all. Ya know a Stones old folks home might be the way to go. I got to say thanks to my wife and son for putting up with me. I would have left me a long time ago. On with the show…………….

It all started when we saw CC and Lynn at the press conference.

Phoenix Theatre, Toronto Canada, 8/10/05 – Had my bag packed for a week and finally got the call. Driving to Cleveland to catch up with the Cat and it was then off to Toronto, where we made it in about 2PM. We were about 20th in line and the party started. We kept taking turns getting beers and pissing in the parking lot across the street. Met some really cool people in TO. Ordered a pizza while waiting in line. The old drunk man who someone paid to stand in line all night. Boy was he fucked up; he fell and smashed his head in, got stitches then got back in line. When the person who paid him got there in the morning the cops chased him away and the old man was in. Got our tix at 8AM and it was party time. I’ll never forget the giant paper ass and balls in that one bar. 9 that night Mick came out rocking with Rough Justice. What a show, only 200 let in off the street. This will have to go down as a great one for me. The way it fell I had to take a whole fucking week off work due to driving and not flying. It was nice to see Al, LisaM, Mattman, GJ, Moongodess, Tommy gun and everyone else. Isabel I felt so bad for you, but you get an A for effort. Andrew it was a pleasure.

Sweet Home Chicago, Soldier Field 9/10/05- Got to the airport with Nanky and we started pounding them down. Arrived to meet LJ and to take a look at our room. LJ had the best room you could get, with a 16 seat board table in it. We went fucking crazy and had some great smoke outs there. I will never forget that table. Met up with the rat then went to Pam’s house. What a fucking cab ride that was, first time I had to stop to stretch our legs before we got there. The cabbie was real cool. Pam was a wonderful host, so was poopy. We went to the coolest place on earth, Kingston Mines, great blues place, the real deal. So good we went twice. Sorry forgot the Duck was there, my fine feathered friend. The show was great but it was hell getting a cab back, we also hit the House of Blues that night also. That was one drinking stretch of three days or so. Went to Chess studio for a tour, saw Susan and Isabel there, also made it to pugs show. We crammed so much in that show. Always a great time with my friend Nanky, and LJ and that fucking table. Some executive decisions were made there. Could go on forever with this one, I got to go back some time.

Albany, NY 9/17/05- A quickie, in one day out the next. I know it killed Nanky not to be there. But you were there in sprit. Small town with a big bang. They were flowing that night also. Roomed with my friend GJ and the show was awesome. We were eating pizza in the bar after words and this girl was choking and ended up spitting out a big hunk on my arm. After the shell shock we laughed our ass off. I was in the back of the house but got upgraded to the front. Another 4 in the morning deal, and the plane ride the next was rough. But not as rough as the one from Columbus in 03 Doug. Thanks for a wonderful time Albany.

Columbus 9/24/05- Flew to the Cats and off we were to the pre party. What a great time and I got to meet MEG so I could apologize for you know what. Again it was flowing that night and we did not stop. Then the Duck showed up with a Voodoo Lounge ash tray for me, thanks Duck. Then there was Martha, always a sweetheart. Always a pleasure. The showed rocked and we got SWAY for the first time. After the show we got to talk to Bernard and Blondie for awhile. That was nice, and then it was back to the room for more drinks. Great party Dave, hopefully we will get to do it there again. I know I am leaving some stuff out but I will remember sometime. I know when Dave picked me up from the airport RS.com called; we won ON Stage tix for Pittsburgh. So off we went.

Pittsburgh, PA 9/28/05- The Cat met me at my moms house and away we went to the show. What a beautiful day in Pitt, the streets were filled with people. The pre party was crazy. Got to see SweetVa, Cathy, Susan and Lena waiting for tix. We were in line and that simple bastard Dave spots Mario Lumex in our line to get on stage. He goes up to him and says Greskey ain’t got shit on you; Lumex looked at him like he was crazy, by the way he is crazy. Got to drink in the VIP area that night. We get up to out box and we did not like the view so Dave starts bitching. Next thing you know we are being taking from the box back stage to 15th row dead center. We got to walk past the stage while we were being taken there. I think that was the first night for Off My Cloud. We got Wild Horses also. Dave thanks for a great time and look forward to Cleveland real soon. You make me laugh my ass off.

Hershey, PA 10/1/05- Short drive and I get to the room and see Moon goddess. Waiting on Matt Man who will be my roomy for the night. Did something for the first time. Brought a crock pot full of hot sausage, and boy were those fuckers hot. Got to see a lot of Shidobbees at the pre party. So many people at that pre party for being in the middle of no where. Tail gated with GJ and his friend from Florida for awhile. It was hell getting out of that lot after so we continued partying hearty. Got back to the room and then we went to Cathy’s and Mikes place for a drink. Lisa M, Moon, Al and a few others including myself went for breakfast about 5 AM. The moon fell asleep on the table. That was a long drive back home. Before the show I saw Lynn and parked my but there next to her. When the guy was not looking I jumped the fence and off to the 6th row or so where two seats remained empty the whole show. Another lucky stones moment.

MCI, DC 10/3/05- I know this was another one that killed Nanky. Went to the Bottom line pre party where I met Josh and son for the first time. Our old stomping grounds. SweetVA, Doug, OldKr, Lena, Susan, SS and others were there. I brought my son and we sold the tix we had and up graded. At Keith’s set I went for a beer and this girl was falling and slipping. I caught her before she hit the ground. She worked for John Mayall and gave me two tix in front of the B. Off we went where we saw Doug and OldKr and rocked to Shattered. My son was ruined, front row first show. Another great show. Lemon drops, no that was another time. We will be there the 31st of this month (March) for our annual gathering.

Charlottesville, VA 10/6/05- The Duck flew in for this one from Columbus and we quacked all the way. I know Nanky wanted this one also, I was thinking about you buddy. Left at about noon to the pre party with the Shiddobbees , great place and it was nice to see Doug again. Long walk to the venue but we had 6th row for that night. Show was going great, time for Keith’s set. Mick came out and said due to technical difficulties we are going to take a 10 minute break. We knew something was wrong, then they cleared the first 50 rows on the floor, bomb threat. That fucking sucked. They did Sweet VA for us. I did not think they were coming back on, but they did and were great. Got back to the car after the show and left about 12 to go to the hotel. It was a 45 minute drive in the pouring rain that also sucked. But we got there and settled in. It was a great experience threw it all. And the Rain fell down for the whole next day. Next day was a day of BBQ and drinking so we were ready to go to Durham.

Durham Fucking, NC 10/8/05- Me and the Duck left about 8 in the morning or so to head down for a good time. Got to the room and had a mini suite, but in a not so high class place. But it worked. Talked to Doug for a while and we decided to party in the room all day. Brought the crock pot again, Polish Kielbasa with kraut and potato buns. Now that I think about it seemed to be one of the smallest stadiums I have ever been in. Maybe it was just the look. Duck played Gomper on the mando, what a rare treat. The Duck is a good man. Lucked out again with 5th row seats. The show was awesome again, they seem to be not changing up the set, but on fire every night. Got to see Martha after the show where she dropped me a boot of the Columbus show. THANK YOU. Headed back after, we took a shuttle bus back and forth, where Martha, Chris and friend stopped by for some activities. Thanks for dropping by. Next morning Duck flew back and it was a nice drive by myself cranking Stones all the way back. Thanks Bon Quacker.

Philly # 1 10/10/05- Nanky I know this one killed you. Ronnie was playing for you that night. Terri drove with me for this one even she was not going to the show. First stop Pat’s Steaks in South Philly. They were fucking delicious. Off to the market on 9th where we made our way to 9th and Christian for some sausage to take home. Off to twelve steps down for a quick beer and off to the hotel in Center City. Left the hotel about 4 or so to meet with SweetVa, Susan, and Lena, and if my memory serves me correct Elizabeth. Drank some Orange Crush and Vodka, it was pretty fucking good. Off to the show we go ready for some rock N roll. Got to the venue and Hot Rocks were playing in the pub within. Great time and we got to see so many at the Shidobbee party. Me and CC sat together and had some fun. Another great show and I believe the first for Rain Fell Down. But I will have to say at the end Mick was singing Satisfaction while Keith was playing It’s Only Rock N Roll or vise versa. But it did happen. After the show Lena and Elizabeth went there way and me , SweetVa and Susan walked to the Holiday Inn bar several blocks from the Union Center. Saw BonStones and Pittsburgh Joe there. We were leaving and asked for a cab. We go outside and there is a big stretch Limo there. Guy said give me what you want for the ride back, so off we went. We had to stop at Pat’s Steaks on the way back and we got the royal treatment. He opened up the doors like we were kings. Everyone was looking. We ate the steaks in the limo. Back to there hotel and it is orange crush and vodka again. Thanks ladies for a real good time, walked back to the hotel about 3 or so in the morning. Philly is always awesome. Moongodess, Mick it was nice to see you again. I love Philly.

MSG # 2 1/20/06- Long time between shows. But the parties of the century. So many Rocks Offers and Shiddobbees. Walters is always grand and it was the biggest Rocks Off party ever. We can’t go wrong. Fuck You Gazza, will ya. That South American thing was awesome. Voodoo you were missed. Nanky a most never forgettable weekend. LJ was there for both shows and got to hear the only one song I wanted to hear, Worried About You. Off me and Terri go to bite the big apple. Arrive about mid day with a stop in Philly before hand to cram down a Pat’s Steak. Well worth the extra time. Arrive in Manhattan around noon or so and check in about 2 blocks from Times Square. Went over to LJ’s and met MEG, pdog, maxmister, the rat jumped out of the elevator, Nanky and others for some drinks. Was real nice atop the Marriott Marquee. Off to Stouts we go. Walked in and seen Doug and OldKr as they were heading to Walter’s. We had some fun at Stout’s and it was great to see all. Luxury, SS, Josh, Lotus Couch, JaXX, that Irish Bastard Gazza, Fuck You Gazza. I know there were many more people there but my brain is fried. Off to Walters with GJ and the place was packed. Thanks for the beads, so many Shiddobbees there, and the bathroom is way to big. Great to see CC, Summer, Lar, Doug, OldKr, Moongodess, Mick and those cops who kept trying to get us back in. The show was great and still the band is on fire. Our seats were a lot better than the diagram showed. Not bad, not bad. NY is NY, always rocking. Back to Stout’s after the show and some mighty fine drinking went on. Next day after everyone woke from the dead we met at ESPN Sports Zone at about 4 or so. Me, Terri. LJ, Mike, Nanky and Jim had a few there, the vodka and cranberry was flowing that night. Off to Little Italy for dinner, two cabs were needed. So Nanky grabs a limo and off we go. The driver was real cool, thanks Nanky for a special treat. We had a great 5 hour dinner with liquids flowing and it was so nice to just sit and chat. I can’t say enough how much I really enjoyed that, THANKS NANKY. Another rough next day, but a stop in Philly for another Pat’s Steaks. I love those fucking things. Fuck Geno’s. Always a very special pleasure to be in NYC. God I can go on and on………………………….

Baltimore, Maryland 2/1/06- WOO…WOO………Tina had a very nice pre party. Nanky was pumped for this one. Long time since they played Baltimore. Met my friend about noon at the hotel and they were flowing. We went to lunch at an Irish Pub a few blocks away to get something in our bellies for the night. Tonight was back stage at the Rattle Snake Inn. We left to go to the pre party and had a blast, Nanky joined us from the room and the Shiddobbees were rocking. Off we go to the arena, get the passes and we are there. Saw Chuck, Blondie, Bernard. Daryl, Kent, Bobby, I got to stand, not talk, next to Charlie for about 3 minutes or so. Charlie humbles me. We went to piss and Ronnie was walking the arena, it was so hard just to walk by and say what’s up Ronnie. It’s all about space. The Filet and crab cakes (as big as your fist) were excellent. What another great show where they ROCKED. Sound keeps getting better each show and the energy is amazing. Off to the hotel bar for more fluids, and if my memory serves me correct the crock pot was there again. I can’t fucking remember what was in it though. What a great night that was. I remember seeing Doug back there somewhere. Nice venue and only an hour away from me. Gotta love those blue shelled crabs. They say we just missed Mick by 5 minutes. But all in all it was a shell shocking experience; boy do I wish I could hit the lottery. But then again I would be dead in 3 years. Thanks to the guy who joined us from Philly for the night. It was totally a bone chilling night. WOO…WOO…………..

Thanks My Friend.

Mexico City, Mexico 2/26/06- I need to takes a nights rest to talk about this. Why did I go to Mexico City? Destiny? Executive decision? Call it what you want. But I will say Voodoo treated me like his own flesh, and I felt like I was part of the family. I have never felt such warmth and compassion. Now this was a crazy trip, lot’s of drinking going on. Voodoo, Voodoo, Voodoo- Some Girls just wanna get……….you get it. That video was crazy. Thank you so much for being my eyes and ears. And your wife and kids were great. Voodoo picked me up at 10 PM Friday night; he had just gotten in from his SA trip. Out that night for a night of fun, we made it in around 6 AM or so. Saturday we went into the mountains to pick his daughter up from camp. I got to see the countryside outside the city. That night we went to a blues club where we got toasted. The band did some Stones stuff for us and the place was rocking. The waitresses were dancing on the bar. Another 6 AM morning with us making a video. Boy was it bad, but fun. Day of the show we had a pre party at the Grand Prix hotel across from the stadium. I got to meet all Voodoo’s brothers. E-Moon, E-moon’s mom, Sharp E and others. I also got to meet FA who gave me 2 photos of his that he had signed. That was a great surprise. They look great in my Stones room. After the show we went for tacos before heading home. Off to the airport early the next morning. What a great time, thank you so much Voodoo. Mamasetas…

Little Rock, 3/9/06- Up at 3:30 AM to catch a cab at 4:30 AM for a 6AM flight. Once on board a nice vodka and cranberry was in order. Got to Cincinnati only to have another v/c. There the Duck met me for our leg to LR. We had a few and off to Little Rock we go, ready to have a ball. We checked into our hotel which was 3 blocks or so from the arena. From there we took a trolley across the river into the river district. Stopped into Sticky Fingez for a few and there were some Shidobbees there already. After that we headed to the Peabody where we ran into Josh and then Blondie in the lobby. We then headed back to the room via cab to get ready for the show. The cabbie came back for us as we headed to Sonny Williamson’s steak place. There we had a massive cut of filet with plenty of vodka cranberries. Back to Sticky Fingerz for the pre show party, tons of people there all having a good time. Show time, the cabbie picked us up and dropped us back by the hotel for a boost. The crowd was great and the show was awesome. Again they rocked the house and I got Dead Flowers again. Back of my Hand was also nice to hear again and A radical version of Rambler. I had a seat back by the B but Duck had one in the second row, so I was going to squeeze in. When I got there Josh was sitting right next to Duck. Thanks guys for letting me hang. I have to say, Josh does rock at a show. It was nice to be a 3 minute walk after the show was over, where we had more vodka and cranberry. I billed it to the room and did not realize I gave them the wrong room number, honest mistake, but free drinks. Thanks Duck for a real good time and tons of fun. Little Rock has to be one of the smallest cities I think I have seen them in. Little Rock….ROCKS. No traffic and a slowed down town pace. If they ever come back to LR, I do recommend you take in the show. Wonderful fucking time, ducks checking into retiring there. Duck scrambled for his flight the next morning while I was waking.

Ft. Lauderdale 3/12/06- My final show. Up at 9 or so to get to the airport for a flight. Upon arriving a vodka cranberry was in order before boarding, and off to Orlando I go. They also had booze on the plane, which was very good. Got onto FLL Friday at about 6 PM and off to my mother-in-laws. A night of drinking and rest was in order. Got up the next day and there was a yard sale in the community. Knowing I was going to the Ronnie Wood art show that night I picked up a brown blazer for $ 1.50 to top off the outfit. I left about 5 and headed down the Sawgrass to Cathy and Susan’s hotel, where a Bloody Mary was in order. From there it was off to the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino at Jacks Gallery. They had a red carpet bordered with cheetah slut colors. I tried to steal it for Cathy after the show but they caught me. Got to see so many people there, colditalianpizza, Matt Lee, JimmyB and many others. I ran into a guy Cathy knows, Capt Rick. Me and Rick hung out for the whole Licks show down there, what a small world. In comes Ronnie and the crowd started to smother him so he went into this private room. We went outside to smoke and Blondie comes walking in, I said hey Blondie he took a double take and said hey Little Rock, so he did remember me. They were serving wine and some pretty good appetizers. Back in we go and the news crew was starting to set up in a certain location. So I parked my ass there and waited. Here comes Ronnie and he walks and stops one foot in front of me. The news lady was interviewing him, when she was done I said hey Ronnie I hear you guys are coming back in the fall. He said what do you mean mate to FLL? I said no just in general to do a few more shows. He said I just play where they tell me too mate, so he did not answer the question. But it at least was real cool to talk to him. Susan and Cathy were right behind me. So here I am talking to Ronnie in front of a $ 950,000.00 dollar painting with a $ 1.50 blazer on. Now that’s class. He was very nice and genuine. It was great. Jillian, thanks for the parking lot conversation. Off to Fridays where we had a bite with JimmyB and a few drinks. I got back to my mother-in-laws about 1 AM and drank on the car port till about 4 in the morning, I was so pumped up. I must have called everyone under the sun. Next day was show time and I relaxed all day getting ready. I left about 3 Pm and headed to the parking lot where I met my friend GJ and his friend from Fla. They were the only ones there and it was a happy birthday for GJ. We drank awhile then I headed over to the pre party at the arena grill. Tons of people there and Jo Jo did a great job. I met Dave’s friends from Columbus Steve and Lillian, CIP and wife, there friends, Stones man, JimmyB, Jane, there were so many people there sorry my brain is fried. We had our own little section in the back. Stones man was telling me my friend Mike was driving from Orlando and left a 6. It was going to be tough for him to make it. Off to the show we go where we were lucky enough to get into the hospitality suite, hey free beer and food. There I talked to a lady who said this was her 27 show of the tour, wow. There was a lot of excitement in the air that night and we were ready to Rock. Susan was sitting one section over from me and Cathy two sections. I could see Josh and Matt Lee on the floor. They came out rocking and we got to hear Sway, Ain’t too proud and many others. My third time out of four to hear sway. The band was on fire, and they keep seeming to out do them selves. Mick went absolutely fucking on Sympathy, like I have never seen before. Satisfaction never ended. After the show we ran outside to catch a quick cab to head back to the post party. The place was rocking and the drinks were flowing. Then I run into stones man and Mike. Mike made it in at about the 5th song. Thanks for saving me and letting me crash. At about two AM Mike grabs me and says you gotta come see this. The waitresses and bartenders were taking off their tops and serving in there bras, now that’s my kind of bar. Again they were flowing. We wanted it to go on forever and hopefully in my mind it will. Next day I relaxed by the pool and went for a very nice seafood dinner at Deerfield Beach. What a great time I had. On the flight home the next day I was realizing it was coming to an end, for now that is. So many good times, so many memories so many good people.

3/19/06- Nanky you were missed. There are so many people to name it would add another sheet. What a ride. The club show gig. That fucking table in Chicago, Kingston Mines, LJ, Duck, Nanky, Pam, Poopy, Isabel, Susan, Pdog, Rat, Chess Studios. Pizza in Albany. The club show gig with the cat and Andrew. The cat, Duck and Meg in Columbus, On stage in Pitt. Up front in Hershey. At the B with Ryan at MCI. Duck, Doug and the bomb scare in Charlottesville. Doug, OldKr, Duck and Martha in Durham. Lena, Susan, SweetVa and Elizabeth in Philly. Everyone at MSG-the parties of the century. Back stage in Baltimore. Voodoo in Mexico City, The Duck and Blondie in Little Rock. Getting to talk to Ronnie in FLL.

In closing I think it is not the shows that I will remember, but it is the friends I have made along the way. Hopefully when this ride stops we will continue our friendships forever. You know you are coming down hard when the following happens.

Terri was operated on Friday for her back. So yesterday she wanted to get out. It was a long day at the mall in Tyson’s and she was asking me to do a lot. By the end of the day both she and I were a little testy to each other. We snapped at each other several times. At one point she said to me can you please show me a little SYMPATHY, I can not believe my response was WOO…..WOO. You know you got it bad with an answer like that. She was doing the taxes after that and said we are getting 11,000.00 back from federal. My response was good I can go to Amsterdam. Well we ain’t getting that back the account, my wife made a mistake.

Thank You all for being who you are. We do have the Bottom Line and the BBQ to look forward to soon.

Peace and God speed to you all……………

Well let’s drink…..to the salt of the earth…………

Sincerely,
TomL
19th March 2006 01:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey you bastard! I also mentioned being your host in the best memories of this tour 'cause it is one of the funniest weekends ever.

Just one comment, I only introduced you one brother, the other is my cousin (direct cousin here we say "cousin-brother) our fathers were brothers so it's a first degree cousin.

In this picture the second from left is my brother Horacio aka The Mexican Allen Ginsberg and the last one is my cousin Pablo

19th March 2006 01:33 PM
LadyJane Tom...you get MY vote for MDF (Most Devoted Fan) of the Tour.

Ahem...and WHO did you call last night when Mrs TomL had HAD enough??? The woman is a Saint!!!!!!!!

Pssst...you wanna get to Amsterdam...tell her you are taking HER to meet up with Egon!!!!! LMFAO.

I love ya!!!

LJ.

PS..Another memory of mine that is etched forever. After Stout, after MSG 20th who could sleep? Mrs TomL yes. Mr TomL and Ms. LJ NO. It was GREAT to sit up with you until 5 looking out my window at Time's Square....drinking...smoking.....drinking..........drinking

The memories will live on forever!!!!!!
19th March 2006 02:19 PM
ExileInLA Leaving the shitty first night show in Boston in August. Worst Stones show of my life.
19th March 2006 02:29 PM
lotsajizz first night was twenty times better than the second
19th March 2006 02:36 PM
Highwire Rob It was my first time seeing any of the back-up singers or entourage up-close.

The warm greetings that Lisa, Bernard, Blondie, and band member, Darryl gave the crowd waiting outside Pittsburgh's Rennaissance Hotel on that sunny September day.

Lisa graciously signed autographs and Blondie just walked right in amongst us!

Also, I didn't know that senior citizens, Keith and Ronnie could sprint that fast to their vans!
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
20th March 2006 07:09 AM
TomL Hey Voodoo you bastard, I miss you. Thanks LJ.
20th March 2006 07:36 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
TomL wrote:
Try and pick my favorite moments, Wow now that’s a fucking hard one. We had so many laughs along the way, so many old friends, and so many new ones. There was so much going on in a 7 month time frame. I’ll give it a shot, sorry if I can not remember everything. I can’t just pick one so I will touch on them all. Ya know a Stones old folks home might be the way to go. I got to say thanks to my wife and son for putting up with me. I would have left me a long time ago. On with the show…………….

In closing I think it is not the shows that I will remember, but it is the friends I have made along the way. Hopefully when this ride stops we will continue our friendships forever. You know you are coming down hard when the following happens.

Terri was operated on Friday for her back. So yesterday she wanted to get out. It was a long day at the mall in Tyson’s and she was asking me to do a lot. By the end of the day both she and I were a little testy to each other. We snapped at each other several times. At one point she said to me can you please show me a little SYMPATHY, I can not believe my response was WOO…..WOO. You know you got it bad with an answer like that. She was doing the taxes after that and said we are getting 11,000.00 back from federal. My response was good I can go to Amsterdam. Well we ain’t getting that back the account, my wife made a mistake.

Thank You all for being who you are. We do have the Bottom Line and the BBQ to look forward to soon.

Peace and God speed to you all……………

Well let’s drink…..to the salt of the earth…………

Sincerely,
TomL

Good start on your book of Stone's Memories!!

I'm sure we all wish we could have the "Luck" of TomL. Your wife deserves many, many pampered moments!!

Here's hoping we get another chance to enjoy our band together.

If not we can always plan "Summits." Right LJ?
20th March 2006 07:37 AM
TomL You are so right Meg.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)